• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
RE1 on PS1.

I also used it to scare others when they played it for the first time. I didnt say a word, no warnings, nothing, lol.

I think the only thing you'd need a warning for is the amazing voice acting :P

"I'm going too! Chris is our OLD PARTNER, you know?"
"Okay, let ME handle this! Stay alert!"

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Sony sending out their ninjas as we speak.
I'm ready :P
tangled-disney.gif

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Btw it would be funny if indeed the SoP games are those ones.

It would mean we found out a loophole how to find out what content Sony will show next

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

It would mean we found out a loophole how to find out what content Sony will show next

I think if that's actually the case they'll probably never do advance website updates again after this.

But more likely than not it's just standard website maintenance.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

No, it would mean you were always a high tier Sony spy and that you know if Bloodborne 2 is happening or not👀

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
So according to Jeff Grubb, there is a Warner Bros. Smash game in development. Nintendo, Nickolodeon and now Warner Bros. More companies are leveraging their properties to make a Smash game, I hope Sony does the same one day.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
let's hope those games are successful.
Might be the final push for Sony to give it anothe chance.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
So according to Jeff Grubb, there is a Warner Bros. Smash game in development. Nintendo, Nickolodeon and now Warner Bros. More companies are leveraging their properties to make a Smash game, I hope Sony does the same one day.
Rather than Smash clone I would prefer an "ApeEscapesque" Astro game where Astrobots went haywire and are invading other PlayStation IPs, where levels are literally Astro going into other IPs. Uncharted world, Bloodborne world, Demon's Souls world, God of War world, The Last Guardian world, etc.
Now that would be a cool crossover.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Rather than Smash clone I would prefer an "ApeEscapesque" Astro game where Astrobots went haywire and are invading other PlayStation IPs, where levels are literally Astro going into other IPs. Uncharted world, Bloodborne world, Demon's Souls world, God of War world, The Last Guardian world, etc.
That would be an interesting crossover game but it wouldn't scratch the same itch as a Sony Smash cross over game would. Playing as your favorite characters beating the stuffing out of your other favorites is really fun. I'd love to beat up Kratos as the Ape Escape monkey lol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Nah. A crossover needs to make use of those characters in a meaningful way, not just use them as set dressing for a mute robot with no personality to bounce around in.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, so like, Looney Tunes? Or just everything under WB?
The guy that first leaked it mentioned a couple of characters, but he also said it was being developed by Netherrealm and Grubb debunked that, so don't know how reliable his information is.
But he mentioned Mad Max, Shaggy, Batman, Gandalf and Harry Potter.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
No concrete info yet. Just that it's in development and it's not Netherrealm developing it. Presumably any Warner Bros property has a chance of having a representative. Looney Tunes, Animaniacs, Harry Potter, Mad Max etc
That would actually be insane if it's everything. I know WB doesn't have the Middle Earth License for movies anymore, but they do with games right? Like, we could potentially get a game where Gandalf gets to throw hands with Dumbledore.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I like this. I can see Nate tied to an explosive and calling Astro "lil buddy" while he navigates a fiery level trying to rescue Nate.

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission 2. This time he has to rescue the heroes and heroines of galaxy. I can see it.

These companies can make as many smash clones as they want but their cast of characters will never in life come close to Smash ultimates. That Nickelodeon clone is worse than PlayStation All-stars.

Sony should just get Capcom or Arc to build them a fighter. "PlayStation Vs Capcom" would dope too.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
That would actually be insane if it's everything. I know WB doesn't have the Middle Earth License for movies anymore, but they do with games right? Like, we could potentially get a game where Gandalf gets to throw hands with Dumbledore.
I think they still do. And I agree, it's why I hope WB takes this game extremely seriously and gives it the budget it needs with proper online. If they do this right, this will be the first legitimate Smash competitor. No other company besides Nintendo(and possibly Sony too if you go outside SIE owned properties to their other divisions) would be able to match the roster a WB Smash could come up with.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like an update to a game revealed at Gamescom 2020 in the State of Play.

Unknown 9 Awakening. It's a next-generation only game and on face value the reveal looked really good.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
After playing for roughly one hour on my PS5, it started to have very brief green screen flickering and than some sound issues came up. This happens now, after i cleaned my PS5 yesterday (just opened the panels and wiped some dust off). Did anybody else ever have the same issue? After restarting the PS5 it is fine again, but i'm afraid that the issues could come up again. Already thinking about making use of the warranty..

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
After playing for roughly one hour on my PS5, it started to have very brief green screen flickering and than some sound issues came up. This happens now, after i cleaned my PS5 yesterday (just opened the panels and wiped some dust off). Did anybody else ever have the same issue? After restarting the PS5 it is fine again, but i'm afraid that the issues could come up again. Already thinking about making use of the warranty..
Double check that your HDMI cable isn't loose on each end.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
It'd be a good question to ask Hermen but I kinda doubt he'd sign off on a PlayStation Smash Clone, Kart Racer or a Party Game anytime soon especially with the focus on making big Blockbuster games.

Which I kinda appreciate that Shu signed off on PSASBR, Modnation Racers, LBP Kart Racing, and all those PlayLink Games but unless they're willing to spend an AAA budget on them, I'd rather they spend resources on either outsourcing PS3 Remasters for PS5, an AAA JRPG or a Fighting Game instead.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be a good question to ask Hermen but I kinda doubt he'd sign off on a PlayStation Smash Clone, Kart Racer or a Party Game anytime soon especially with the focus on making big Blockbuster games.

Which I kinda appreciate that Shu signed off on PSASBR, Modnation Racers, LBP Kart Racing, and all those PlayLink Games but unless they're willing to spend an AAA budget on them, I'd rather they spend resources on either outsourcing PS3 Remasters for PS5, an AAA JRPG or a Fighting Game instead.
Well as far we know, they're not doing any of that either, so here's hoping for that too. Also PS Smash would be a fighting game.

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
Since just about all of PlayStation Studios characters have projectile weapons - even Kratos now - a hero shooter is the only crossover that makes sense gameplay wise. Ratchet, Aloy, Drake, Ellie, InFamous protags: they mostly shoot things.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Check other HDMI ports before sending the console, it could be related to the TV..

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017

I doubt Bluepoint is making a Bloodborne remaster.

But at the same time, I have a hard time believing that Sony would go to the trouble of remaking Demons Souls and have no interest in doing something with Bloodborne. But they could be saving that as a PS6 game.

Still it might make some kind of sense to gear Bluepoint towards a remaster if Sony were also to work with From on a Bloodborne sequel, spiritual or otherwise.

Still, at this point it's just hopeful nonsense, I think.

Apparently Jetpack Interactive is handling the God of War PC port. I can't imagine that SIE would let another Horizon happen.

I'm curious where Nixxes is at. Do they have some yet unannounced PC ports in the works. Or is their work primarily going to be tooling first party engines to facilitate porting.

So I finished Spider-Man PS4. Pretty good game.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I am on Team 3D Fighter for a PS Crossover game. PS1 was all about those 3D Fighters so said game being based on that especially if it was fast paced with air juggles and combos compared to more slower paced 3D fighters would be great to see and different from the current 3D fighting game market.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017
Apparently Jetpack Interactive is handling the God of War PC port. I can't imagine that SIE would let another Horizon happen.

I'm curious where Nixxes is at. Do they have some yet unannounced PC ports in the works. Or is their work primarily going to be tooling first party engines to facilitate porting.

The GOW port most likely started well before Nixxes was acquired and not to mention they still likely are doing contract port work on Avengers which still regularly receives updates.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I would think if Jetpack were to do a great job on the GOW port then that might open the door to Sony picking them up to shore up their PC porting arm along with Nixxes. I would guess the end goal is to have all of that done in-house so either Nixxes would have to grow significantly or Sony would have to pick up more talent to help out.

Nov 21, 2017
I would think if Jetpack were to do a great job on the GOW port then that might open the door to Sony picking them up to shore up their PC porting arm along with Nixxes. I would guess the end goal is to have all of that done in-house so either Nixxes would have to grow significantly or Sony would have to pick up more talent to help out.

eh if Sony does decide to acquire another port studio they might go with Iron Galaxy instead of Jetpack as they have a relationship with Adam Boyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.