• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
I was PS4 gamer all of last gen but I Switched over to Xbox Series X this gen due to GamePass, backwards compatibility and so I could catch up on the Xbox One exclusives I missed. I sold my PS4 Pro to help finance the purchase.

My PS Plus subscription is still active though and using the Web Interface I'm able to redeem games (i.e. Control Ultimate Edition and Destructoin All-Stars this month). It will expire soon though but I'm wondering if it would be worth continuing the subscription just to keep adding games to my library for when I actually do get a PS5 which probably won't happen for a few years.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
If you don't mind playing multiplat games on the PS5, and your taste is varied, then I definitely think it's worth it.

That said, it's still a gamble so ultimately it's up to you.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on whether the games you redeem that you are WANTING to play are worth more than the price you pay for the yearly PS Plus sub. Most likely they will be, as it may only take 1-4 games over the course of the year to make it worth your while.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If you can get it for a good price, sure. You can start building up your PS5 library.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
I wouldn't pay full price for it, but you can find it at a decent discount I'd say it's worth to build up a collection of games as long as you know you eventually will have a PS5.

Oct 27, 2017
If you keep an eye out you can usually find a year for 30ish usd. For that price you'll probably be able to pick up a few ps4 and ps5 games you'll be interested in, but it depends on your tastes.

Deleted member 18515

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By the time you get a PS5 it's likely the games given with the subscription will be on sale frequently and for cheap. If you know you're going to want every game that comes out on PS+ it might be worth it, but if you're like me and only care every now and again, it's not going to be worth your money.

Ejsponge61

Sep 19, 2020
I say definitely sub now. All PS4 games you claim over the next few years will work on PS4 and the PS5 games you claim will give you plenty to play on PS5 once you do get one. And even if you aren't getting a PS5 yourself anytime soon, if you have a friend or family member who does, I'd try logging on there to claim the games in the PS Plus collection as well, that's about a dozen games right there.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I was able to get my last couple years for $30. At that price it's probably worth it to lock in the free games.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
at $30 a year you are looking at $2.50 a month. All you need is 1 or 2 games you will play in the next 12 months and it is paying for itself.

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
If it was one year, I'd say it's probably worth it with a discount. But since you seem to think it'll be 2+ years... I'd say let it lapse. Anything you really want to play that is multiplatform, you'll probably just play on the xbox. It's not worth paying the 80+ dollars (assuming discounts) for 2 years just to add to your backlog. If you actually did play a couple games, they'd probably cost 20ish at that point on sale, so you'd have to play several just to break even.

soul

Oct 27, 2017
I actually have PS Plus redeemed until 2026, and I will most likely not get a PS5 until at least 2023. I will keep redeeming games and then enjoy them once I finally have the cool kid's box (I'll think about getting it before if a specific game catches my eye, as did HZD which was my trigger to buying a PS4).

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worth it. Keep it active so you can collect all the monthly games.

CDKeys has had them around and under $30 for several months now.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Might be worth just picking months that interest you and waiting for PS+ sales and then grab 12 months closer to when you get a PS5, you can usually get a pretty good price around Black Friday.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Wait and see what games are out for ps plus and if you want what they're offering before thinking about resubbing a whole year.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I think Plus kinda sucks but it's also been on sale for less than $30 with increasing regularity.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
No. A lot of games end up super cheap during the year end sales and many will end up on gamepass or gold. 95% of the time plus games are mediocre and all you'll be doing is spending money to create a backlog of games you'll likely never play.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Man if its few years away you'd be paying too much for games that could potentially be bad.

I say wait until then, most of the PS+ games will definitely go down in price. When you buy the PS5 simply select and buy what you want that is the better approach tbh

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Just keep an eye out on the monthly games and renew it when something you really want comes up. No reason to do it ahead of time, and you should be able to get it for ~$30 pretty much whenever