• No PlayStation: The Dark World

Votes: 145 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot_20230612_125530_Twitter.jpg

Looks very positive! Glad to see people enjoying the demo.

Is FF16 30 FPS or is that about Starfield?

Deleted member 148500

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jun 7, 2023
What's wrong with their relationship? Are now of their games coming to PS? MS having marketing rights for some of their games doesn't mean they have a bad relationship with Sony.
P4G/P3P not getting PS5 optimized, while getting full Xbox Series versions is one sign of what's wrong with their relationship.

I don't mind the games being multiplat, I do however very much mind the games being decidedly worse on Playstation for no good reason.

Also now having to wait an unknown number of days to definitely find out if Atlus isn't pulling some comparable BS with Persona 3 Remake, Persona 5 Tactics and Metaphor is dumb as well. But I'll just wait for now...

Sounds good about FFXVI, I won't be playing the demo, as I'd probably never finish the game if I started it now and then went back to the other game I'm currently playing until the 22nd, but good to know that demo is apparently well received.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Yup, took the words out of my mouth. A Square run by Sony would be incredibly lame. They'd potentially strangle them into only doing the big, safe games, and not the smaller experimental stuff they've been doing lately. Its the same reason I dont want Sony anywhere near Capcom.
Yeah sure... Sony makes only big safe games. This type of statements should be bannable.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
My prediction is pretty solidified now, the combat always looked good but to have it actually feel so smooth to play yourself is a great feat

90+ incoming as long as there isn't anything bad about the other 80% of the game we haven't seen

Hiroshi Takai must be relieved as he met the demands of Sony

/s just in case

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Yup, took the words out of my mouth. A Square run by Sony would be incredibly lame. They'd potentially strangle them into only doing the big, safe games, and not the smaller experimental stuff they've been doing lately. Its the same reason I dont want Sony anywhere near Capcom.
Square has been my favorite publisher since FF8. Whatever their future is, I hope they are able to remain as creative and weird as they want to be. This current streak of Square Enix is amazing and I want nothing to obstruct it. Some stinkers, many home runs. Not sure if under Sony would be a positive or negative, so why risk anything.

I'm too excited for XVI, love the positive reaction to the demo. I can't decide if I want to download it or wait two weeks for the game. 😩

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
Let's speculate about the biggest games that'll release in the coming years:

2024: Death Stranding 2, GTA VI
2025: Ghost of Tsushima 2, TLOU3
2026: The Witcher, Cory new IP?
2027: TES VI

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Sooo. The hell is Eiyuuden Chronicles and the Suikoden collection? I just knew they were gonna show up at one of these shows but nope. These are the last two missing games for me this year.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Sooo. The hell is Eiyuuden Chronicles and the Suikoden collection? I just knew they were gonna show up at one of these shows but nope. These are the last two missing games for me this year.

The Suikoden situation is a bit weird because ever since it was announced they were updating their Twitter fairly regularly with gifs, videos and screenshots. And then in the middle of January they just stopped posting altogether.

Oct 25, 2017
Eiyuuden last update was like late may, maybe tgs or something but I think they trynna figure out if 2023 can be made(or if it even should it's stacked)

No idea why a simple suikoden collection so quiet but it's konami

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
God the next 10 days are going to be hell waiting to continue this game

The boss fights are so hype with the music I was literally jumping up and down like a child playing through

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
I just finished the FF16 demo, i loved it
22th june can't come soon enough

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Looks very positive! Glad to see people enjoying the demo.

Is FF16 30 FPS or is that about Starfield?
It's about Starfield. It's 4K/30fps on XSX and 1440/30fps XSS, and peeps are wondering why there isn't a lower res 60 performance mode on XSX. Justified when it's "25 years in the making" you expect at least options. And even the XSX 30fps footage was a bit janky performance in places... It's just raising its head and now its starting to spread that more games will be targeted 30fps again for current gen.

___
FF16 Demo... Let's see what this is all about. I preordered I better like it.

I could see someone in London reporting this to the police/fire department lol "999...I saw this bus full of people, it was on fire!"

Last edited:

Rixam

Jan 2, 2023
Let's speculate about the biggest games that'll release in the coming years:

2024: Death Stranding 2, GTA VI
2025: Ghost of Tsushima 2, TLOU3
2026: The Witcher, Cory new IP?
2027: TES VI
It's hard to know but I have some random guesses:
2024 - GTA VI, New 3D Mario (pls)
2025 - Wolverine, Mario Kart 10?
2026 - The Witcher IV, TLOU3
2027 - Jedi Survivor Sequel, Elden Ring 2?
2028 - Uncharted 5, TES VI, Magic Game 2?

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's hard to know but I have some random guesses:
2024 - GTA VI, New 3D Mario (pls)
2025 - Wolverine, Mario Kart 10?
2026 - The Witcher IV, TLOU3
2027 - Jedi Survivor Sequel, Elden Ring 2?
2028 - Uncharted 5, TES VI, Magic Game 2?

Except switch out TLOU3 for new IP and that seems pretty reasonable.

Also add, FFVII Rebirth to 2024. That one is also going to be huge, especially in terms of gaming hype.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
And yet FF7Rebirth was at SGF not Sony's, still Jimbo appears at FF16 celebration. Don't rule anything out sometimes publisher's want the big reveals at their own event.

Rebirth still worked in their favor because it's an exclusive. So, even though it wasn't shown at their Showcase it still resulted in people talking about it and the PS5. MHW2 will presumably be multiplatform, so that wouldn't work the same even if Sony's got co-marketing for it.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
The Suikoden situation is a bit weird because ever since it was announced they were updating their Twitter fairly regularly with gifs, videos and screenshots. And then in the middle of January they just stopped posting altogether.

Eiyuuden last update was like late may, maybe tgs or something but I think they trynna figure out if 2023 can be made(or if it even should it's stacked)

No idea why a simple suikoden collection so quiet but it's konami
So Suikoden is just a mystery right now. smh. As much as I want Eiyuuden, if they can't hit this year im cool with it getting delayed.

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
I feel like SE is too inconsistent of a company for Sony to buy entirely, they published the Quiet Man, Balan Wonderworld, Left Alive and Babylon's Fall in just the last 5 years, each of which must've been at least in the running for worst game of the year by a major publisher.

They would need a lot of work to get to the level of consistency where Sony would see them as a good investment.

Now this thing where Square talked about selling parts of certain IP's or whatever to co-publish them, might be a different story, but I'm not even sure if that is still on the table. Haven't heard them talk about that in a long time, I feel.

Square-Enix is firmly in "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" territory. Only logical reason would be if someone else was planning to buy them up.

Square Soft was a powerhouse, Square-Enix not so much. I guess Sony could potentially be interested in some of the cross media properties and non-gaming stuff that they operate in Japan.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Playing the FF16 demo is awesome! I didn't even realize I was playing quality mode. If every 30fps game played like this, I wouldn't mind games switching back to 30 at all. the problem is when it's 30 and also inconsistent.

TaleBknB

Alt-Account
Banned
May 19, 2022
Square-Enix is firmly in "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?" territory. Only logical reason would be if someone else was planning to buy them up.

Square Soft was a powerhouse, Square-Enix not so much. I guess Sony could potentially be interested in some of the cross media properties and non-gaming stuff that they operate in Japan.
Sony does not get anything from Square "for free"

They paid a huge amount of money for FF7 and FF16, and they even help on de development and marketing. This is absolutely not something they get just because of friendship or whatever. And Square is OK with this because they don't have a better option right now.

This is not a situation set on stone.

TranceStation

alt account
Banned
Feb 24, 2023
Oh can´t wait to get home and play FFXVI demo !
Funny enough when I realised yesterday that demo was coming out I decided to give it a go on FFVIIR Intergrade Mission, made all my way trough Nero but wasn´t able to beat it twice and had to sleep to come to work so I´ll finish it today and right after that jump into XVI demo.
It´ll be interesting to jump XVI right after playing VII DLC.
Also had a great gaming wekeend finished Kena and loved it, beat all 3 lords and the final boss on RE8VR and loved every second of it, started and almost finished Integrade.
This is way more than I game usually and I´m happy I could make a lot of progress on these.
My next game will be Sackboy and now that I cleared some of the titles I was playing if the XVI demo really hook me I´ll be there day one/a week after release !

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Rebirth still worked in their favor because it's an exclusive. So, even though it wasn't shown at their Showcase it still resulted in people talking about it and the PS5. MHW2 will presumably be multiplatform, so that wouldn't work the same even if Sony's got co-marketing for it.
So even less reason to have MHW at their showcase. Also Nintendo have a bunch of MH content associated with them too. MHW2 (if it exists) is multiplatform. Besides the amount of pining for Dragon's Dogma 2 this forum was doing, capcom announced it themselves at the anniversary, and finally shows up at showcase and no one really cared.

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 5 (United States) PlayStation 5 (United States): PSN S50 Card/Code (US only!) - Won by modiz modiz (44 entries)

Status
Not open for further replies.