Votes: 12 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The vial system is BB's biggest flaw.

It's not surprising that they scrapped it for Sekiro.

Wonder if Bluepoint will just stick to what was in the original DeS or incorporate some free re-fills ala DS.

1 gift from Wingfan19

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Wingfan19 Wingfan19!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Wingfan19 said:
I had an extra code for Last of Us Part 2 standard edition, thought someone in this thread might want it that can't afford it right now.

These are our awesome prizes:

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Wow that's nice Wingfan19 !
I won't participate, already finished the game but that's super cool for someone who hasn't the game yet

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm not even sure how the PSN codes work, but are there actually region specific codes? I just put US cause I'm in the US, but can someone in Europe use the code as well?

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sshbXhn.jpg

Time to get sad all over again

I'm not even sure how the PSN codes work, but are there actually region specific codes? I just put US cause I'm in the US, but can someone in Europe use the code as well?
PSN codes are typically region locked, so it would only work on US accounts.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I meant adding them in addition to the grass system just so there are always some basic heals available.

Should be especially helpful for new players.

Yeah I could see that. Personally, the biggest thing for me would be getting rid of the item burden. Such a pointless feature.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Still really early in Part II, and I won't be able to play again until Friday. But I'm probably gonna marathon like 8-10 hours on the game Friday after work lol.

It really was great, I did like X/Y, probably more then many but it just wasn't the same as the DS era, though while I had some fun I do find Gen 7 the worse gen in the series so far. I still love the series and probably always will but many design choices in recent games (as well as the god awful online, Gen 6 actually had decent online but GF seems to have regressed 2 gens in a row in regards to online) I'm just not a fan of. I do miss all of what you said.

Really hoping we get Diamond/Pearl remakes one day, it's probably my #1 want from a future Pokemon title, I may be in the minority but I'd also love a Let's Go Jhoto as I really enjoyed Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee, not a huge Kanto fan but the game was very fun to play and the music/visuals I loved.

I would be okay with that haha
Yeah, I enjoyed X and Omega Ruby well enough. They were clearly a step down, but I still liked them.

I couldn't even beat Moon though. It was painfully boring and linear. I haven't even played the Switch games, because nothing I've seen of them was enough to reignite my interest after how abysmal gen 7 was.

KingK QueenVulpix The transition from Gen 4 > Gen 5 was such an amazing time to be a Pokemon fan.

From 2008-2012 we got Platinum > HeartGold/SoulSilver > Black/White > Black 2/White 2.
Also a few good spinoff games along the way.
It really was incredible lol.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
This is kind of part of why I'm mixed on the game. Ideas like the one you describe along with a few other things (I like the hunt for estus flasks in the game), are something I really enjoy. I find what they did with BB even more baffling to be honest with regards to the health system after playing DS2.

I can't stand the return of the DeS health system in BB (with the blood vials) and a lot of the time it just made playing the game a chore. I prefer the DS1 system, but I'm actually finding the DS2 system to be a good compromise between what DS1 had and what DeS and BB have.

The game has some good ideas, I just don't think it particularly executes well on all of them.

As for where I'm at, I just defeated the lost sinner.

Yeah, all valid points.

It's been so long since I played Demons Souls so I never made the comparison between it and BB but I see it now.

Around 1/3rd of the game you've been through so far!

Agreed!

Gen 4 normal remake, Let's Go Johto

Hopefully we hear something over the summer about a new game being made. I doubt there'll be a spin off game released this year unless Pokemon snap is further along in development then it seems and is a planned holiday release. Next fall is way too soon for a new gen and since SW/SH have DLC theres no need for a 2nd version so I imagine they'll have to announce sometime this year what game will be releasing next fall. Hopefully Gen 4 remakes with Lets Go Jhoto a 2022 release and gen 9 2023 release for a switch 2 launch or such.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
You're telling me health potions in DeS don't refill at rest too? That sucks
unfortunately not. DeS and BB's health system is nearly identical in that you have to farm for healing items.

I was more forgiving of it in DeS because it was From's first souls game, but I'm much less forgiving of it in BB frankly. DS1 was very much 2 steps forward and BB was 2 steps back for me.

The one thing I will say is that DeS has an extremely reliable farming spot for healing items where as, at least up till the point I reached in BB I found no such thing. It's also really early in the game in DeS. I hope it stays in the remake because it was extremely useful.

Even with that though, the idea of having only 2 or 3 attempts at a boss only for the game to be like "well you ran out of healing items, time to go get more" is fuckin bullshit.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I enjoyed X and Omega Ruby well enough. They were clearly a step down, but I still liked them.

I couldn't even beat Moon though. It was painfully boring and linear. I haven't even played the Switch games, because nothing I've seen of them was enough to reignite my interest after how abysmal gen 7 was.

I liked those 2, was sad they never brought back the Battle Frontier from emerald and the remakes felt lacking content but it was quite fun, though wish, just like the HG/SS did, that the classic sounds could be unlocked as an end game bonus and that followed pokemon returned.

Slayerfolyfe

Apr 30, 2018
unfortunately not. DeS and BB's health system is nearly identical in that you have to farm for healing items.

I was more forgiving of it in DeS because it was From's first souls game, but I'm much less forgiving of it in BB frankly. DS1 was very much 2 steps forward and BB was 2 steps back for me.

The one thing I will say is that DeS has an extremely reliable farming spot for healing items where as, at least up till the point I reached in BB I found no such thing. It's also really early in the game in DeS. I hope it stays in the remake because it was extremely useful.

Even with that though, the idea of having only 2 or 3 attempts at a boss only for the game to be like "well you ran out of healing items, time to go get more" is fuckin bullshit.
Well BB was my first souls game so you can imagine how frustrated I was in farming it. Atleast it had a merchant that sold those vials.
Glad DeS has an easy farming spot.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Just been playing Last of Us Part 2 and an enemy twigged my location due my flashlight being on.. "wait, who's light is that?!"

Has any other game ever done this? I was pleasantly surprised at the time!

I was amazed with a moment where an enemy broke a glass window before start shooting at me.
The amount of detail in this game is unparalleled.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of enhance instead and up grades I am more interesting in how the Dual Sense will be used in certain games.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Well BB was my first souls game so you can imagine how frustrated I was in farming it. Atleast it had a merchant that sold those vials.
Glad DeS has an easy farming spot.
They're much cheaper in Demon's Souls than in Bloodborne plus they don't increase in price so it is less and less of an issue the longer you play. It barely bothered me that you have to replenish them in DeS but in BB it was a pain at some points.

Slayerfolyfe

Apr 30, 2018
They're much cheaper in Demon's Souls than in Bloodborne plus they don't increase in price so it is less and less of an issue the longer you play. It barely bothered me that you have to replenish them in DeS but in BB it was a pain at some points.
That's good to hear.

How would you guys rank DeS among the other souls games?

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
That's good to hear.

How would you guys rank DeS among the other souls games?
so far, I've only really fully completed DeS and DS1, and I love both but I'd probably give a slight edge to DS1. DS1 has a lot of quality of life improvements and it has more of the style of boss fights I enjoyed from DeS.

I enjoyed DeS's gimmick fights but unfortunately the game is largely filled with gimmick bosses, and while I enjoyed them I prefer actual proper boss fights. The few that were in DeS were fantastic, and I think DS1 heavily leans in the direction of designing those style of bosses.

The one thing DeS has going for it over DS1 is imo it's a very atmospheric game. One of the worlds in particular I am dying to play on the remake, with the redone visuals, and the 3D audio.

DeS will always have a special place for me as it was my first souls game (even though I played it very recently), it's an absolutely fantastic game and one I'm extremely eager to play the remake and see others experience it for the first time, but I just lean ever so slightly in the direction of DS1 for now. I am very curious to see if BB or DS3 can manage to dethrone DS1 for me. The little I played of BB was incredible and I'm very much looking forward to getting back to it. DS3 looks excellent as well.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Instead of enhance instead and up grades I am more interesting in how the Dual Sense will be used in certain games.

I really hope Sony 1P studios really dig in into Dual Sense possibilities.
Im still kinda mad with how they managed what DS4 could offer ( touch + gyro ) and only used for some gimmicks at the beginning of the gen.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It makes me happy seeing that favorite game so far of 2020 being completely full of people saying Part II. It's a game that really sticks with you once you complete it.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
It makes me happy seeing that favorite game so far of 2020 being completely full of people saying Part II. It's a game that really sticks with you once you complete it.

I'm hoping to beat it by the weekend, if I had to guess I'd say I might be around the middle of the game. It's definitely made an impression on me so far.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Demon's Souls keeps it's health system in place. I like it more than Estus Flasks in Dark Souls. Also keep the weight management. It's really not that hard to give Stockpile Thomas all the shit you don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.