G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
The following PS4 games will be available to redeem for free with PlayStation Plus, starting on Tuesday, November 5:

-Nioh
-Outlast 2

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...plus-games-nioh-and-outlast-2/?ref-cat=253599

November's Free PS Plus Games: Nioh and Outlast 2
Prepare for the fight of your life next month as you lock swords with otherworldly evil in brutal action-RPG Nioh, and struggle for survival in tense psychological horror Outlast 2 – both joining the PS Plus monthly games lineup on November 5.

Let's take a closer look:

Nioh
Nioh is a visceral, action-driven adventure where you must hone your skills, upgrade your weapons and demonstrate perseverance and mastery in besting some of ancient Japan's fiercest demons. Travel to the blood-soaked Sengoku period and take on the role of an embattled outsider as you fight to liberate a guardian spirit from the clutches of a power-hungry sorcerer.
Wielding swords, spears, shuriken, bows, rifles, powerful elemental magic and more, shape yourself into an unstoppable samurai warrior. Develop new skills, find ever more powerful armor and perfect your playstyle as you explore overrun towns, brooding caves and abandoned harbors.

Outlast 2
Immerse yourself in a desperate fight for survival in an isolated rural community as you attempt to rescue your kidnapped wife from the clutches of a deranged cult. Having narrowly escaped death in a helicopter crash, set out into the rundown village of Temple Gate and do your best to avoid its crazed inhabitants as you fight to locate your partner.
Haunted by your troubled past, look for answers as you uncover the ever more disturbing secrets lurking beneath the town and the twisted ambitions of its charismatic leader.
Both Nioh and Outlast 2 are available to download from PlayStation Store between November 5 and December 3.

In the meantime, you still have a few days left to pick up October's PlayStation Plus titles, which includes The Last of Us Remastered and MLB: The Show 19. Both games are available to download until November 4.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There isn't a hyphen in the name. THERE ISN'T A HYPHEN IN THE NAME. OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP PUTTING THE HYPHEN IN THE NAME.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Ni-Oh scary like Bloodborne? I'm a giant wuss about these types of games. Definitely not playing Outlast.

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Is nioh easier than Bloodborne?
I wouldn't say so. It also didn't have the same pull in terms of worldbuilding that Bloodborne had. To me, at least. Which kinda made the whole thing feel like a slog. Still, worth trying out to see if it's something for you.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Niiice, two games I've been thinking about buying. Best month in a while for me

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Only bought outlast a couple months ago. Drat. Nioh has been on my "to play" list since it came out. So I'm happy about that one.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another month, another games i already own. I should stop buying so many games

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Ah nothing for me this month, literally just played Ni-oh this month (it's great) and thought outlast 1 was kinda shit

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Nioh is a fantatic game that everyone should play and Outlast 1 was great but I never got around to the sequel. Thumbs up for high quality content.

Gxgear

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
The selection has been strong ever since PS3/Vita was dropped. Would have preferred more indie games personally, but getting Ni-Oh digitally and not having to grab my physical copy is quite alright.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I expected Nioh at some point. Guess it's decent timing with the beta starting on Friday.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Nice month for those who don't own Nioh. I bought it this year but didn't get very far. Game didn't exactly grab me. The level based structure is weird.

Byakura

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Damn that's great month. Two games I actually don't own and are interested in, that hasn't happened in a while lol

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Nioh is such an extraordinary game. Everybody should pick it up right away.

One of the best games of this generation and, dare I say, one of the best games I have played, period.

It makes me so happy that fresh eyes will get to experience that game. I'll probably create a character to help people out in Coop and to farm some freshly grown revenants, heheh.

Is nioh easier than Bloodborne?

Yes and no.

It starts very difficult, and the skill floor and ceiling are higher, but unlike the From games, gear makes a huge difference, and gear is a pretty big deal in Nioh (it's quite similar to Diablo, actually).

So eventually you'll become so powerful thanks to gear that the second half of the game can feel actually too easy if you build your character right, whereas Bloodborne stays difficult throughout and other than your weapon, gear is inconsequential.

Both have a bunch of optional bosses that can be murderously difficult, but I don't think anything in Nioh is as difficult as some of the Defiled Chalice dungeon bosses, at least not in Way of the Samurai (the equivalent to NG in Nioh).