• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, not the major titles I thought would knock me over but 4 of the 6 in the image are things I want to play, so that's a pretty good monthly update. Now, if anyone knows how to create extra time…

SkywardBeam

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm letting my membership lapse, I'm hoping that Grandia is honored for those who bought it in the past, like with Legend of Dragoon. I bought it on PS3.
As it's the same exact version as on PS3 and PSP, it'd better be. Everything else would be ridiculous (gladly it's not released by Capcom).

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of Teardown, not much that interests me for this month.

Between this and the essential line-up, one of the weaker PS+ months in recent memory.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
With the price hike instead of improving the quality it's regressing every month. I am glad I have a lot of other games to play and can focus on those instead.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Wait, Parappa 2 is already there, isn't it? Was one of the first games to be released on PS2 for PS4. Is this a new port on a new emulator?

Yup, sometimes Sony likes to add existing PS2 on PS4 games or arbitrarily chosen remasters to pad the classics selection (or to use as an excuse to not add new PS1/PSP games for a month).

Grandia HD Collection wasn't released on PlayStation

True, I didn't even realize that til someone mentioned it in the other thread. Just kinda assumed they ported it everywhere.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda funny that the recent klonoa remakes/remasters are being shoved into the higher tier as retro games, while extra gets the Dragons dogma remaster.

I swear whatever approach Sony has to deciding what type of remaster goes where is completely random, outside y'know padding the premium tier

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I will try Grandia and Gundam but I am in the minority who thinks this month sucks. Of course to each its own but I expected more, especially after price hike.

AllBizness

Banned
Mar 22, 2020
Welp, guess I'm upgrading to premium to play the Jet Moto games, I never had a PS1 so I missed out on those.

OP
OP
Bishop89

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Nvm
There is a thread dedicated for the classics
the-office-how-dare-you.gif

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I mark this as the beginning of the end of the new PS+ tiers.

There's no turning back now.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Wow surprised at how down the thread is. It's not a lot but Teardown, Dragon's Dogma, Gundam Extreme, and Superliminal are all really solid adds. Even Premium has a couple decent ones like Klonoa and Parappa.

Riptwo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! I've been wanting to try Teardown for a while now. Superliminal is also really cool use of tech to mess with scale and perspective. Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising was a fun time and leads up to the full 2D HD game coming out. Grandia and PaRappa 2 <3 and Jet Moto. Oh how I want a friggin new Jet Moto.

All in all a very good drop this month. Even for classics!

Riptwo will be happy that more people get to play Dragon's Dogma (I'll give it another shot)

Surprised how some Era posters are already whining and calling this update shit.
I am predictable, but I'm also okay with that. Please play Dragon's Dogma, everyone!

Lonk

Dec 23, 2021
Are these considered good Klonoa entries? Haven't touched the series before.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Are these considered good Klonoa entries? Haven't touched the series before.

They're kind of the only Klonoa entries, lol, everything else is a portable spinoff.

I played both this year, they're solid platformers and a bit Kirby-esque. The first one can be a bit frustrating control-wise, but the second one fixes a lot of that. Neither is particularly long so it's not a huge commitment.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
I always wanted to try Teardown, so that's a good month for that alone.

Also don't sleep on Superliminal. It's a bit on the easy side, but it's a really fun and charming couple of hours. I enjoyed it a lot and I wish we'd get more games like this.

Oct 28, 2017
Meh. Can't see myself renewing my extra subscription once it runs out, not been a lot to suggest it's worthwhile for me personally.