• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbobman15

Jan 21, 2019
Was too young at the time to really know about the wider public perception for the franchise, but historically speaking, Gran Turismo has been selling near 10m copies per game since the PS1.

To put this in perspective, GT1 was the biggest selling PS1 game, and GT2 was the third biggest. The only game that outsold on GT3 and 4 on PS2 was Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. GT5 is the second best selling game on PS3 after Grand Theft Auto 5.

They've always been absolute juggernauts until GT6 and Sport. The former died due to releasing after the PS4 so its legs were shot to shit. The latter had a really rough launch and has slowly been working it's way back up, and despite that it still sold over 8 million copies.

So if GT7 is actually good, well, it's basically the Return of the King.

I'm looking forward to the launch of Gran Turismo 7. The racing sim genre needs to kick it up a notch. I was very disappointed with Forza Motorsport 7 coming from 6, even with it launching on PC. The game just felt like an incomplete package.

I want to see some really proper marketing on GT7, give us that short documentary on the development and some state of plays focused on it. I know not everyone is a fan of racing games but man…they always impress me on the visuals and talent behind them. Those racing devs at Polyphony, Turn 10/Playground and Codemasters are so passionate to work on their passion. Probably some of the most interesting people in gaming.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Yakuza 7 so I'm basically caught up on my backlog with nothing to play. Debating on going back to some games I dropped, like Ys 8 and DQ11.

I have 4 hours in Ys 8, does anyone know how long I should give it if I'm not feeling it so far?

DQ11, does the difficulty pick up?

What is it that isn't grabbing you about Ys 8? I ended up loving the characters, and the combat as always is great in Ys. As far as DQ goes, you really need to set the Draconian Quest restrictions to your liking from the start to really up the difficulty.

The RT performance mode on Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart would require a lot more concessions than for Miles Morales and Demon's Souls, it's a shame if that is confirmed.

I mean, it's to be expected. Ratchet is a game built solely for the PS5, while Miles was a PS4 game that was upgraded ot the PS5. There's just going to be more headroom for them to work with there. DS doesn't have any raytracing.

Oct 25, 2017
What is it that isn't grabbing you about Ys 8? I ended up loving the characters, and the combat as always is great in Ys. As far as DQ goes, you really need to set the Draconian Quest restrictions to your liking from the start to really up the difficulty.

I mean, it's to be expected. Ratchet is a game built solely for the PS5, while Miles was a PS4 game that was upgraded ot the PS5. There's just going to be more headroom for them to work with there. DS doesn't have any raytracing.

With Ys 8, nothings really grabbed me so far (on hard). Combat is okay, characters... exist, and there's no story so far.

I'm about 14 hours into DQ11. I don't mind restarting if the modifiers add a challenge, but the challenge is well balanced, correct?

Ratchet Review / Jeff Grubb Discussion

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Just saying it now ahead of time. This thread is NOT going to turn into the "Complain about Jeff Grubb" thread once the Ratchet reviews release. Anyone trying to derail this thread to make it about grubb/narrative once the review embargo is lifted will get a week long threadban (yes you'll miss e3 discussion in this thread, it's intentional).

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just saying it now ahead of time. This thread is NOT going to turn into the "Complain about Jeff Grubb" thread once the Ratchet reviews release. Anyone trying to derail this thread to make it about grubb/narrative once the review embargo is lifted will get a week long threadban (yes you'll miss e3 discussion in this thread, it's intentional).
Miss the E3 discussion, what's e3? YOU MEAN THE SURPISE FUTURE OF GAMING DISCUSSION!

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
With Ys 8, nothings really grabbed me so far (on hard). Combat is okay, characters... exist, and there's no story so far.

I'm about 14 hours into DQ11. I don't mind restarting if the modifiers add a challenge, but the challenge is well balanced, correct?

Have Ys games ever had good story/characters? It's always about the combat and the music. Ys 8 music is what kept me going after the combat became stale.

I'm one of the few who didn't really like DQ11 all that much. It was OK. I did enjoy the first 10 hours or so, though, but after that I was pretty much over it.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

How much have you filled up Castaway Village with characters from the world? That's really when it starts picking. I'd say give it a few more hours and if it hasn't grabbed you by then it probably just isn't for you.

As far as DQ goes, it depends on what you want with the restrictions as you can put some harsh ones on you to make it quite difficult. For example, one of the restrictions prevents you from buying items from shops. But you can do others like reducing XP gain or making if so that if the Hero dies the it's game over.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine for a second BluePoint current gen Shadow Moses segment gameplay reveal... Just a random thought of the day.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
But... what if he gives it a 5/5? Are we allowed to meltdown then?

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Oi wonder why Sony hasn't promoted Guilty Gear like they have street fighter? It's a 90 on MC right now

MisterP𝕏L

Jul 10, 2019

I agree but the fact remains that Miles Morales was an open world whose movements were very lively and fast, all the time.

It amazes me that the game needs more concessions being much more linear.

the_shadow085

Banned
Feb 28, 2020
I am not into the MGS Remake at all despite I am big MGS fan. I somehow hope it is not going to happen. It is not like that we have a proof it is hapening anyway but still.

If we live in perfect world were they would just make the same again, with the same voice actors and music I would buy it day one. But if they make it there are going to add crafting, open world and the other nonsense stuff that every game these days must have. The odds are also very hight that some iconic tracks that has anything to do with Sviridov. But a MGS without the iconic tappy theme or the main menu theme is not complete. Well the main menu theme could come back theoreticaly it has nothing to do with the soviet companoser I guss but you never now.

I think they should let MGS rest and do not mutilate it which a sub par remake.

the_shadow085

Banned
Feb 28, 2020
What makes you guys think that Kojima would be interested in the remake in the first place. He has given up the series long time ago. And what things could make Kojima better in the remake? cannot think of anything. He proofed already with twin Snakes that his improvements are not that great in the first place.

And how is a MGS remake to work any way in 2021 with the political climate at the moment? Will the devs be really brave enough to keep the more pervy eastereggs in the game? Like seeing Meryl in her underwear when you enter the ladies room quick enough after she enters it?

As already posted above i really think that a Remake wouldn't the game anything good.

and how about the climate where everbody acusses everybody of steeling ideas? Micheal Bay could sue Konami because the the opening of mgs with the little submarine that snakes uses to infiltrate Shodow Moses island resembles the infiltration sequence of the Movie the Rock a bit.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if Amazon is accepting trade ins for PS5 games? I cant seem to find the option to trade in even though I see plenty of used copies for sale on their site. I guess these are third party sellers?

Was hoping to trade in Returnal since I beat it but I guess I have to sell it instead....

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Pretty good results for Returnal.

I wonder if Miles also counts the Ultimate edition or it's just the base game.

Good to see Demon's holding up.

Status
Not open for further replies.