Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Guys I have a little problem, every time I try to take a screenshot I'm greeted with an error(CE-106873-5). Anyone know how to solve this or had the same issue?

EDIT: POTENTIALLY SOLVED

How to fix error code CE-106873-5 in PS5.

Believe it or not, the solution to this error is simpler than you imagine. A simple restart of the PS5 is enough to correct this error code, which will make the Share button work again.

Platinumed Astrobot, what an amazing little game. Asobi is legit.

1 gift from Queen Vulpix

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Nilou!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Nilou said:
To celebrate the PS5 now being officially released in both the US and Europe what better time then now to make another giveaway after so long? As always the giveaway is open to everyone regardless of region!

I'd like to thank @Figboy 's generosity for helping to make this giveaway possible.

These are our awesome prizes:

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Collected my PS5 earlier. Left it a few hours as had to finish work, but setting it up was a piece of cake. Set it up on WiFi, but plugged in the ethernet cable after the firmware updates. Like the notification on the app when a game is ready to be played after installing.

The UI is certainly clean, fast and impressive. Did play some Astro earlier, the haptic feedback is certainly a changer.

Lange

Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Collected my PS5 earlier. Left it a few hours as had to finish work, but setting it up was a piece of cake. Set it up on WiFi, but plugged in the ethernet cable after the firmware updates. Like the notification on the app when a game is ready to be played after installing.

The UI is certainly clean, fast and impressive. Did play some Astro earlier, the haptic feedback is certainly a changer.
Read your post with Goldblum's voice and it was pure class

Which game are you playing after Astro?

Nov 8, 2017
Wasn't the Borderlands 3 Ps5 Upgrade supposed to be free? Not that 0,29 cent hurt much, was just surprised
From the store page-
If you already own the PS4™ version of this game, you can get the PS5™ digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product.
And same with buying the digital edition of a cross-gen game like Sackboy. When I buy the game, why are you showing me the options to download the PS4 or PS5 version? Obviously I just want the PS5 version.
There has to be a better way to deal with this. I just hope they realize it's a problem that needs to be addressed.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
It's here :D
EnMWaP9WEAQEvCX
Not jealous at all.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Wrapped up the Miles Morales platinum last night so now I'm on to Bugsnax... I told my wife I would hold off on buying new games so she could get them for me as Christmas presents but I don't think I'm going to make it.

So now the question is... do I get Demon's Souls or AC: Valhalla next. I've never played a Souls game before so I'm a little afraid that I won't be able to get into Demon's Souls. I'm also a pretty big AC fan. On the other hand, from what I've read Valhalla seems buggy so if I wait a bit it might be a better experience.
You should get AC as a fan, but Demons Souls is the best game.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
This console is awesome having a really nice time with it early christmas for sure.
Astro's is so cool such a jolly vibe i'm going full in for plat trophy before diving into other games, excellent welcome package

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
All this talk about Astro and I shamefully haven't even tried it out yet, I need to change that. It looks so charming especially since I never got to play the original.

I blame this :D

image0.jpg

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PSN black friday sales happens how many days before the actual black friday?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Talking of Gameplay/dialogue sequence models, QD are, outside certain Sony's FP, peerless. Thanks be to their usage very precise SSS and well thought out directional lighting. Frankly, I have yet to see them be bested even on current gen platforms yet. They made some of most realistic looking and animating digital counterparts:

What I would not give to see a story driven game be powered by characters as phenomenal looking as these. I wonder how this runs on PS5.

More to come later.

And

Thank you kindly Figboy und Queen Vulpix for the latest Giveaway.

Feb 6, 2019
Talking of Gameplay/dialogue sequence models, QD are, outside certain Sony's FP, peerless. Thanks be to their usage very precise SSS and well thought out directional lighting. Frankly, I have yet to see them be bested even on current gen platforms yet. They made some of most realistic looking and animating digital counterparts:

What I would not give to see a story driven game be powered by characters as phenomenal looking as these. I wonder how this runs on PS5.

More to come later.

And

Thank you kindly Figboy und Queen Vulpix for the latest Giveaway.

It does look so good!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool thing happened last night when I turned my PS5 on. I got a pop-up notification on the home screen saying that somebody beat my Astro's Playroom time on one of the time trial levels. I pressed the PS button for more details and it showed me their time compared to mine, as well as how many people have attempted this level and my place in the leaderboard among friends. Keep in mind, the game wasn't open or anything. I then press play on this notification to try and beat the person that beat me, and the game boots directly into the time trial level within 7 or 8 seconds and I'm suddenly attempting to beat them.

Kind of a mind-blowing thing to me. Incredible integration of OS with games.

I ended up beating them by several seconds, btw.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
So I think most of us could agree that the lack of "Smart Delivery" is...unfortunate, right? Putting in the PS4 AC Valhalla disc and trying to figure out how to download the PS5 version was like a puzzle. And then, after having the PS5 version and having played it, I accidentally started installing the PS4 version and booting it up anyway just by clicking one of the activity cards that I wanted to check out! Like, if I'm on PS5, I don't need to EVER see the PS4 version of the game. You should know I'm on PS5 and automatically give me the PS5 version of the game unless I actively seek out the PS4 version on the store or in an activity card saying "Install the PS4 version from disc" or something. And same with buying the digital edition of a cross-gen game like Sackboy. When I buy the game, why are you showing me the options to download the PS4 or PS5 version? Obviously I just want the PS5 version. Don't overcomplicate things!
100% on this! This was one of my bigger frustrations Day 1. I saw this with Cold War, as that's the only Cross-Gen game I have right now.

I bet at some point we get a system setting to ignore the PS4 version of Cross-Gen games if you're actively playing on a PS5. Feels a bit buggy right now, and I'm sure they'll fix it. Definitely confusing though. For example, it's done some weird things like revert to the PS4 version from the App Launcher too, even though I've only ever played the PS5 version. Occasionally I will highlight Cold War and it says "Download"...and I'm left wondering why it would default to ask to download the PS4 version instead of just launching the version that is already downloaded on my console and I recently played.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Just got the platinum for Astro's Playroom. Blimey what an amazing little game that was, seeing all the Astrobots dressed up as iconic characters and remembering all of the accessories I've had over the years.

I'M YOUR GPUUUUUUU TELL ME WHAT TO DOOOOOO

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
100% on this! This was one of my bigger frustrations Day 1. I saw this with Cold War, as that's the only Cross-Gen game I have right now.

I bet at some point we get a system setting to ignore the PS4 version of Cross-Gen games if you're actively playing on a PS5. Feels a bit buggy right now, and I'm sure they'll fix it. Definitely confusing though. For example, it's done some weird things like revert to the PS4 version from the App Launcher too, even though I've only ever played the PS5 version. Occasionally I will highlight Cold War and it says "Download"...and I'm left wondering why it would default to ask to download the PS4 version instead of just launching the version that is already downloaded on my console and I recently played.
And if it's this obtuse for people like us, imagine for general consumers. I bet a lot of them are playing the PS4 version of these games and don't even realize it.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Astro's Playroom made me re-realize how much I want a Sony crossover

See everyone? If it has love put into it, from people that show they care, it'll be good.

Honestly just make Team Asobi its own dev team at this point, make it a seperate entity in the Worldwide studios. They're amazing

Macca

Oct 25, 2017

See everyone? If it has love put into it, from people that show they care, it'll be good.

Honestly just make Team Asobi its own dev team at this point, make it a seperate entity in the Worldwide studios. They're amazing

Considering Asobi's attention to deal and respect to the various franchises and characters in Astro's Playroom, I wouldn't be against them doing a PS All-Stars 2 tbh.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
What are the best uses of 3D Audio? I haven't even tried plugging headphones in yet because...I don't know. I just feel in my mind like 3D Audio is pure gimmick term and I won't notice the slightest difference. But I wouldn't mind trying it and maybe even be happily surprised.

But I do want to make sure it's a good use of it the first time I try it.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017

This needs to happen :(

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Should we be concerned with a PS GamePass equivalent? Jimbo seems to be hinting at some news in the near future.

WWS is renowned for high-quality/polished AAA SP games, however these take time.

In order to pump out enough content to keep a subscription approach viable, wouldn't that impact how Sony makes their AAA games?

Of course, this is assuming they stick to this bizarre "organic growth" perspective and not purchase numerous additional studios to increase WWS output.

My concern is when I look at other subscription centric games (like Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Halo Infinite and etc.), they are rarely ever launched in a polished and complete state.

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What are the best uses of 3D Audio? I haven't even tried plugging headphones in yet because...I don't know. I just feel in my mind like 3D Audio is pure gimmick term and I won't notice the slightest difference. But I wouldn't mind trying it and maybe even be happily surprised.

I doubt it's the "best" use considering it's a PS4 game but I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima with the 3D audio setting and I'm consistently impressed by how easily I can tell where people are. Enemies will shout before attacking or just talk while I'm in stealth and I can tell who's to my right, to my left and below, who's behind me, etc.

Maybe a shooter like Black Ops would be the best right now, though I don't know cause I don't have it.

Oct 27, 2017
Should we be concerned with a PS GamePass equivalent? Jimbo seems to be hinting at some new in the near future.

WWS is renowned for high-quality/polished AAA SP games, however these take time.

In order to pump out enough content to keep a subscription approach viable, wouldn't that impact how Sony makes their AAA games?

Of course, this is assuming they stick to this bizarre "organic growth" perspective and not purchase numerous additional studios to increase WWS output.

My concern is when I look at other subscription centric games (like Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Halo Infinite and etc.), they are rarely ever launched in a polished and complete state.
I would say wait until they actually detail what plans they have instead of worrying about how an hypothetical plan is going to hypothetically affect their games output. Wait until there is actually something to be concerned about.

Nov 18, 2018
Played a couple of hours of Miles and I can't get over how good it looks. I bought a new tv at the weekend and going from a PS4 slim with a 32" 1080p tv to PS5 on a 50" 4K HDR tv is just mind blowing. I keep having to stop swinging and admire the reflections.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Should we be concerned with a PS GamePass equivalent? Jimbo seems to be hinting at some news in the near future.

I could see them doing more stuff like Miles Morales and Lost Legacy. I would be ok with that, but I am happy with the current situation as well.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands

I enjoyed the 3d audio with my headphones in Astro's Playroom SSD speedway level. I could really pinpoint the locations of the racers flying by. I did change my 3D settings from default as the default setting wasn't right for me.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): platform warring, history of platform warring
Funny how PlayStation needs an answer to Game Pass after destroying the competition. Where's the threads about Nintendo having an answer to Game Pass?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

No, he's made it abundantly clear that you aren't seeing FP games on a Game Pass-type format day and date. And when you look at the sales of games like Part II and GoT, as well as it being recently revealed that both GoW and Spider-Man have sold 20m units each, they have little reason to change that. What you're likely looking at is them expanding the PS Plus Collection. I think there was one interview where Ryan was even asked about if they'd be doing that, and he said that they'd be looking at the reception to it in order to gauge whether they should do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.