• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: As the thread keeps being bumped, I am amending the op as I was actually late here.
Please go to
https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-friday-2017-week-long-playstation-deals-revealed.5282/

Apparently this year Sony is dropping prices for the whole week...

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/10/black-friday-2017-week-long-playstation-deals-revealed/

Nov-10-Black-Friday-lead-image-755x425.jpg

We're celebrating Black Friday early and for an entire week this year in the U.S., starting on November 19 through Cyber Monday on November 27, at participating retailers while supplies last.

First up, all PlayStation VR bundles will be available at a great deal at participating retailers. This includes the recently announced PlayStation VR Gran Turismo Sport Bundle at $299.99 USD (MSRP) and PlayStation VR Skyrim VR Bundle at $349.99 USD (MSRP).

Basically

- 1TB PS4 Slim $199.99
- GT VR bundle (headset only+ GTS) $299.99
- Skyrim VR bundle $349.99 (Headset, 2 move controllers, camera, Skyrim VR, VR worlds)
- DS4 controllers $39.99 including translucents
- PSN deals up to 40% off for PS plus members, and more around the Black Friday week end

It is to be noted that on Black Friday (now in many cases Black Thursday), many retailers will sweeten the deal, like Kohl's and their $60 gift card.

I was myself hoping for a PS4 Pro deal (maybe in December?) but the $299 PSVR finally puts it in my window of "might buy".

Fakedit: this story is from Nov 10, but didn't see any thread about it. I thought a Week long (including Cyber Monday) deal was pretty noteworthy, specially for SalesEra.

I did a search about it and didn't see anything, but Discount me if old. :)

Last edited:

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for some plus deal in EU. If not in November than around PSX.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Does the PSVR bundle include the system? And also will their be a PS4 pro bundle? If a pro bundle is launched i'll have to bite.

tryceup

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember but does the newer PS4 (not pro) have the better Ethernet card? One of the reasons I don't play my PS4 much anymore is how effing long it takes to download something on it.

xICHIGOx

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember but does the newer PS4 (not pro) have the better Ethernet card? One of the reasons I don't play my PS4 much anymore is how effing long it takes to download something on it.
You're confusing the WiFi chip, the ethernet port is perfect in every model (gigabit for every ps4).

Oct 27, 2017
Wait so I can grab the $40 transparent controller on 11/19 and not have to risk it on Black Friday ?

Nice. Gonna pick up blue and red

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
They're definitely going to sell a lot of PS4s and PS VRs. And $200 for a slim PS4 with 1TB HDD is a really great deal.

Chauncy Talon

Nov 5, 2017
I was looking forward to VR being around $200-250. I'll wait when the product is obsolete, or I can find it for a steal.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Give me dem PSN discounts !

There's a few digital only games I'm eyeing which I hope get discounted.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a really weird time to decide to not promote the PS4 Pro, no? I would've thought a price drop/sale was an absolutely certainty to combat the launch of the Xbox One X.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping the PSN has some killer deals. Managed to snag some great deals on the Kingdom Hearts games, a few days ago. Now for other games that have yet to go on sale.

Nov 1, 2017
Sony not even doing a small discount on the Pro when the Xbox One X is going to potentially do gangbusters over the holiday is silly.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Sony not even doing a small discount on the Pro when the Xbox One X is going to potentially do gangbusters over the holiday is silly.

I don't know, it took several days for our store to sell out of it's initial stock of XB1s when we only received a handful. New consoles are usually sold out in minutes... They are selling the system to the hardcore fanbase only (even more linear of an audience than the pro) and at $500, where their base system will be sold at $300 less at the same time...

I just want a Pro deal dammit....

Nov 1, 2017
I don't know, it took several days for our store to sell out of it's initial stock of XB1s when we only received a handful. New consoles are usually sold out in minutes... They are selling the system to the hardcore fanbase only (even more linear of an audience than the pro) and at $500, where their base system will be sold at $300 less at the same time...
Taking even $50 off the Pro or making a strong holiday bundle with digital games seems like a no brainer to me but maybe Sony feels that the Xbox One X interest will pass. I think being less aggressive will cost them eventually but I'm just another armchair asshole on the internet, lol.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
That is a great price for the PS4 slim.

Everyone I know has a PS4 though. But obviously there are people who don't because it keeps selling. I expect Sony to have a very merry christmas...

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Taking even $50 off the Pro or making a strong holiday bundle with digital games seems like a no brainer to me but maybe Sony feels that the Xbox One X interest will pass. I think being less aggressive will cost them eventually but I'm just another armchair asshole on the internet, lol.

Hey, I'm on of those idiots waiting for a Pro deal, so I'm guilty as charged. I just don't think Sony is worried about the initial hype a new console launch brings. No doubt MS will sell a ton of XB1S's over the holidays, but there is nothing they can do to change that when they are already $100 less even though the XB1S is the more powerful system.

If we get no Pro deal now, I'll be hoping that Best Buys outs out a nice Samsung or Sony 4k TV/Pro bundle during income tax season.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 is going to crush it this holiday season for sure. I was hoping to catch a deal on the pro, doesn't seem likely though.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
This is totally anecdotal, but when I worked at Best Buy earlier in the year during the Days of Play event, we sold out of PS4s and all the first-party games they had put on sale during that time. These deals seem super effective.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why everyone expects a Sony price drop on the PS4 pro. Clear indication it's selling well at current price. If Xbox one X carries momentum after the initial launch period they may alter there stance but dont see why they would right now. Haven't they got like double the userbase?lol

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Mark me down as another one that was hoping for a Pro price drop. Ah well. I'll keep hoping my ailing launch PS4 doesn't totally shit the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.