• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when GG was hiring all these cartoon artists with their art pages having similar looking "OverWatch" looking character art and some of us assumed from that, GG's MP game would be a Hero Shooter?

I wonder if that rings true or not or if everything GGs is working on is just Horizon related?

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Boy if FF7R part 2 actually shows up tomorrow...

excited-aerith.gif

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Remember when GG was hiring all these cartoon artists with their art pages having similar looking "OverWatch" looking character art and some of us assumed from that, GG's MP game would be a Hero Shooter?

I wonder if that rings true or not or if everything GGs is working on is just Horizon related?

As much as I like Horizon, and would love a Monster Hunter-esque mode/game in that universe, I do hope they branch out into a new IP this gen as well.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
My ff7 lore and memory is trash. Part 2 should in theory have the gold saucer right?

Depends - inbetween Midgar and that you have these major moments (from memory):

Kalm and Nibelheim flashback - Chocobo Farm - Midgar Zolom - Fort Condor - Junon + boat ride - Costa Del Sol

Someone please slap me if I forgot something!

Last edited:

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
All they gotta do is drop a 3 second gif of in game gold saucer and leave and everybody including me going crazy than

Sephiroth walking through the flames of Nibelheim in the trailer will be the money shot. Oh and Costa Del Sol depending on what they do with it...Because I wonder if Square can resist not having the characters in like swimming trunks or bikinis for some goofy shenanigans on the beach y'know.

Last edited:

EPLirish

Jan 20, 2022
Santa Monica is almost reaching 500+ employees studios and is second largest after Naughty Dogs in PS Studios family :o and Firespite have doubled their employees on year to year, they grew 47%

I found this information from growjo website, they seem to be really reliable.

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
Santa Monica is almost reaching 500+ employees studios and is second largest after Naughty Dogs in PS Studios family :o and Firespite have doubled their employees on year to year, they grew 47%

I found this information from growjo website, they seem to be really reliable.
I don't think they're reliable they said that ND is 589 empleyees but we know from evan wells that they were 300 few month ago

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if any of the new I.Ps be they GAAS or SP, etc... have a cartoony non realistic artstyle that isn't grounded.

I don't mean colourful but still with real people like Horizon, but actual cartoony/anime/etc... like art. Be it like how WoW/OverWatch looks like or like how other types of games like Splatoon, AstroBot, Ratchet, etc...

xhunter61

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they are working on something like a Vita TV 2.0. Smaller in size, cheaper in price. Android based so that future mobile titles can also be played on it. Could also work with PS1 emulation and PS3 streaming.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Watch a playthrough of OG. Then play FF7R. You'll be all set.

I'm already a third of the way through original FF7. I started playing it on Switch (in 2019?) cause I was going through it the same time as a friend was, but I fell behind.

Then I started playing FF7:R earlier this year because I know it doesn't go past where I stopped in the OG. So my plan is to finish FF7:R, then go back to playing the OG and finish it before Remake Pt 2 releases.

I'm just really bad at finishing games.😞

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
My PS+ subscription just ended and now I am contemplating what to pay for. Maybe I will get premium for $120 annual....

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
I have a theory.

Production for GOD Ragnarok finished when Cory came back to twitter and now they're polishing and bug fixing

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already a third of the way through original FF7. I started playing it on Switch (in 2019?) cause I was going through it the same time as a friend was, but I fell behind.

Then I started playing FF7:R earlier this year because I know it doesn't go past where I stopped in the OG. So my plan is to finish FF7:R, then go back to playing the OG and finish it before Remake Pt 2 releases.

I'm just really bad at finishing games.😞

Thats not a bad strategy. If you can stick with it and finish FF7R it's 1000% worth it.

I have a theory.

Production for GOD Ragnarok finished when Cory came back to twitter and now they're polishing and bug fixing

So just like FF16...polishing and bug fixing for another year 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.