• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Name for OT 12

• |OT 12| Timed Exclusive until |OT 13|

Votes: 398 44.0%
  • |OT 12| Next Gen is Miles Morales Away

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • |OT12| Are We The Baddies?

Votes: 352 38.9%
  • |OT12| Is This Even Legal

Votes: 66 7.3%
  • |OT12| Anti-ConSony is great to me

Votes: 28 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Am I bugging or does Ghost have no kid NPCs in it? I'm in middle of Act II, but I haven't seen/noticed them.
I don't think there's a single one. There's a few side quests that contains teens / young adults searching for parents etc. We also have multiple side quests detailing "my child", I can recall two side quests that specifically had the goal of finding the children but you never see them straight on.

However, you see Jin as a child in like the third scene of the game :)

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
I don't think there's a single one. There's a few side quests that contains teens / young adults searching for parents etc. We also have multiple side quests detailing "my child", I can recall two side quests that specifically had the goal of finding the children but you never see them straight on.

However, you see Jin as a child in like the third scene of the game :)
Right I did a side quest mentioning a kid, but no kid. Very strange lol

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Who's ready for an announcement in the next 26 minutes for State of Play exactly one week from today (August 6th)?
PUT YOUR FUCKING HANDS UP!

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020

I'm guessing based on the way he has these lined up. He also removed "Early August" from his prior tweets on where SoP would fall.

I completely missed his changed wording here. Interesting! Could be that it's further back, or it could be that he just didn't want folks asking him a ton of questions about August while on vacation.

Time will tell, but I'm hoping for a SoP sooner rather than later!

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Hey I know there's a lot of excitement for the new State of Play, but I want to temper expectations and say what I believe will be shown.

You know how Sony already have groundbreaking games with icons such as Ellie, Aloy, Kratos and Sackboy. Well, to answer that, they also got a movie / comic book icon in Spider-Man. Well, what next?
Sony will fund, develop a mega big budget One Piece game to get a piece of the manga market. And to end the announcement, Luffy is fighting Spider-Man, Kratos and Shuhei Yoshida in Playstation All Stars 2 (Now called "when worlds collide"

There ya go, don't expect too much kids!

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Tease from Imran about Sony and third party deals

There's more, like they're holding onto some things that I'm really surprised they're really holding onto and I wouldn't be shocked if they showed them soon

at 1:17:27 if link doesn't work

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

I'm guessing based on the way he has these lined up. He also removed "Early August" from his prior tweets on where SoP would fall.

Someone else that's credible mentioned specifically that PlayStation would have their State of Play first and then Xbox would follow suit with their own showcase after. I'll try to find it but it specifically mentioned the August showcases.

EDIT: Here we go, it was Tom Phillips

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Someone else that's credible mentioned specifically that PlayStation would have their State of Play first and then Xbox would follow suit with their own showcase after. I'll try to find it but it specifically mentioned the August showcases.

EDIT: Here we go, it was Tom Phillips

12pDEWN.gif

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting that he has the Xbox event listed first. I would have though they would wait for Sony's answer before doing their follow up event.
I wouldn't look into that. He's done that a few times this summer where things switched, but that's only because he didn't know the exact day or just didn't bother to correct it until the information was out.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
It's weird that he's put them in the middle, rather than say at the start or end if he's not sure when they'll air. So maybe he does know and they still do fit within that time frame but I think MS was always expected to be towards the end and Sony more earlier. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it and it's just a whole load of nothing the positions.

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
I wouldn't look into that. He's done that a few times this summer where things switched, but that's only because he didn't know the exact day or just didn't bother to correct it until the information was out.
ah got ya. for some reason i thought he has always had them listed in reverse order until this latest update where he has Xbox first. But yeah, i still think its playstation first.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I don't know why they don't announce early, MS announced the date for the XGS Showcase more than 2 weeks before the event and it helped a lot with the hype.
I don't know how most people felt about that but I surely became annoyed that I had to wait so long when every Xbox news popped. I think my hype only kicked in 2-3 days before.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
ah got ya. for some reason i thought he has always had them listed in reverse order until this latest update where he has Xbox first. But yeah, i still think its playstation first.
Jeff didn't explicitly state anything either, so I would just take it as it says. Tom on the other hand is very reputable like Jeff and if he says Sony is striking back soon after, I trust it.

Plus, from Xbox's standpoint, it makes sense to wait until after Sony. Them doing events back to back kinda just takes the wind out of their own sails.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see Uncharted: Golden Abyss in that list.

You still have one Uncharted game to look forward to. I think Bend Studio did a great job with it considering the platform it was released on.
Don't own a vita though. I learned the game doesn't work on the PS TV either so no possible way to play it even if I owned it.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
They had a quarter of the viewers the PS5 event did. I don't think Sony is going to be taking tips from Xbox on how to generate hype.
The XGS showcase was less viewed than Inside Xbox IIRC. The hype was barely there. Don't think the timing of the announcement did much, if anything.
Well, I think it would be worse if they made an announcement closer to the event.
Anyway, Sony will probably announce it 4~5 days prior to the event.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know why they don't announce early, MS announced the date for the XGS Showcase more than 2 weeks before the event and it helped a lot with the hype.
They needed to announce early, almost 3 weeks before but like Primethius said, hype wasn't there and viewers count was disappointing

1 week early seems good for PlayStation, maybe an announcement next week for an event the week after

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
More interestingly Imran also says that Sony (and MS) have a "Oh shit I can't belive they are revealing that game" still to show. At 57:10.
So GoW 2 or the next UC?

Or Silent Hill?
GoW2 seems plausible. It's probably two years away. Reveal trailer this year and a gameplay presentation next summer.

Silent Hill is what I want if the rumors are true, and they seem to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.