GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
I've had my Pulse Elites a little over a month and I'm getting the disconnection issues. The weird bit is it's never consistent. The first week or so was flawless, then I had one disconnect a session for three days in a row, then about two weeks without any problems, and finally only one disconnect this week so far. There's seemingly no rhyme or reason as to why it disconnects one day and not the other under the exact same conditions.

Quickly removing the Link adapter isn't a huge thing (as long as you're playing a game you can pause...) but I really hope they can patch the problem. I can't be arsed going through the returns process with Amazon (I think I might have just passed the threshold anyway), and I genuinely like the headset apart from the one glaring issue that they really should not have allowed to happen. I don't remember ever having a problem like this with the Pulse 3Ds.

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
I found that doing a complete reset of the headset and the adapter helps. I read that interference can cause the disconnects and upon reset, it tries to find the least congested channel to connect. Since resetting, I've not had a disconnect. Though it will get wonky if I transfer to and from discord, but that may be a discord problem.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I found that doing a complete reset of the headset and the adapter helps. I read that interference can cause the disconnects and upon reset, it tries to find the least congested channel to connect. Since resetting, I've not had a disconnect. Though it will get wonky if I transfer to and from discord, but that may be a discord problem.
How do you reset? I have disconnects still so maybe I need to do this

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
How do you reset? I have disconnects still so maybe I need to do this
  1. Make sure your device with the USB-A port is on, such as your PlayStation®5 console or PC/Mac.
  2. Insert your USB adapter into the USB-A port on your device.
  3. Press and hold the PS Link button on your USB adapter for 30 seconds.
The PS Link button is not a "button" as in it doesn't actually press in or look like one. It's there but you just put your finger on it and apply pressure.

You can find the instructions here:

How to troubleshoot your PULSE Elite wireless headset

Find out how to reset your PULSE Elite™ wireless headset and other troubleshooting steps.

I reset the headset first and left it powered off. I then reset the USB adapter next. Once the reset was done, I powered on the headset and paired them.

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
This headset is such a piece of garbage.
Holy fucking Christ.

I wrote about the headset two times already and how the audio quality is just awful on high volume.

Here:
www.resetera.com

PlayStation Pulse Elite headset ($149) and Pulse Explore earbuds ($199) detailed. Lossless audio and AI-enhanced mics across PlayStation, PC and Mac.

I stick with my opinion here (That isn't much opinion anyway but legit problems which are there) but today this opinion got even worse after trying to play a bit of Clone Hero on my PC with it. That headset sound quality is actually garbage. Holy hell on max volume it is a pure scratch and...

And in the meantime the PS5 connection problems never got fixed. Random disconnects in the middle of playing something. Ui elements just disappearing and not showing anymore like the volume stuff and being able to use it in the quick menu at all until it randomly pops up minutes later while you play.

And today this happened.

HzkpUM.jpeg

HzkOZQ.jpeg

HzkHma.jpeg

Completely normal usage. Nobody stepped on it, nobody let it fall, nothing. Just noticed this after playing with some friends and taking it off, out of literally nothing.

You know why this happened tho? Look at the other side, because this area seems to be an incredibly weak spot only held together by the thin white plastic frame, and it seems normally taking it on and off can make this happen.

Hzklue.jpeg

It's the worst Sony product I've ever bought.

Johnny Blaze

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
DE
Oh snap (sorry)

I had a similar issue with the Sony Inzone 7 version. First issue: the padding just fell off. Warranty fixed. Second issue: something broke inside. Amazon was like "yeah no here's your money back"

Guess I'll steer clear from Sony gaming headphones as also my ps4 gold headset broke in half eventually.

Was interested in the explore but those seem also to be lacking for the price…shame.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
I can't connect this anymore to my PS5 with the dongle. It connects flawlessly to the PS Portal, but I tried so many things and can't have it connect to the console anymore (which I wanted to do to get better sound & Tempest engine 3D).

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Other than the odd disconnect my Elite is still working great, and I do love it. Shame to hear others having issues, and I do wish the disconnects would be patched (assuming they even can be)

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Had these nearly 2 months. Can't complain, no issues what-so-ever. I use them during work calls, but forget i have them still connected to my phone for my GT7 Endurance racing.

Shame that some people are having issues, maybe the disconnects could be patched.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Data from my friend who owns a pair is that it disconnects every time he's playing something. I hear it happen.

Wish they had learned how to make a durable pair that doesn't crack, they have been out for less then 3 months, it's embarrassing

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Using the front usb port is what helped me with the disconnect issues, but honestly that's a terrible solution. These headsets should not be having these quality control issues.

And yeah the disconnect issues are extremely annoying, in some cases you lose the UI, and turning off the headset won't fix it, you need to disconnect the usb adapter.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry that happened to you. I had a gold headset years back and it didn't even last a few months before the hinges snapped on one side and had to use Gorilla tape to keep it together.

Darvan

Oct 27, 2017
Nevada
I have a question has anyone with disconnect issues contacted Sony and sent them back for RMA and still has connect issues? I have both the explorer and the elite pulse and I experience disconnects with both so I'm wondering if it's a firmware issue

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question has anyone with disconnect issues contacted Sony and sent them back for RMA and still has connect issues? I have both the explorer and the elite pulse and I experience disconnects with both so I'm wondering if it's a firmware issue

Nothing yet, sometime everything fine for a week, then it disconnect 3-4 times at same night. I hope this is a firmware issue and they will patch it.

Darvan

Oct 27, 2017
Nevada
It's a bit worrying and frustrating that Sony hans't even slightly acknowledged it
I agree then again when the explorers first came out tons of us where having issues like disconnect when the battery dropped one level etc. Sony didn't say a word then a firmware update and patch was released hell I question where they even look to see if there's issues cause Twitter and Reddit has tons of people posting.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't use these with the dongle. It pairs with the headset, but nor the PS5 nor my macbook see it in USB. The PS5 just doesn't detect that the adapter is plugged. Anyone had this ?
I tried to reset everything several times

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
This headset is such a piece of garbage.
Holy fucking Christ.

I wrote about the headset two times already and how the audio quality is just awful on high volume.

Here:
www.resetera.com

PlayStation Pulse Elite headset ($149) and Pulse Explore earbuds ($199) detailed. Lossless audio and AI-enhanced mics across PlayStation, PC and Mac.

I stick with my opinion here (That isn't much opinion anyway but legit problems which are there) but today this opinion got even worse after trying to play a bit of Clone Hero on my PC with it. That headset sound quality is actually garbage. Holy hell on max volume it is a pure scratch and...

And in the meantime the PS5 connection problems never got fixed. Random disconnects in the middle of playing something. Ui elements just disappearing and not showing anymore like the volume stuff and being able to use it in the quick menu at all until it randomly pops up minutes later while you play.

And today this happened.

HzkpUM.jpeg

HzkOZQ.jpeg

HzkHma.jpeg

Completely normal usage. Nobody stepped on it, nobody let it fall, nothing. Just noticed this after playing with some friends and taking it off, out of literally nothing.

You know why this happened tho? Look at the other side, because this area seems to be an incredibly weak spot only held together by the thin white plastic frame, and it seems normally taking it on and off can make this happen.

Hzklue.jpeg

It's the worst Sony product I've ever bought.
Also, that padding will probably start flaking off. It happened to my PS4 Gold headset. I will never buy any of their console headphones again.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Also, that padding will probably start flaking off. It happened to my PS4 Gold headset. I will never buy any of their console headphones again.
My PS4 Gold also lost all the padding, but I haven't had any problems with the PS5 headset yet (the first ones, not the Elite). I sweat a lot and I used them for many hours.