• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Deep dives" seems more likely for games we know are coming. Probably Horizon, Ratchet and Returnal. I don't know what big third parties are coming over the next 6 months?

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
I'm really hoping for (and prepared to be let down by) the following.
  • The Last of Us 2 - update for ps5 plus demo of MP
  • FF7R - update for ps5
  • FF16 - new demo and release date late '22
  • KoF15 - reveal and demo of new team
  • PS+ titles for March - hoping Disco Elysium makes the cut
  • Half Life Alyx - psvr version
  • Astrobot - full new game with coop and future psvr support
  • Ps5 feature update - folders and timetable for better 3d audio profiles as well as a demo to enable you to pick a profile better.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
So, uh, question, what are we going to do if Hogwarts Legacy is shown off in this presentation?

They said third party games shown in the June PS5 presentation, and Hogwarts wasn't until September, so its doubtful, but given all the issues surrounding the game, are we going to just ignore it as part of the SoP? Or are we going to blame Sony for continuing to help market the game and turn the presentation off?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
No first party means this would almost surely be disappointing. I need to see what the PS5 can do after DeS.

Jan 20, 2019
So, uh, question, what are we going to do if Hogwarts Legacy is shown off in this presentation?

They said third party games shown in the June PS5 presentation, and Hogwarts wasn't until September, so its doubtful, but given all the issues surrounding the game, are we going to just ignore it as part of the SoP? Or are we going to blame Sony for continuing to help market the game and turn the presentation off?

The game was dealyed, it is not going to show up at this SOP.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Honest question? Was there ever a big announcement in this states of play? I think i remember one big but i cant recall what it was.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is going to hype themselves up for nothing again. Lol.

Nov 21, 2017

Doubtful considering Hogwarts like you said showed up in September not June. Also the game was already delayed to 2022.

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
Looking forward to seeing more on Returnal, that's a good candidate for a deep dive.

Think I already know what to expect from Ratchet and Horizon, but seeing how Horizon will look on PS5 will be cool.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017

The mods clarified this in the hogwarts thread. You are allowed to react on it, as long as it isn't something like "this game will be great, suck it crybabies". No seperate thread will be made about what is shown /announced.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
I'm really hoping for (and prepared to be let down by) the following.
  • The Last of Us 2 - update for ps5 plus demo of MP
  • FF7R - update for ps5
  • FF16 - new demo and release date late '22
  • KoF15 - reveal and demo of new team
  • PS+ titles for March - hoping Disco Elysium makes the cut
  • Half Life Alyx - psvr version
  • Astrobot - full new game with coop and future psvr support
  • Ps5 feature update - folders and timetable for better 3d audio profiles as well as a demo to enable you to pick a profile better.
You really hope they announce the Psplus games tomorrow instead of today 😅?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
reading the description again for this show:
" Get ready for new game announcements and updates on some of the third-party and indie titles you last saw in June's PS5 showcase. "
They are separating between Third-Party and Indie games that we last saw in June, the Third-Party games that we last saw in that event and havent since are:
Ghostwire (unless if you count that short video with the dog being pet i guess lol)
Project Athia
GTAV Enhanced Edition
so at least one of these is definitely going to show up here, Sony got a lot of deals with Square Enix so I think it makes sense to maybe split Athia and FFXVI and have Athia in this one, while keeping FFXVI to their big showcase.

Honest question? Was there ever a big announcement in this states of play? I think i remember one big but i cant recall what it was.
Depends on what you define as big announcements:
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne got announced.
Final Fantasy VII Remake got rerevealed
The Last of Us Part 2 got a release date in it
Resident Evil 3 Remake got announced.

These are the biggest pieces of news from these thus far.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
You really hope they announce the Psplus games tomorrow instead of today 😅?
Wouldn't bother me waiting another day to find out as still can't play them until next week either way? Might also be a nice surprise if something like Disco Elysium made the cut.

Unless they've already made the announcement in which case ignore my tomfoolery.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The description of the Japanese stream states that there are 2 new game announcements by the way. So question is whether stuff like Final Fantasy VII Remake PS5 version counts in that.
www.youtube.com

[日本語] State of Play | 2021/2/26 | PlayStation

「State of Play」を日本時間2月26日(金)午前7時より放送いたします。番組は約30分を予定しており、PlayStation®5と PlayStation®4で発売予定の10タイトルを中心にご紹介します。ふたつの新作タイトルや、2020年6月に放送したPS5の映像イベント「The Future of ...
translated from DeePL:

We will be broadcasting "State of Play" on Friday, February 26, from 7:00 a.m. Japan time. The program will last approximately 30 minutes and will focus on the 10 titles scheduled to be released on PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4.

The program will feature the two new titles, as well as updates on titles from software manufacturers and indie developers that were unveiled at "The Future of Gaming," a PS5 video event broadcast in June 2020.

Please note that there will be no information on hardware or business updates in this broadcast. Please note that there will be no information on hardware or business updates in this broadcast. This broadcast will be about new titles scheduled to be released in the future.

This information is based on what was announced at State of Play. The titles to be sold may vary by country or region.
The trailer shown in this video is in English.
The software included in this video may contain scenes of violence and grotesque expressions.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't see them revealing new long awaited Elden Ring footage on a random SoP. They are surely saving that for a bigger podium.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The description of the Japanese stream states that there are 2 new game announcements by the way. So question is whether stuff like Final Fantasy VII Remake PS5 version counts in that.
www.youtube.com

[日本語] State of Play | 2021/2/26 | PlayStation

「State of Play」を日本時間2月26日(金)午前7時より放送いたします。番組は約30分を予定しており、PlayStation®5と PlayStation®4で発売予定の10タイトルを中心にご紹介します。ふたつの新作タイトルや、2020年6月に放送したPS5の映像イベント「The Future of ...
translated from DeePL:
Probably count. Could the other be Death Stranding PS5?

Nov 21, 2017
Has any developer or publisher given any hints about possibly being involved with this State of Play? I know this has happened in the past via likes and retweets on Twitter.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Not in this one, but in the future i think yes
Outside of era people doesnt seem to really care about she being a piece of shit

Nov 21, 2017
I bet LiS3 will likely be one of the two new game announcements. The question is are the highly rumored Death Stranding and FF7 Remake PS5 editions considered new game announcements.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Things I'd want to see:

TLOU2 PS5 edition + actions.
FF7 Remake PS5 edition
Death Stranding PS5 edition
Horizon Forbidden West Trailer/Gameplay
Ratchet, new trailer.
God of War trailer (doubtful)

Feel like we could see GTA 5 next gen trailer/release.

I know I mostly listed upgraded versions of Last gen games, but oh well. Seems possible for most to happen

Nov 21, 2017
TGS 2018
Why dont people read ? So many people talking about how september showcase games cant show up lol. It sayd INCLUDING indies and other games from june showcase, not including ONLY.

Dude I can read I just figured most of the games that were shown in June are likely to be shown off tomorrow compared to the September games considering many of the September games shown came out at launch or got delayed already.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
TGS 2018

Dude I can read I just figured most of the games that were shown in June are likely to be shown off tomorrow compared to the September games considering many of the September games shown came out at launch or got delayed already.

Your post clearly implied that game/s shown during september showcase doesnt have much chance at showing up, which is false. People are translating blog post however they like.