Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I arrived at this franchise late and I'm happy it's doing well. I love the universe and want a 3rd game.

View: https://twitter.com/shinobi602/status/1652065531497705472

Same, I got into the series late but adore it. Its a great, unsettling series of 2D platformer/puzzle games with some excellent set pieces. A similar game called Bramble from an indie studio just released, and from the demo it definitely feels similar and Im excited to play the full thing (assuming I can stop playing Tchia!)

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I finished up all the side stuff, collectables, and my exploration last night. Gonna do the final mission tonight after work.

I took my sweet time in this one lol. Just wandered around a lot discovering cool shit.

Enjoy! In for an amazing time. :D

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Naughty Dog loves brutality and violence.
Naughty Dog leaned into frantic gameplay with TLOU2.
Naughty Dog literally put unmissable Hotline Miami in TLOU2.

Ergo

Naughty Dog's next game is Hotline Miami reimagination.

jyb8krp9c4n91.png
TLOU2 gameplay is like the closest thing to Hotline Miami in 3D so sure why not

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Top 3 best PS Studios studios?

Mine are Housemarque, SSM, Naughty Dog.

In order:
1. Naughty Dog: I consider TLoU 2 to be a top 5 game in history, and that's not even mentioning the rest of their output, phew
2. SSM: I think I've loved pretty much everything they have released, and Ragnarök is an easy 10/10
3. Guerrilla: I'm a huge fan of the Horizon games and rate the studio very highly due to Forbidden West and the DLC

Insomniac is sniffing at the third place, and then we have other great studios like Sucher Punch and Housemarque.

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
New IP for sure.

TLOU and TLOU2 are fantastic video games but I just don't care about the world, the characters, or their story.

In order of personal want:
New IP > Uncharted > TLOU3

Same for me too, which is quite unfortunate as objectively TLOU is a great IP and clearly one of the top line studios is going to keep working on it.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017

I'm going to say:

PS2 era:
Naughty Dog (Jak 1-3)

PS3 era:
Naughty Dog (Uncharted 1-3, TLOU 1)
Media Molecule (LittleBigPlanet)
Sucker Punch (inFamous)

PS4 era:
Japan Studio (Bloodborne)
Naughty Dog (Uncharted 4, TLOU 2)
Santa Monica (God of War)

PS5 era:
Bluepoint (Demon's Souls)
Santa Monica (God of War Ragnarok)
Guerilla Games (Horizon II)

Overall my favorites currently (Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Bluepoint)

Ani

Nov 9, 2020

1. Naughty Dog - They've been setting the bar since Uncharted 2 for not only the other first party studios but for the entire industry. They ooze quality and are easily Sony's most consistent studio.
2. Guerilla Games - Horizon: Forbidden West is easily up there with The Last of Us Part 2 as one of my all time favourite games. Burning Shores affirmed this for me. The game is just so beautiful and a joy to play. Bonus points for being the studio that made Killzone 2.
3. Sony Santa Monica - God of War's unique setting and challenging gameplay make it stand out among Sony's other games. The God of War games have always been consistently brilliant and I'm super curious what Cory Barlog is cooking up next. The idea that it could be absolutely anything, from setting to genre, is extremely compelling.

boltz

Banned
Feb 15, 2023
Absolutely. Tangled is actually a good movie. Frozen sucks.

Not that it probably matters, but with Tears in a couple weeks I'd bet more on late.

Late

Easy: Naughty Dog, SSM and Insomniac.

With Grubb floating the idea of early June being a possibility, I'm heavily leaning towards late May, like last week.
Very interesting choices here.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I thought the Twisted Metal trailer looked fine? Wasn't really enough footage to judge, and it genuinely looks like the goofier Twisted Metals.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I don't understand this either, especially in this day and age. The job of the platform holder is to curate a strong selection of commercially relevant and tonally varied software. It achieves that through co-marketing relationships, timed exclusives, and, of course, first-party software. It really doesn't matter which publisher is on the box, as long as the PS5 is getting a steady and consistent stream of must-play software. Which it is!

I get there are a lot of people on this site that own multiple systems, etc, which is fine. But most people only have one console, and are just interested in the next big game, regardless of who's publishing it. Sony's job is to ensure there's something for all tastes to look forward to at all times on PS5, regardless of who's making it!
late reply but amen!

Oct 29, 2017
The Showcase shall be May 33nd!

Seriously, though. We've been through this last year. There's no concrete evidence that suggests a showcase is happening this year, let alone May or June. Zero.

Last edited:
PlayStation Blog Weekly Roundup - CW 17
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Alright, I'm a little tipsy after drinking a nice big glass of beer (I'm a light drinker), but the SHOW MUST GO ON... It's time for this week's....

PlayStation Blog Weekly Roundup!!!!

Pretty busy week all in all. Lots of interesting articles to glean through and some cool updates in the mix, too. Here is everything Sony published on the PlayStation Blog for the week of April 28th!

Monday, April 24th

Town sim meets action adventure in My Time at Sandrock, out this summer

Tuesday, April 25th

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnothing.

Wednesday, April 26th

May Savings promotion comes to PlayStation Store
PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for May: Grid Legends, Chivalry 2, and Descenders
Humanity: a gameplay deep dive into the upcoming PlayStation Plus puzzler
Stances, Force, and custom lightsabers: All you need to know about Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.32 going live today with 4 new cars, two Extra Menus for GT Cafe, and Scapes locations

Thursday, April 27th

Producer Takashi Tokita reveals the secrets of Live A Live
Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon launches August 25 - New gameplay details
Feel the Force with PS5's haptics and adaptive triggers with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes - Definitive Edition is coming to PlayStation this summer
PlayStation Stars Campaigns and Digital Collectibles for May 2023
Inside Look: Warhammer 40,000 x World of Tanks

Friday, April 28th

Sci-fi action-adventure Hubris launches hits PS VR2 this May
Share of the Week - Ghostwire: Tokyo

Total Blog Posts: 14

Personal Highlights:

The car nerd in me always likes reading the GT7 updates because of the descriptions of the cars highlighted. The Live A Live article is also a nice read for JRPG fans who want to know some insights about the background of the game's development. Also don't sleep on the Humanity deep dive piece. The headline is actually misleading since it covers a handful of write-ups from multiple devs who have their games available on PS Plus, including Kena and Tchia. No new information is revealed in this piece, but it's nice to read write-ups from the devs. I really enjoyed the PS Stars update, primarily because of the digital collectibles. One of the collectibles was a blue PS3 Slim! I never knew that existed, let alone it's a system Sony knows people got!

This was a fun week in terms of news. There's something for everyone to enjoy reading this weekend.

Thanks everyone for enjoying these roundups and extra thanks to JuanLatino for threadmarking these (whenever he can lol)!

Have a good weekend, everyone.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sony's big showcases are honestly the most exciting shows in the industry now. Their ones before PS5 launch were amazing. Can't wait for the next one!

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
After doing the blog roundups for awhile I noticed Sony basically has a different team of writers for their official blog posts. I remember during the late PS4 years, it used to be Sid Shuman, Tim Turi, Justin Masongill, and Kristen Zitani (among a couple others). Zitani still does the Share of the Week and Shuman usually does major blog posts, like big events or announcements. I know Masongill left, but Turi seems to just be appearing on podcasts. Nowadays the active Blog staff are: Gillen McAllister (often writes up hands-on reports), Heidi Kemps (general writer, sometimes does indie round-ups), Brett Elston (sometimes writes up the State of Play blogs), O'Dell Harmon Jr. (writes up Players' Choice blogs and top downloads), and Kristen Zitani (Share of the Week and the podcasts).

I spend way too much time looking at the blogs but that's all I could gather for who the current active Blog staff writers are at the moment.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
was
Sony's big showcases are honestly the most exciting shows in the industry now. Their ones before PS5 launch were amazing. Can't wait for the next one!
I sympathize for Sony a bit in that there is no way they can live up to the expectations. Part of it is self inflicted by not having a showcase last year. Part of it is leakers going out and making claims about the "2nd phase of PS5."

Sometimes these shows don't come together as planned due to internal delays or third party delays. I think it'll be a good one but I expect people to freak out when not every first party studio comes out with a reveal on what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.