• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
blog.playstation.com

PlayStation Store: July 2022’s top downloads

Stray and F1 22 lead the pack

PS5 Games​

US/CanadaEU
1StrayF1 22
2Grand Theft Auto VStray
3NBA 2K22Grand Theft Auto V
4F1 22Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
5The QuarryNBA 2K22
6Star Wars Jedi: Fallen OrderAmong Us
7MLB The Show 22The Quarry
8ELDEN RINGFIFA 22
9Among UsFAR CRY 6
10Call of Duty: VanguardLEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
11Dead by DaylightELDEN RING
12LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker SagaDevil May Cry 5
13FAR CRY 6The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
14Resident Evil 3No Man's Sky
15No Man's SkyIt Takes Two
16Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six SiegeGran Turismo 7
17Mortal Kombat 11Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
18SifuDead by Daylight
19Ratchet & Clank: Rift ApartResident Evil Village
20WWE 2K22Jurassic World Evolution 2
*Naming of products may differ between regions
*Upgrades not included

PS4 Games​

US/CanadaEU
1StrayF1 22
2MinecraftMinecraft
3Grand Theft Auto VStray
4NBA 2K22Grand Theft Auto V
5Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder's RevengeNBA 2K22
6Gang BeastsFIFA 22
7CUPHEADThe Crew 2
8Red Dead Redemption 2EA Sports UFC 4
9The Crew 2Need for Speed Heat
10Need for Speed HeatRed Dead Redemption 2
11EA Sports UFC 4Among Us
12Batman: Arkham KnightCUPHEAD
13FIFA 22Gang Beasts
14MLB The Show 22The Forest
15The ForestStar Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
16God of WarTekken 7
17Among UsMarvel's Spider-Man
18F1 22Assassin's Creed Origins
19Star Wars Battlefront IIGod of War
20Dead by DaylightTom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Completely unsurprising Stray took the top spot. Fun little game, priced appropriately, and super viral. Good job, kitty.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I'm not sure if I'm more surprised GT7 dropped off the US list or that it's somehow still on the EU list. Also 2K doing so well in the EU is always a surprise considering how NBA focused it is with very little international stuff.

JMS

Jul 22, 2022
Top downloads does not necessary mean top sales right? So Stray being is mainly because it got downloaded from the PS subscription tiers?

also GTA V.. No wonder Rockstar is taking their sweet time.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Top downloads does not necessary mean top sales right? So Stray being is mainly because it got downloaded from the PS subscription tiers?

also GTA V.. No wonder Rockstar is taking their sweet time.

Doubt it. Otherwise you'd imagine there'd be a hell of a lot of F2P games on here. Fall Guys went free to play in July. If this was just 'any game downloaded' that'd be 100% at the top of both charts.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
They separated f2p charts.

You're right, didn't see that other chart.

Maybe PS+ games are included then? They do just say 'top downloads' and PSN totally considers any PS+ redemption of worthy of emailing you to tell you that you've got it on your account now. Maybe they include those.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
You're right, didn't see that other chart.

Maybe PS+ games are included then? They do just say 'top downloads' and PSN totally considers any PS+ redemption of worthy of emailing you to tell you that you've got it on your account now. Maybe they include those.
The Essential games are not included, because they are regularly at the top of the most downloaded section of the PS Store but not on these lists. Retail, Extra, and Premium are all fair game though.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
  • Miles Morales
  • Horizon Forbidden West
Not in the list and we know they are selling well. Are they games people bought physical mostly (like you buy the console and the game with it) ? It's weird no ?

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
So Dead By Daylight is doing well on console too. Game really took off a few years in, huh?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Man, GTAV is still in the top 5?!

There is always a new generation of gamers reaching the age where they want to play GTAV for the first time. People who are reaching adulthood this year were nine year old children when GTAV released.

Same with Mario Kart, Minecraft etc. They keep selling because the new generation still want to play them when they reach the right age and that overturn of consumers is a constant.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Any meaningful difference between F1 21 and F1 22 ? The former is on xbox gamepass but wondering if it's worth the purchase investment in 22

There's some extra fluff and a couple of new tracks. The main thing is the new regulations which changed some of the handling characteristics.
I'd say for most people it's not a must have. This feels like the last F1 game of the current mold, I suspect the next one will be a much bigger update.

I bought it because I've been obsessed with F1 for decades but for more casual fans I think 21 is more than good enough for now.