Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Well at least we got this dude
latest
d1te5ql-ace1c0b8-858a-44bf-ad9b-c32add7fb64e.jpg

I like Cait Sith, but not as much I like Vincent.

But Sephiroth playable? Now we talking lol

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Earth Defense Force 6 coming to Asia in English in 2024

Clouded Leopard Entertainment will release third-person shooter Earth Defense Force 6 for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 in Asia in English in 2024, the publisher announced. The Asian version will…

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQac6DjgI4

www.gematsu.com

Project Mugen ‘Disclosure of Production Information’ developer diary [Update]

Publisher NetEase Games and developer Naked Rain have released a new developer diary for “urban open-world RPG” Project Mugen.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmTgg2Tg7GQ

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
www.gematsu.com

Earth Defense Force 6 coming to Asia in English in 2024

Clouded Leopard Entertainment will release third-person shooter Earth Defense Force 6 for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 in Asia in English in 2024, the publisher announced. The Asian version will…

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQac6DjgI4

www.gematsu.com

Project Mugen ‘Disclosure of Production Information’ developer diary [Update]

Publisher NetEase Games and developer Naked Rain have released a new developer diary for “urban open-world RPG” Project Mugen.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmTgg2Tg7GQ

Thank you for sharing?
Portodutch want to make the threads sharing?

I'm still barely functional lol

Edit: I did the thread

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I prefer Bungie over Activision and King. Blizzard? Nah.
In the sense that a $70 billion acquisition is extremely difficult for Sony, I think Jim's answer about the relative value between the two has some merit. But ABK brings Mobile and PC in ways that Sony will have to spend considerably more on targets to attempt to rival, if growing outside of the console space is indeed their goal.

As long as casuals continue to buy the PS5 in spades for FIFA and CoD, I don't think Sony cares about the gaming press nor the hardcore gaming community's discussions.
The Bungie acquisition is far more astute and fitting strategically than the other one.

Won't speak on the other acquisition.

OceanSky

Nov 22, 2021
What are your 3 most anticipated games on PS5 right now, Spider fever excluded?

Mine:

3. Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
FF7 Remake already had unevenness and pacing issues so I have my doubts they can fill this with 100 hours of quality content, but damn that trailer was great.

2. Death Stranding 2
The first one had an amazingly innovative and addicting gameplay loop. If they double down on traversal and write something decent it will be a personal nominee.

1. Hades 2
Because Hades.
I'm gonna separate, announced and unannounced games, lol.

Announced:

. Wolverine
2. Death Stranding 2

Unannounced:

Bend Studios next game (hopefully MIB game )
2. Bluepoint's next game (After playing Demon's Soul on launch day, I can't wait for their next project to be announced.)
3. Ghost of Tsushima 2

Hopefully, we'll have another showcase after Spidey's launch. I can't imagine finishing 2023 without a proper showcase.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Oh god I already feel like I need to go on FF7 blackout!

Everything sounds so perfect I can't believe we get to play it in under 6 months 😭

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Ronin & Stellar Blade might for next year.

Or TGA 2023 or anything in between today until 31st December 2023. 🤷‍♂️

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Checked my wall of shame yesterday before playing Horizon Forbidden West and Ass Creed Origins is in first place with like 80 something hours, Days Gone second with 77 and Genshin Impact third with 63 hours.

Damn those are some lame rookie/casual numbers, I need to play more GT7 lol.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Shoutout to Angie for having all the morning news ready on the front page when I wake up lol

Checked my wall of shame yesterday before playing Horizon Forbidden West and Ass Creed Origins is in first place with like 80 something hours, Days Gone second with 77 and Genshin Impact third with 63 hours.

Damn those are some lame rookie/casual numbers, I need to play more GT7 lol.
Gotta pump those Genshin numbers up ;P

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta pump those Genshin numbers up ;P

I hit a wall in Genshin after 60 hours and I didn't want to play daily stuff for hours just to grind away and get further in the story. I really loved the environments, characters, combat, story etc. but these GaaS/Gacha mechanics just aren't for me and I'm not gonna start emptying my wallet uncontrollably 😂.

My backlog is filled with great games anyway.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Insomniac filmed the "Gold" video right after San Diego Comic Con judging by the actors' outfits.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021

Mine:

FF7 Remake already had unevenness and pacing issues so I have my doubts they can fill this with 100 hours of quality content, but damn that trailer was great.

2. Death Stranding 2
The first one had an amazingly innovative and addicting gameplay loop. If they double down on traversal and write something decent it will be a personal nominee.

1. Hades 2
Because Hades.
3. Marathon
2. Marvel's Wolverine
1. GTA VI

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020

1. Rise of Ronin
I can never get enough of samurai games and Team Ninja knows what they are talking about considering how good the Nioh games are. This new game looks like a big step-up in the cinematic/scope direction and I will support it no matter what.

2. Unicorn Overlord
Vanillaware produces genre-defying experience each new game they ship, they literally cannot miss. Also I greatly enjoyed the recent Tactics Ogre remake, so I'm in the right mood for this.

3. Honkai Star Rail
I've been playing Genshin Impact since launch and I've gotten to the point where I know basically everything the game has to offer to me. So I am looking forward in starting a new experience with a similar framework, eventhough I don't expect the same level of depth in content.

Yeah, I am big on Japanese/Asian games.

Honorable mentions :
Spider-Man 2
Death Stranding 2
Stellar Blade
Hades 2
Persona 3 Reload
Metaphor Re:Fantaszio
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Yakuza 8
Granblue Re:Link
The next Battlefield

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021

Mine:

2. Death Stranding 2

1. Hades 2
Because Hades.

I honestly couldn't pick 3 at the moment there are so many games scheduled that I am excited for/to see more of

Rebirth
Relink
P3 Reloaded
Wolverine
DD2
MGS3 Remake
Phantom Blade 0
Rise of the Ronin
Lost Soul Aside
Stellar Blade
Even Avatar looks great
And probably forgetting a bunch more

Rebirth has shot up though to the top of the list after the previews this morning

zeta50

Apr 24, 2023
Wonder if Helldivers 2 is going to get a full campaign that be played solo or coop, as well as co-op missions. Probably not, but it would make a full retail release rather than going FTP more plausible.
I think (but I may stand corrected) that H2 is "online only" (in the trailer they warn "PS Plus required for gameplay").

H1 had a solo mode but it clearly wasn't the focus of the experience.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna separate, announced and unannounced games, lol.

Announced:

. Wolverine
2. Death Stranding 2

Unannounced:

Bend Studios next game (hopefully MIB game )
2. Bluepoint's next game (After playing Demon's Soul on launch day, I can't wait for their next project to be announced.)
3. Ghost of Tsushima 2

Hopefully, we'll have another showcase after Spidey's launch. I can't imagine finishing 2023 without a proper showcase.

If we're talking unnanounced, for me it would be:
1. New Housemarque IP
2. New Naughty Dog, whether it's TLoU Part 3 or something else
3. Cory's game. I really wonder what he's cooking.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Cultivating a culture of payment is good for the industry and the developers.

Generally but I think that games like Helldivers would benefit from being on PS+. Allows for it to have a better chance of finding a long term audience. That said, we don't know what else it has on offer content wise so I can't say it'll do badly if it's sold at full price.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017

Mine:

2. Death Stranding 2

1. Hades 2
Because Hades.

So many games on the horizon, today I'll go with these three:

Star Wars Outlaws - looks like a serious GOTY contender to me.

Crimson Desert - this game looks bonkers and it's not a MMO, like I falsely assumed.

Resident Evil 4 PSVRemake this is gonna be so good, I can't wait!

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Great lists you all. Some games I had completely forgotten about!

I think Q4 is actually pretty weak on PS5 (though the year is exceptional as a whole).

Q1 24 looks much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.