Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Put me in the camp that doesn't see much for them in 2024 at the moment. For my tastes, it's looking pretty sparse.

Space Marine 2 and Bloodlines 2 are my only for sure purchases; both of which are in the second half of the year. Everything else is a pass or a maybe.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
Announced for 2023 but no date:
Stella Blade (probably a 2024 game at this point)

Announced for 2024:
The Last of Us Part 2: Remastered (Jan 19th)
Helldivers 2 (Feb 9th)
Destiny 2: The Final Shape (June 4th)
Concord
Rise of Ronin
Lost Soul Aside
MLB: The Show 2024 (eternal)

Announced with no window:
Death Stranding 2
Wolverine
TLOU: Factions (Status is unclear at the moment)
FairGame$
Marathon

We already have a very good idea of what Sony is developing and/or publishing over the next ~18 months.
If they manage to release Death Stranding 2 in 2024 I think that is a great lineup. Even if it slips to 2025, it would be more than fine in my opinion, it just would lack a "big" game.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
No Return mode seems like it could be a nice appetizer to prepare for what TLOU Online could offer. I've seen a lot of folks lament that they wanted No Return to be co-op, but it's understandable why ND wouldn't pursue that if they were making TLOU Online alongside it. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some parallels in how certain things are implemented.

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
Don't forget to claim these PSN Avatars
Code: DGNJ-4J45-6DQB
ps-plus-season-of-play-avatars-image-block-02-23nov23

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Started Jedi survivor and this is the uncharted sequel naughty dog doesn't have time to make. It has adventure vibes and the gameplay is just cool. A delightful game.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Started Jedi survivor and this is the uncharted sequel naughty dog doesn't have time to make. It has adventure vibes and the gameplay is just cool. A delightful game.
I just wish they had fully leaned into the Uncharted influences, with some Metroidvania, and took out all the Souls-like junk.

I dropped the first game during a big fight on the Kashyyk level. I really wanted to like it, but the Souls-like bullshit completely ruined it for me. I absolutely fucking hate that shit, so frustrating.

Didn't help that I had been stuck on some dumb puzzle forever in a prior level inside some temple, and when I finally gave up and looked it up, it turned out my game had glitched and it was impossible to continue. Had to load up an old save and lost hours of progress. So by the time I died a millon times on Kashyyk, losing all my experience and shit constantly, I was ready to just drop it.

GamerEDM

May 7, 2020
Question: If PS5 pro gets announced will rockstar be forced to develop a version for GTA6 if it wants to release any version on playstation? Or is it up to Rockstar?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
No Return allows players to choose their own path and test their skills across runs of randomized encounters, throwing you into familiar spaces from The Last of Us Part II's campaign, like Jackson, the Channel 13 News Station, and many more. These scenarios will be unfamiliar and even unexpected, though, with unique gameplay twists. But be warned: death is permanent in No Return, so if you fail a run midway, you'll lose all weapons, items, and upgrades accumulated for that run and begin again with a fresh set of randomized scenarios. How you progress during any given run isn't pre-defined – throughout a run, players will have to choose between different encounters, which will determine not only the type of gameplay mode you tackle, but also what rewards you may unlock, what potential modifiers you'll encounter, and more. And in between each combat scenario, you'll return to a Hideout, where you can prep and choose your next fight via a path laid out on a corkboard in these familiar locations.

That next run will be unique from the one before it, offering a fresh set of encounters each time you play. No Return's challenges fall into four different types – Assault, which pits you against waves of enemies; Capture, in which you have to break into a safe full of valuable supplies enemies are guarding; Holdout, during which you and an AI-controlled buddy defend against Infected swarming around you; and Hunted, in which you need to survive until the timer runs out against continuous enemy reinforcements.
Each type can take place in a variety of locations, and to continue ensuring each run feels fresh and distinct from what's come before, Mods will randomly be applied to encounters. Choosing to take on modded challenges affects the rewards you'll receive. We don't want to spoil the full list, but these will test your skills in some fun and surprising ways, including mods like enemies dropping pipe bombs upon death, a thick fog enveloping the encounter map, and more. We're excited for fans to experience the full suite of Mods in-game, as they offer some truly exciting twists to any given encounter.
In addition to purely trying to survive a run, No Return offers a host of metagame objectives and unlockables that carry over from run to run, so that even if you can't quite make it to a boss fight, you're still working toward new characters, skins, and more.

No Return will be playable as soon as you boot up The Last of Us Part II Remastered, though we encourage newcomers to play the campaign first to get a handle on gameplay. For both new and returning players, this mode is designed to challenge your skills, and while it does offer tutorial information, having a solid basis of the fundamentals of our combat system is recommended. Whatever your prior experience with The Last of Us, we hope No Return will offer something fresh and unexpected.
blog.playstation.com

The Last of Us Part II Remastered: Exploring the roguelike survival mode, No Return

Learn about the characters, gameplay twists, and more of Part II Remastered’s brand-new mode.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
After Gow 2018 almost cost his marriage and lots of his mental health I cant imagine that he will ever direct an AAA Game again
We dont know what was the problem with his marriage and I dont think he would stay in SSM if he didint want to direct an AAA game. He would have create his own studio as Bruce Straley did.

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
Oct 27, 2017
Question: If PS5 pro gets announced will rockstar be forced to develop a version for GTA6 if it wants to release any version on playstation? Or is it up to Rockstar?
"Forced" is a strong word, but if the Pro comes out before the game then, yes, there will be some level of support for PS5 Pro. If the game comes out before the Pro then I imagine it'll be up to Rockstar; GTAV never got PS4 Pro or One X support for example just as how RDR2 doesn't have a next gen version.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
Exactly! I've played 12 hours so far and, if it wasn't for the technical issues, this game would probably be in my top 3 of this year.
I thought Jedi:Order was solid, but nothing special. This genuinely blows the first game out of the water and has been the best Star Wars experience I've had in more than a decade. Especially the world design is very fun, the art design and visuals are top tier and the cast of characters in your crew is a lot more fleshed out.
My only major complaint - why did they limit you to 2 active stances?! I should have access to any stance whenever I want without visiting a work bench or meditation place.
If the second half of this adventure doesn't suddenly fall off a cliff, I might actually like this even more than Spider-Man 2.

Jedi:Survivor is definitely my biggest surprise of the year. Expected a good time, been having an amazing time so far!

IonMagus

Banned
Feb 18, 2021
We dont know what was the problem with his marriage and I dont think he would stay in SSM if he didint want to direct an AAA game. He would have create his own studio as Bruce Straley did.

I mean he wanted less stress and responsibilities. And opening an own Studio would make both way worse lol.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Ooo didn't expect No Return previews this early with B-roll footage even. 😯

Any full no commentary video?

1 gift from sujay

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from sujay!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

sujay said:

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 5 (NA) PlayStation 5 (NA): 5 PSN Avatars - Won by SilverX SilverX (4 entries)

Nathan

Oct 27, 2017
PS+ Essential games for December 2023 are available now! (Dec 5 - Jan 1)

Lego 2K Drive | PS4, PS5 | MSRP $69.99

LEGO® 2K Drive Cross-Gen Standard Edition

Driving Made Awesomer

PowerWash Simulator | PS4, PS5 | MSRP $24.99

PowerWash Simulator

Release the Pressure with PowerWash Simulator Wash away your worries with the soothing sounds of high-pressure water. Fire up your power washer and blast away every speck of dirt and grime you can find. Build your own power-washing business and unlock new tools, upgrades and more – all with the...
Free DLC:

PowerWash Simulator Midgar Special Pack

Your PowerWashing services are needed in Midgar Experience Final Fantasy VII like never before as you’re commissioned to clean up some of its most iconic vehicles and locations. Combine the super-soothing fun of PowerWash Simulator with the gritty and gripping world of Final Fantasy VII. It...

Tomb Raider Special Pack

Whilst some seek the thrill of adventure, others prefer good clean fun - that’s where you come in Grapple with grime in the ultimate quest to defeat all dirt covering Croft Manor and its grounds, along with Lara’s trusty vehicles. Lara’s childhood home is impressive but in need of some serious...

Sable | PS5 | MSRP $24.99

Sable

FIND YOURSELF

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You guys really need to stop trying to psychoanalyze developers and their future plans lol

Come on. You mean disecting an interview that Neil Druckman game three years ago isn't going to get us any closer to finding out what the next Naughty Dog single player game is???

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
I love everything about 40K except the space marines. I know it's a heretical opinion. I just think the struggles of regular Guard soldiers is more compelling than the space marines who are just walking tropes.

That's why I love Darktide so much. Playing it on Xbox Game Pass, I love it enough I'd consider buying it on PS5.
I don't see Space Marines as "Walking Tropes". In fact, each Chapter has its personality and codes of conduct. I highly recommend watching the latest CGI series called "Pariah Nexus" where you can see a Salamander in combat.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of cars. I finally bit the bullet on Gran Turismo 7 since it was $30 at Best Buy. Also recently got a 4k TV so I wanted to see all the racing glory in 4k.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I know it's not remotely interesting but I always do the Leonardo DiCaprio pointing meme whenever a PS5 is given away during a game show. It was given away at a Let's Make A Deal primetime show!

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Rumor is that they'll have no games to reveal or announce. It's just 2 hours of Herald of Darkness non-stop, occasionally interrupted by awards.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding 2 is basically the only game in the hype trailer which isn't nominated. So I think it's close to a lock being there
That's true.
Sony's likely 2024 games are:
DS2
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade
Helldivers 2
Concord

Wouldn't be surprised if we get trailers for at least 2-3 of those. TGAs seems to be a good place to ramp up marketing for a game releasing next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.