• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Well not what i call a juicy offer but since i didn't play XCOM series it's alright

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Great month, can't wait. Both games I've wanted to play but never bit the bullet on.

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably the first time in a few years it's been a game I wanted that I didn't already own.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been hovering over the Buy button of Mario/Rabbids for a while. Guess I'll hold off on that and see if I like that style of game first with XCOM.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't love playing SRPGs on non-handheld consoles, but XCOM 2 is too good, man.

I've been hovering over the Buy button of Mario/Rabbids for a while. Guess I'll hold off on that and see if I like that style of game first with XCOM.

I don't know if XCOM 2 is quite analogous in style of gameplay; it is based more on having the right team and staying in cover than M+R, which is very much based on movement. You're rewarded more in M+R for breaking cover to make a bold attacking move across the map; XCOM rewards, IMO, more conservative play.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
YES. XCOM 2.

It's been years since PS+ has had a game I'm really interested in, been tempted to purchase it so many times now. What a score. This is way better than Witcher 3 hehehe

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll try Xcom 2 since I've enjoyed Mario + Rabbids but I'm not expecting much based off of what I've heard, just doesn't seem like my type of game generally. M + R the exception rather than the norm.

If that's the case then it's a boring month for me.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So that's two PS4 games I own, oh well. They're both great though.

wasn´t Xcom 2 completely buggy on PS4?

Base campaign is fully playable, the framerate can drop sometimes and the loading times can be, uh, long, but other than that no major issues.

How much DLC is there for Xcom2? I assume this is the base game.

There are smaller DLC's like Alien Rulers, they're fun if you're into the main game, but they don't add that much of new content so they're not worth it at full price. The big War of the Chosen expansion is horrible on the consoles (little less horrible on the Pro) due to heavy bugs and performance issues.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Oh nice always wanted XCOM 2, and Trials Fusion can be a good distraction. Great month!

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Wow XCOM2? This is really huge. It has never gotten absurdly cheap before given for free like other PS+ games. Great month!

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
XCOM 2 not bad, I wonder how this runs on the console version assuming this wont have War of the Chosen?

Already have trails on my PS4.

MunkyMan33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does trials still have real money for costumes and such? Man, that turned me off when this first came out after playing the crap out of the 360 one.