• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I have...

• A PlayStation and no PlayStation Plus

Votes: 209 13.9%
  • A PlayStation with PlayStation Plus Essential

Votes: 308 20.4%
  • A PlayStation with PlayStation Plus Extra

Votes: 313 20.8%
  • A PlayStation with PlayStation Plus Premium

Votes: 532 35.3%
  • No PlayStation: The Dark World

Votes: 145 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
I'm my mind it always made sense it was Bloodborne universe related after Bluepoint focused on the idea of creating 'new content.'

Maybe…..just maybe they are collaborating on Bloodborne 2 with FromSoft? Essentially Bluepoint is taking over (most) of the development role of Japan Studios and using their technical expertise to make it look state of the art.

I don't know. Maybe I'm going insane
Nah I mean it's all in good fun speculating but the bluepoint working on another fromsoft game rumors are basically unsubstantiated. There's nothing reliable out there indicating it's real. The only reason people thought they are doing it in the first place sounds like because they assumed if they did demon's souls they'd continue with the other fromsoft games. Not exactly the most compelling logic.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
Just imagine some exec watch max bet video about the showcase and decided to add last minute the announcements about bloodborne just to screw max 🤣.

retrogamer397

Oct 22, 2018
I have a thought experiment…what if Jim Ryan starts off the showcase by introducing their long time partner Rockstar, who then proceeds to reveal the stylised logo of GTA 6. Then a Rockstar rep comes up and tells the audience to stay tuned for later this year for a full blown reveal from Rockstar.

What would your reaction be?

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
I have a thought experiment…what if Jim Ryan starts off the showcase by introducing their long time partner Rockstar, who then proceeds to reveal the stylised logo of GTA 6. Then a Rockstar rep comes up and tells the audience to stay tuned for later this year for a full blown reveal from Rockstar.

I would rather see a GTA V trailer again for VR2. Atleast a 10 sec teaser of GTA 6 or nothing.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

I reckon I'd say "that was pointless. Might as well have just not shown up and waited for the reveal later in the year."

Trey2Deebo

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2022
One of my funny things about these showcases is when we get the game reveals wrong. I remember when the predator game reveal started everyone thought Socom was back, and they couldn't be more wrong 😂

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Maximillian bets are kinda crazy

50 gift subs - Spider-Man 2 venom playable
1000 gift subs - BB remake by Bluepoint
400 gift subs - BB PC
1000 gift subs - BB2
300 gift subs - MHW2
200 gift subs - MGS Remake
50 gift subs - Ghost 2
200 gift subs - FF Tactics Remake
100 gift subs - Virtua Fighter anything
200 gift subs - Tekken 8 guest character
777 gift subs - FF7 Rebirth new trailer
50 gift subs - MK12 gameplay reveal

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Maximillian bets are kinda crazy

50 gift subs - Spider-Man 2 venom playable
1000 gift subs - BB remake by Bluepoint
400 gift subs - BB PC
1000 gift subs - BB2
300 gift subs - MHW2
200 gift subs - MGS Remake
50 gift subs - Ghost 2
200 gift subs - FF Tactics Remake
100 gift subs - Virtua Fighter anything
200 gift subs - Tekken 8 guest character
777 gift subs - FF7 Rebirth new trailer
50 gift subs - MK12 gameplay reveal

I think the stuff in bold is okay unless there's some reason I don't know about why they can't happen. The other stuff though has been speculated so much based on nothing it's turned into a meme or been outright refuted. The FF tactics thing isn't a remake either it's a remaster, probably like that tactics ogre game.

retrogamer397

Oct 22, 2018
That's true haha. I retract my statement, let's see those reactions 🤭

I come from loving a franchise that analyses the K and S touching and what that means (Kingdom Hearts) so the reactions to a GTA6 logo would be amazing to see.

Honestly there are a lot of people in the GTA 6 subreddit that are just fantasising about the logo and creating their own mock-ups. It will definitely have people excited, which will soon turn to disappointment when they realize that's the only thing they get for now lol.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
Nah I mean it's all in good fun speculating but the bluepoint working on another fromsoft game rumors are basically unsubstantiated. There's nothing reliable out there indicating it's real. The only reason people thought they are doing it in the first place sounds like because they assumed if they did demon's souls they'd continue with the other fromsoft games. Not exactly the most compelling logic.
Agreed. I feel like a sequel to a FromSoft game would be a huge challenge in terms of game design and art design.
In the latest PSILY episode, Tim brought up an interesting theory. What if BluePoint are working on a new Uncharted game? I never considered them to be the studio working on that IP, but it could also fit that vague "original content" description. They already are somewhat familiar with the franchise after remastering UC1-3.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Extreme shock because that would never happen 😛

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I beat Humanity. An awwwwesome game. Constantly changing and refreshing from start to finish.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Hype for the PlayStation Showcase. Still one of my favorite videos.

youtu.be

King of Gaming - PlayStation Autotune

Before the PS4 reveal on Wednesday, GT teams up with melodysheep to pay tribute to the PlayStation 3 generation.Be sure to tune in to the PlayStation Meeting...
Don't know who will remember this, but I put together a "farewell PS3" trailer the day before PS4 showcase happened:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yMwvKiGYyc

Basically edited it together while working at my film school job. Kept me busy as anticipation was immensely high.

Was considering doing something similar but have been working on my Forbidden West time lapse montage pt 2 and recording footage for a Ghost of Tsushima time lapse montage (while also playing VR2 and pancake games with friends).

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
I think the stuff in bold is okay unless there's some reason I don't know about why they can't happen. The other stuff though has been speculated so much based on nothing it's turned into a meme or been outright refuted. The FF tactics thing isn't a remake either it's a remaster, probably like that tactics ogre game.
I don't think FF Tactics is big enough to show up at a Showcase to be honest. Besides, reactions would mostly be like " 'k cool, Rebirth where?"

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I got a promotion and I start Monday, so I'm thinking of spending a little bit to reward myself and getting a storage upgrade for my PS5. What's the best 2TB SSD for under $200?

Idk if the file sizes for SFVI and FFXVI have already been revealed, but I already got them pre-ordered. Gotta prepare for those beasts!

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1660120797191766018?s=20

Google Translate
The DS2 3D scans were taken in the US and Europe, and the performance captures were taken in Los Angeles. Monthly split recording.
In Los Angeles, we also shoot action, but the uniquely Japanese style of action is recorded in Japan.
ADR goes to the United States and Europe individually according to the schedules of the actors.
Japanese voice recording will be Kojima Productions.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Prediction: This will be Naughty Dog's first open world game.
FU1dRYgUsAAZ_T0
Well, you failed, since they have already done open world with Jak and Daxter

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
How did Microsoft convince Rockstar to showcase GTA IV at their event? Still remains a big surprise to me.

Money, MS made a exclusive deal with Rockstar, marketing and Xbox exclusive DLC. It turned out to be a timed deal since it showed up on PS3 eventually. Think I remember it being around 50 million for the DLC exclusivity.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
the new Uncharted being developed by BluePoint seems the most likely scenario to me:
1 Bend (which refused) was chosen because they have already worked on the IP
2 BluePoint made the Natan Drake Collection
3 Their new game is "original content" for the first time, most of us assume that means they are working on an existing IP

=[::::::::::>

Alt account
Banned
May 7, 2023
Is Jedi Survivor now worth picking up on ps? I held off after hearing about all the performance issues which were a killer for me.

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
How bad is the performance currently compared to launch? I don't know why they didn't include a 40fps mode as I think that would have been perfect re: resolution and fps :/
To be honest it still isn't much better from launch, I think quality mode is alright but again that's 30fps, still has the bug that turns off performance mode during cutscenes so you have to pause, turn it back on if you want 60fps cutscenes, every time a cutscene happens. It goes back to performance mode during gameplay automatically though so if you're fine with 30fps cuts ended there's no problem.

Honestly if performance is a sticking point for you you're probably better off giving it a while, how long is anyone's guess though unfortunately :/

Dull Request

alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2022

Annoyance. It would be a complete waste of time and expectations to have anything R* followed by "Please be excited". People need to get the R* idea out of their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.