• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Dust this game outsold BB and match ARMS sales.

www.resetera.com

Tales of Arise sold more than 2.7 million copies worldwide Sales

https://www.4gamer.net/games/464/G046403/20231102032/

Let that sink in

no-snow.gif

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Bloodborne sales would shock you.
It's a joke 😝

www.resetera.com

If ARMS was a failure at only 2.72 million sold, does this mean Bloodborne was a failure too since it only sold 2 million?

Given that Bloodborne only sold 2 million as per the last confirmed numbers and it has yet to get a sequel (must like ARMS which has similar sales numbers and was similarly well received) perhaps Sony/From view it as a failure and this is why we have no gotten any news about it pretty much since...

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
After the Bloodborne movie crosses $1b and the remaster sells five million in its first week ending with Bloodborne 2 having the biggest Sony 1st party launch of all time...

Everyone shall apologize, Angie especially 😤

Azn012

May 17, 2022

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The "Sony delaying half a dozen GAAS to 2026" topic made me realize that I for the first time in like a decade have not a single big (Spider-Man/God of War/Horizon-tier) single player game to look forward to. :(
Do we have any idea when Wolverine is set to release? It's the only game I have remotely on the radar.

Did Sony actually, despite them claiming the opposite, put almost all their eggs in the GAAS basket?

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
You know what would help Sony sell even more PS5?

Announcing some first party titles 😅
The dichotomy from PS4 to this gen is funny to watch unfold. They announced most of their big games fairly early on in the gen - GOW, TLOU2, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima all in the span of 12-18 months, so it felt like PS4 was stacked. There's even more first party games in dev now, they just haven't blown their whole load like last time, so mentally people are wondering "where are teh games!?"

It's just a difference in approach.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The "Sony delaying half a dozen GAAS to 2026" topic made me realize that I for the first time in like a decade have not a single big (Spider-Man/God of War/Horizon-tier) single player game to look forward to. :(
Do we have any idea when Wolverine is set to release? It's the only game I have remotely on the radar.
I can't imagine Wolverine is before 2025.

ToddBonzalez

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Death Stranding 2 and Rise of the Ronin will be their big single player games of 2024. Probably no big single player releases from 1st party studios.

Azn012

May 17, 2022
I think Death Stranding 2 and Rise of the Ronin will be their big single player games of 2024. Probably no big single player releases from 1st party studios.
The roadmap for Sony next year is pretty clear imo. People just don't want to accept it.

I do expect announcements but no AAA single player games releases from ps studios.( I don't count the gowr dlc.)

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
The dichotomy from PS4 to this gen is funny to watch unfold. They announced most of their big games fairly early on in the gen - GOW, TLOU2, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima all in the span of 12-18 months, so it felt like PS4 was stacked. There's even more first party games in dev now, they just haven't blown their whole load like last time, so mentally people are wondering "where are teh games!?"

We saw Spider-Man 3 E3s in a row. That seems so wild now.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
Let's do some way too early metacritic predictions for the potential next year game lineup:

GoW Expansion: 85
Helldivers 2: 83
Rise of Ronin: 85
Concord: 80 (its a multiplayer game only that has little effect on its future potential and popularity) could also been the 70's
FF7 Rebirth: 88
DS2: 87

I don't see any of these game being below an 80 but I don't see any of them cracking 90.

I may be puffing hopium here.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Let's do some way too early metacritic predictions for the potential next year game lineup:

Concord: 80 (its a multiplayer game only that has little effect on its future potential and popularity)

I don't see any of these game being below an 80 but I don't see any of them cracking 90.

DS2: 96. Critics finally understand the strand genre.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017

Concord: 80 (its a multiplayer game only that has little effect on its future potential and popularity) could also been the 70's

Final Fantasy will go back to 90s club with Rebirth. BELIEVE!

Jul 2, 2021

Not having a showcase in 2022 and a showcase with CG trailers for their live-service games in 2023 certainly is a different approach.

psyrus

Aug 10, 2023

With Death Stranding and Kojima, reviewers won't be able to say it's an "iterative sequel" or it's "more of the same", so it will have that going for it.
FF7 Rebirth is a 90+ game.

ToddBonzalez

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well that's already announced (for this year no less lol, although obviously that's next year at this point), Shinobi is pointing to something else.
I forgot about Stellar Blade. I have zero interest in it lol. Hopefully Shinobi is hinting at something that isn't that.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's other stuff. Whether it makes it or not is another question of course lol.

IMO at best we will see one new game announced and released in 2024. Like others have said, I'm not expecting to get more than what we already know. But feel free to share anything you can (hint hint wink wink)

2024 is all about whether Death Stranding 2 and/or Wolverine hit. There is Factions but who knows what is going on with that project.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Patience is this place's greatest enemy.
I mean, I kinda get it because 2024 looks a little dry from a first-party standpoint, but even if you're only playing on PlayStation, it's not like there isn't a lot of truly amazing stuff to play, new and old.

Still, everyone wants a little something to look forward to, and when you're focused on PlayStation Studios, it's understandable why some people might be a little disappointed right now.

Identity

Dec 3, 2018
Don't forget Lost Soul Aside is supposed to be out next year too, plus whatever else is cooking with the China Hero Project that piques their interest to publish.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I frequently see people talk about how all the top independent studios have been bought up and there aren't any left. That's silly to me! There's countless "unknown" studios out there. New studios are always popping pop. Dev scenes in countries like China, Korea, and India breaking into the console scene. Great example is Neowiz who just released Lies of P. It's easy to forgot that your favorite studios were all nobodies at one point.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I kinda get it because 2024 looks a little dry from a first-party standpoint, but even if you're only playing on PlayStation, it's not like there isn't a lot of truly amazing stuff to play, new and old.

Still, everyone wants a little something to look forward to, and when you're focused on PlayStation Studios, it's understandable why some people might be a little disappointed right now.
Wolverine, Rise of The Ronin, Stellar Blade, & DS2 are a little something to look forward to. During last gen Sony blew their wad with announcements and we were just waiting. I'd rather wait for the unknown than wait for the known. Also people are always going to be unsatisfied. If a game is announced, they want a trailer, if a trailer is released they want a date, when the games comes out they want to know what is next. I think we all need to go back a bit to enjoying games a bit more instead of looking and hoping for the news on the next thing. People act like Sony stopped making games.

Status
Not open for further replies.