• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, at least Sony is happy with it. And thats all that matters. Means we may get more from Housemarque on PS5 and later consoles and more Returnal.

About Uncharted 4on PC, IIRC Matt hinted that both Sony and MS's goals would be similar.

This could be one, more games on PC. Its an older game, we'll see how the reception goes. HZD must be doing great on PC.
They will all be profitable. Some more than others.

Overall costs to port these games to PC is extremely low.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, at least Sony is happy with it. And thats all that matters. Means we may get more from Housemarque on PS5 and later consoles and more Returnal.

About Uncharted 4on PC, IIRC Matt hinted that both Sony and MS's goals would be similar.

This could be one, more games on PC. Its an older game, we'll see how the reception goes. HZD must be doing great on PC.

A slide on the IR day report has HZD at 250% plus ROI on PC it's easy money lol .

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
So GOW2 is officiall yGod of War Ragnorok?
smqJx2E.png
Uhhhh...did you miss the initial God of War Ragnarok announce?

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Indeed, really need to start thinking of how to incorporate a PC into my next entertainment center.
Seems like it will be the best platform in terms of available games going forward.
Let's see if this couch gaming on PC is really as close to console gaming as some suggest.
I enjoy PC gaming and my PlayStation and as someone who has had a PC hooked up to a TV for over 15 years now, I can tell you that it's not close. All platforms have their advantages and the ease of use of a PC on a TV is not one of them. It can be as good and simple as a console at times but going by my own experience I can honestly tell you that there's always something with regards to PC gaming. It's not bad at all, far from it, but it's not the comfortable console experience either. The fact that you have a dozen of launchers on it requires you to have a wireless keyboard with a track pad near your couch. And while it does get better, slowly but surely, it's probably going to take just as long as it takes Sony to port their old PS4 games to PC.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Slide 6 is interesting. Apparently PS4 was 45% market share and Sony wants to bump that up to 50%.

Nintendo and MS are both really healthy and aggressive this gen so it will be interesting to see Sony's plans to gain 5% more market share from last gen.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Slide 6 is interesting. Apparently PS4 was 45% market share and Sony wants to bump that up to 50%.

Nintendo and MS are both really healthy and aggressive this gen so it will be interesting to see Sony's plans to gain 5% more market share from last gen.

I can see them getting bigger market share if they can get the stock .
It already the best selling console in the set time but the demand is crazy level.
Never seen anything like it .

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda weird that Sony is pushing release of Far Cry 6. Far Cry never had an relation to PlayStation. I think it was mostly associated with Xbox.

At least in general i think. They revealed 4 on Sony's stage.
That's the great thing about marketing deals...whoever offers me more money, I'll be your best friend.

eFKac92

Apr 8, 2021
I enjoy PC gaming and my PlayStation and as someone who has had a PC hooked up to a TV for over 15 years now, I can tell you that it's not close. All platforms have their advantages and the ease of use of a PC on a TV is not one of them. It can be as good and simple as a console at times but going by my own experience I can honestly tell you that there's always something with regards to PC gaming. And while it does get better, slowly but surely, it's probably going to take just as long as it takes Sony to port their old PS4 games to PC.

That's what I am really worried about. Haven't played on PC outside of some older games on a non gaming laptop in like 15 years.
I doubt I will switch this gen since I have already bought a PS5 which in hindsight maybe I shouldn't have so early considering Sony's strategy to keep my options open.
But I am accustomed to the easy of use of console gaming and I am not getting younger so it might be even more important in the future.
Probably a problem to solve in around 5 years time though 😅

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I'm going to be kind of salty if any new ND stuff is delayed for a PC port and a remake of TLOU1...
While I get the sentiment, it's unlikely to be warranted. Jason Schreier explained a couple of weeks ago that Naughty Dog has to keep the majority of their employees busy for a year while the next game is still in pre-production and these smaller projects like a remake or a PC port (as we just learned) are perfect for that.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
God of War Ragnarok PS5 only hype
Yeah that's very interesting. Can't wait to see what it looks like, pretty sure we're going to be blown away.
I enjoy PC gaming and my PlayStation and as someone who has had a PC hooked up to a TV for over 15 years now, I can tell you that it's not close. All platforms have their advantages and the ease of use of a PC on a TV is not one of them. It can be as good and simple as a console at times but going by my own experience I can honestly tell you that there's always something with regards to PC gaming. It's not bad at all, far from it, but it's not the comfortable console experience either. The fact that you have a dozen of launchers on it requires you to have a wireless keyboard with a track pad near your couch. And while it does get better, slowly but surely, it's probably going to take just as long as it takes Sony to port their old PS4 games to PC.
Surely you're aware of Playnite?

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody think we may see Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered as an "Available Now!" drop tomorrow during the State of Play?

I would think it would be locked down to a preorder of the Ultimate Edition but I would legit love a stealth drop for that tomorrow.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I see they changed from "internal grows".
Let's see what they are cooking for cloud.

🙃
While I get the sentiment, it's unlikely to be warranted. Jason Schreier explained a couple of weeks ago that Naughty Dog has to keep the majority of their employees busy for a year while the next game is still in pre-production and these smaller projects like a remake or a PC port (as we just learned) are perfect for that.
HZD was externalized.
Day's Gone port was made by Bends ?

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Anybody think we may see Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered as an "Available Now!" drop tomorrow during the State of Play?

I would think it would be locked down to a preorder of the Ultimate Edition but I would legit love a stealth drop for that tomorrow.
The PC version isn't that different, I would take a 60 patch.He

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Yeah that's very interesting. Can't wait to see what it looks like, pretty sure we're going to be blown away.

Surely you're aware of Playnite?
Of course and it's the last thing I think of when it comes to "ease of use". It's powerful and very flexible but it requires you to put the work in opposed to having a more limited but solid OOBE like Steam does with BPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.