• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And Sony has still some games to announce/show, the next event will be great!
After the leak, MS has to officially announce it now/tomorrow. PlayStation has the "VR Week" this week.
Imo next week would be perfect for another PS5 show, including the price / launch date reveal.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Pftttttt
That is nothing. In Portugal they will be way cheaper

Screenshot_3.png

Well I'd have to pass, physical till the end!

Gedi

Oct 29, 2017
I'm thinking pricing is going to be 499 and 429 for the DE. Possibly 399 but 349 seems like crazy fantasy talk.

At least with this Xbox leak we now have our strongest indicator of the full-fat PS5 price. It's what I was sensibly expecting but still at the top end of what I can afford on a new console. With a second DualSense that's going to be a £650+ outlay.
Hopefully there's a bundle similar to the Killzone one for PS4 which included a second controller and the camera.

Good job I just discovered my Gregory Horror Show (PS2) and Pikmin 2 (GC) sat in a box under the stairs are possibly worth £50+ each! Just sold Silent Hill 2 for £30 and I'm not sure I ever got round to playing it! Hopefully that money just gets spent on Silent Hill PS5 instead. 😁😆

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After the leak, MS has to officially announce it now/tomorrow. PlayStation has the "VR Week" this week.
Imo next week would be perfect for another PS5 show, including the price / launch date reveal.

also cod and ubisoft events this week.

next week is better, just like the xbox news originally were going to be announced next week but leaked...

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
so the plan is to buy a series s and gamepass for (300) and buy a ps5 physical for (500) so I'm covered for the next 7 years

does this sound like a good plan?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
The next week or ten will be painful as both prices will be compared so much and how much one will do damage to the other etc. There's going to be so much mental gymnastics going on.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah hope next week but I'm not sure
Sony won't announce any event this week

My guess would be an announcement next week for a event taking place the week after (Sept 21st - Sept 25th) but hope I'm wrong

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
I'm expecting

$399 PS5 DE
$499 PS5

I think there is just no reason for Sony to undercut the XSX and go $449 for the standard model. PS5 is the far more desired product with superior launch window games, and will sell out at $499. No reason to flush money down the sink.

$399 for the PS5 DE is also perfect. Much more value than XSS for only $100 more. It helps that people are used to the X1S being the cheapest model on the market, didn't harm Sony in the past and won't in the future, esp. since XSS is underpowered.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Longtime lurker here, and I just wanted to chime in on the possibility of the PS5 being $399:

It's probably a long shot, but Sony is also pretty strong in emerging markets where the PS4 became the default console because it was affordable (compared to Xbox One at that time), and because of regional pricing (especially on games). While they aren't as huge as the American market, I don't think Sony would price that PS5 out of their league, especially in light of them wanting people to migrate to the PS5 a lot sooner. $499 would be okay in the US/PAL/Japan, but it definitely won't sit well outside of those regions. I also don't think Sony is willing to initially put a high price on the PS5, only to give it a price cut a year later.

I can definitely see a $399 PS5, and perhaps a $299 DE (which would make some people here migrate to digital, but the majority would still choose the disc version because of our crappy internet)

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Wait, why people are expecting something for next week? Next week is the week that Microsoft should announce the prices officially. I can see them just confirming that the leaks are right and they will give more official details next week.

If Sony is really going to do something this month (which I doubt) it may be at TGS week.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Longtime lurker here, and I just wanted to chime in on the possibility of the PS5 being $399:

It's probably a long shot, but Sony is also pretty strong in emerging markets where the PS4 became the default console because it was affordable (compared to Xbox One at that time), and because of regional pricing (especially on games). While they aren't as huge as the American market, I don't think Sony would price that PS5 out of their league, especially in light of them wanting people to migrate to the PS5 a lot sooner. $499 would be okay in the US/PAL/Japan, but it definitely won't sit well outside of those regions. I also don't think Sony is willing to initially put a high price on the PS5, only to give it a price cut a year later.

I can definitely see a $399 PS5, and perhaps a $299 DE (which would make some people here migrate to digital, but the majority would still choose the disc version because of our crappy internet)
$299 is impossible. But yeah, because of all the other markets, I expect $449 and $399. Would be perfect.
A 10.28TF PS5, only without a disc-drive, for $299 isn't possible.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Series S is crazy value, but I wonder how successful it'll be. One S didn't really seem to do that much for MS, even with a disc drive.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia

Sony definitely won't price their DE the same price as Series S, because it's the more powerful console, by a quite a bit. I can still see $399 tho. Praying for $349 lol

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I know not for this thread but its funny

Lmao!

That is pretty funny. Great use of that meme if they're reacting to the price "leak."

I'm expecting both consoles to fall between the $500-$600 range. I only plan on getting a PS5, but if they manage $399, that's pretty great. I just can't really see them being that low. Maybe the Series X for sure, but the "main" consoles I can't seeing dropping in below $500. I mean, maybe $450, but who knows?

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The paper has lit MS confirmed Series S Price which means we will get MS and Sony finally saying lets do this...

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Well, if Ps5 releases 1 week after xbox, time is coming for a reveal. And if they were playing chicken, MS has shown its hand. So...next week?

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Well, if Ps5 releases 1 week after xbox, time is coming for a reveal. And if they were playing chicken, MS has shown its hand. So...next week?
Not really though, they haven't directly acknowledged the Series X price or even the date of release.... Please do it MS, stop this nonsense !

Status
Not open for further replies.