• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
A big perk of the PS3 game was that it had a neat 4 player co-op mode...

Which was missing from the PS4 remaster. Really wish they found a way to include it or a split-screen mode.
Oh damn, that's a shame. I knew they took out some online multiplayer, but not the co-op, which makes perfect sense. Weird that this has LESS features than the PS3 version.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Well? Nice!

If that was known I was out of the loop but that is a cool get.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Nour: Play With Your Food will be a nice little distraction. Might check out Dave the Diver as well. Definitely the month of "new games at launch," maybe it's a sign of things to come.

I'm trying to think if I even heard of Animal Well. Was it part of a Nintendo Indies presentation?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Why cant it be the ps2 version of the alone in the dark game? Sony fix ur ps2 emulator already ffs

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Well, it's 12:00 here, Medievil is out and I still have the 9.99€ price tag despite owning the game on PS3.
Anyone else?
Was someone able to redeem it for free?

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's 12:00 here, Medievil is out and I still have the 9.99€ price tag despite owning the game on PS3.
Anyone else?
Was someone able to redeem it for free?

The upgrade is listed incorrectly at the moment, so it won't show up as free (at least for the UK store, and likely other European stores).

Perhaps it gets fixed later when America wakes up, otherwise it likely be at least 24+ hours.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Damn, I didn't expect all those FF games to leave. Naive I guess. Nothing is sacred!

Guess I'll get started on Elex, only one on the list I really wanted to play, other than replaying the old FF games some day.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/PlaystationSize/status/1780166892474249246/

That's a lot of games I've put off playing. :(

Time to play Minit, Pedro, Observation & Last Stop asap.

EDIT: And Messenger too. Oh dear.

I have all of those plus Adrift, I Am Dead, Jotun, The Artful Escape and specially Ashen...and just when I was starting to dig into my backlog :(

At least in a month time all these games will be gone and forgotten.

Btw, is there an easy way to know if I already got any of these games through the monthly ps+ games?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Bummer at all the FF games leaving. Though they tend to go on sale every few months, so they get cheap.

Least stuff like Artful Escape, Abzu, Minit, & I Am Dead are rather quick titles.

Last edited:

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Is Alone in the Dark the New Nightmare not available in Germany? Can't seem to find it in the mobile app.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Geez there's absolutely nothing i'm interested in for both basic and extra this month.

Going to let it lapse this September and maybe swap to the Japanese sub if i ever decide to go back.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Is Alone in the Dark the New Nightmare not available in Germany? Can't seem to find it in the mobile app.

Try:

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (2001)

Kehre in dieser Emulation des PS®-Survival-Horror-Klassikers nach Shadow Island zurück, erstmals auf PS5® spielbar. Von dem Augenblick an, in dem Edward Carnby und Aline Cedrac ihren Fuß auf Shadow Island setzen, werden sie von rätselhaften, bösartigen Kreaturen verfolgt, die sie davon abhalten...

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Try:

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (2001)

Kehre in dieser Emulation des PS®-Survival-Horror-Klassikers nach Shadow Island zurück, erstmals auf PS5® spielbar. Von dem Augenblick an, in dem Edward Carnby und Aline Cedrac ihren Fuß auf Shadow Island setzen, werden sie von rätselhaften, bösartigen Kreaturen verfolgt, die sie davon abhalten...
That didn't work, but I got home and was able to find it on my PS5.

Thanks anyway, though 🙏

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna download Dave, Deliver us Mars and Miasma Chronicles. Plus of course Zau next week.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's a lot of games leaving that I'll need to play. I won't have time to play any FF games. I'm hoping they'll be added back later but that doesn't happen often with PS+.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Wish there was more stink made about making sure that it's more visible when games expire rather than a a month before. Haven't started any of the FF's because it felt like they were a safer bet. Luckily I own most of then elsewhere and not going to double dip as they are probably going to come back at some point.

Honestly the only reason I pay for this is for the classic games. Really wish there was a seperate classic games tier and I would get shot of all this.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
Is rebel assault II up in NA yet?

Sucks that it appears not to have trophies. I hope they just haven't updated yet.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Is rebel assault II up in NA yet?

Sucks that it appears not to have trophies. I hope they just haven't updated yet.

STAR WARS Rebel Assault II - The Hidden Empire

Custom PlayStation® Edition

Speaking of trophies, I see the Medievil ones & no joke, about 90% of them are the same as the remake. There's just a few that're different or have altered conditions (i.e. collect 2,500 coins instead of the remakes 10,000).

Soulful Crow

Oct 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
Do I require PS Plus to download game patches and play F2P games? I plan on getting a PS5 soon, but don't wanna spend $80 for cloud saves or to play online for non F2P games.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I can recommend everyone to play Minit before it leaves. An ultra condensed Legend of Zelda, instead of a sprawling map, you'll only have one minute to complete your next objective, or relocate to a new spawn point.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
PS+ game #7: Nour: Play With Your Food

Boy, this was....possibly the most underwhelming, "this was NOT aimed at me" PS+ title I played. Had I spent $15 on this, I would've been even more disappointed. It feels like they took some of the little toy mini-games from a WarioWare title like Twisted & made a whole game based off them. But there's just really not much to do & not a lot of variety.

It's not helped that the legit way to get the platinum turns what is a game that lasts 10ish minutes (as you basically unlock every stage as soon as you start & leave) into HOURS of waiting for a random jellyfish to pop up, grab a food, & hoping you have a means of tracking down which of the 148 items you've collected so far. Had I not found an exploit, I wouldn't have bothered, & based on the 0.1% of people who have the platinum, it's clear almost everyone didn't.

Man, I know there's people who will dig what this game is going for, will mess with the photo mode to make everything look perfect, or maybe kids would just have fun seeing all the food fly around, but I just did not have any fun with this.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Started Aveum, and it isn't grabbing me at all so far.

I can handle janky inconsistent framerates just fine and they rarely ever bother me in third person games - over 50 hours in Dragon Dogma 2 and 100 hour in Rebirth's performance mode attest to that - but the framerate here is fucking with me something fierce. Your FPS game has to be a locked 60fps if possible or a locked 30fps if it isn't imo, or it's going to feel like absolute shit when swinging the camera around, and it definitely feels like that here. When chasing Luna through town with no combat was the worst possible way to start the game, with the juddery framerate making me feel legitimately nauseous and gave me a really uncomfortable feeling in my eyes.

Also the characters are already annoying me this early on, so that's not a great start.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I love me some subscription metroidvania, I'll check that one out. Will be one of my last ps plus games for a long time.
Right now I'm with Sifu and it's kicking my ass, not sure if I really like the combat system yet but it seems it has a good progression system for a game in this style and it sure looks good in motion.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Started Aveum, and it isn't grabbing me at all so far.

I can handle janky inconsistent framerates just fine and they rarely ever bother me in third person games - over 50 hours in Dragon Dogma 2 and 100 hour in Rebirth's performance mode attest to that - but the framerate here is fucking with me something fierce. Your FPS game has to be a locked 60fps if possible or a locked 30fps if it isn't imo, or it's going to feel like absolute shit when swinging the camera around, and it definitely feels like that here. When chasing Luna through town with no combat was the worst possible way to start the game, with the juddery framerate making me feel legitimately nauseous and gave me a really uncomfortable feeling in my eyes.

Also the characters are already annoying me this early on, so that's not a great start.
I played a bit of it. The lore is kind of interesting, not sure if the story will go anywhere. Honestly, I was kind of surprised by how much I liked it.

It almost seems like the game is a test bed for updates and new features (rumors of an FSR3 update for it, etc), and I wonder what it will be like on PS5 Pro.

I tried the demo on PC, and the performance is even worse. Even basic panning the camera around is jittery and it just doesn't feel smooth at all.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
FYI if you wanna earn a free month of Premium, Tekken 8 on PS5 has daily online tournaments, and sometimes the first prize is a free sub.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
The Ps2 version is the worst version, they did you a favor

It's frustrating. It's one of those "undefinitive edition" games where there's pros and cons to every version with no perfect one. The PS2 added additional effects and lip sync, but is worse in every other way. The PS1 version has the oldest graphics, but I believe shockingly has the best audio from what I hear.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Nour has so far disappointed. Instead of "play with your food" it has been more "get frustrated with the controls". And then there are even rhythm elements too it...