Not open for further replies.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cheers to the OT. It's been wild! Here's to the new OT and random Tuesday 🙏

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm definitely going to order a pizza the day of the PS stream as if it were E3.

Same, but timing will be everything. I want quality pizza for this, and the place I wanna go to opens at 3:00 PM EST, and with traffic it'd probably be about 1 hour for me to get back home. That means Sony has to be holding their event at 5:00 PM EST for me to feel comfortable enough to go pick up my pizza. If not, I'll probably have to settle for inferior chain pizza :(

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely going to order a pizza the day of the PS stream as if it were E3.

5evl7vtyjbk.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Same, but timing will be everything. I want quality pizza for this, and the place I wanna go to opens at 3:00 PM EST, and with traffic it'd probably be about 1 hour for me to get back home. That means Sony has to be holding their event at 5:00 PM EST for me to feel comfortable enough to go pick up my pizza. If not, I'll probably have to settle for inferior chain pizza :(

Just make sure you don't forget the pineapple...

... and anchovies.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Someone refresh my memory, we getting Plus and Now games this week? It's 4am and my brain is becoming mush.

the_shadow085

Banned
Feb 28, 2020
What are you guys doing if that mysterous event is happening? So far we have just wishful thinking for that event to happen based on the past.

I hope you are not going to be unhappy if nothing happens.

The most logic conclusion is that Sony is rather slow with producing the new and not announced games yet. Combined with their new tactics to show everything as late as humanely possible it is very unlikely that this event is bound to happen.

And the fact that Sony delayed many games to 2022 is also not very encouraging. They would have not delayed many games if the production was on track. They are not ready yet to show many new stuff.

I do not like the secret Sony as well. it cannot that hard to just namedrop a few title that they are working on with short description and that's it. That worked well enough in the past. But today everything has to be big and show. That is just weird. The secrecy just creates a hype. A hype that is no match for the reality.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's quite laughable that they didn't added this yet. My cousin who use PC as a primary platform tried to surprise me and buy some games for my birthday last year, but the poor guy had to come and ask me if PSN really didn't have any gift system.
You would also think this is the type of feature a platform holder would love to have because it would directly make them money.... but nope. I got my brother a year of PS+ once, gifted it him by just sneaking into his room and going on his PlayStation when he wasn't home.

Nov 21, 2017
Pineapple pizza sucks
Space Cowboys > Vampires
Bloodborne is overrated just like FromSoftware
Astrobot will be the last guest character in Smash Bros

Oct 25, 2017
It always baffles me when people call From Software (and Bloodborne) overrated. Level design, combat, bosses, art direction, lore: they're absolutely top-notch. Also my favorite success story in gaming. From a small, niche developer to a developer that sells 10 million copies of Dark Souls 3 and wins Game of the Year with Sekiro.

Elden Ring will slap.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
What are you guys doing if that mysterous event is happening? So far we have just wishful thinking for that event to happen based on the past.

I hope you are not going to be unhappy if nothing happens.

The most logic conclusion is that Sony is rather slow with producing the new and not announced games yet. Combined with their new tactics to show everything as late as humanely possible it is very unlikely that this event is bound to happen.

And the fact that Sony delayed many games to 2022 is also not very encouraging. They would have not delayed many games if the production was on track. They are not ready yet to show many new stuff.

I do not like the secret Sony as well. it cannot that hard to just namedrop a few title that they are working on with short description and that's it. That worked well enough in the past. But today everything has to be big and show. That is just weird. The secrecy just creates a hype. A hype that is no match for the reality.

We're past the "wishful thinking" stage friend. Keighley already let slip the existence of something happening at the SGF kickoff when he said more info on the Death Stranding Director's Cut was "weeks away". There's been quite a bit of smoke about an impending event as well, so the only questions are:

1. What's the specific date? July 8th is the most commonly cited date so far.
2. What's the scale of this event? Is it State of Play sized or Future of Gaming/E3 presentation sized?
3. Is this THE event for the rest of the year, or is it being split with another event later in the year (ie. September)?

Sony's only delayed 2 games to 2022 so far (GT7 and God of War) with a third as of yet unknown in Horizon. Based on known and rumored titles, not to mention third party exclusives and marketing obligations they've got MORE than enough to fill a very beefy show, potentially 2 beefy shows if there's another one later in the year.

Now we just sit back and enjoy the ride :) ... and prepare our event snacks/meals :)

Status
Not open for further replies.