• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
y20aju%2Fpreview%2F55172376%2Fmain_large.gif
The camera cut really hurts that gif lol

Jul 2, 2021
The interest in the free god of war dlc is really average despite its high production value. According to trophy stats around 45 % beat the base game and around 15 % made it to first story related trophy in the dlc. I guess it is higher than paid dlc but why are the other 66 % not interested in the dlc who beat the game? Perhaps they all sold their physical game. Or they already got enough from god war.
I had a look at other sony releases with big free updates like Returnal or Ghost of Tsushima and they paint a similar picture.
Some people sell their games after a few months. One of the benefits of owning your (physical) games.
I find it fascinating how different some games are received by the community. I was indifferent to the first and didn't like MM, but the 2nd is so good I platinumed it. The story and the Kraven Arc are incredible and I didn't stop until a spectacular climax.
And I did not preorder, I bought the game after the very good reviews.
Yeah it's weird sometimes. Lol. But people have different opinions so it happens. I think they handled the story in SM2 well. First half was Kraven and the second one was for Venom. It started with the Kraven arc so they can slowly build the Venom arc in the background. Just like they did with Martin Li and Doc Ock in the first Spider-Man game.
Metro is a fan of Ghost Of Tsushima. Who knew.
353.gif

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
For some reason it completely broke now haha. Well, that was my short career as a gif maker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you used a site to make a gif and then linked from there it usually doesn't last long, better to download it then upload it yourself to imgur to post 😁

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Ronin looks intriguing but I have some irrational thoughts that if I were to play it, I might get samurai overload and not look forward to the next Ghosts game (whenever/if ever that releases).

I can thank Bethesda for this. I played so much Oblivion back during the PS3 days that when Skyrim came out, it felt like a re-skinned clone. I tried Fallout 4 and had the same issue. I'm so burnt out on their formula that losing that studio to MS didn't cause me much grief.

Is it just me? I don't seem to have this issue with many other games that have similar premises. For some reason, I'd hate to get Ronin and constantly compare it to Ghosts.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
If you used a site to make a gif and then linked from there it usually doesn't last long, better to download it then upload it yourself to imgur to post 😁
Lol that was probably it :D

Ronin looks intriguing but I have some irrational thought that if I were to play it, I might get samurai overload and not look forward to the next Ghosts game (whenever/if ever that releases).

I can thank Bethesda for this. I played so much Oblivion back during the PS3 days that when Skyrim came out, it felt like a re-skinned clone. I tried Fallout 4 and had the same issue. I'm so burnt out on their formula that losing that studio to MS didn't cause me much grief.

Is it just me? I don't seem to have this issue with many other games that have similar premises. For some reason, I'd hate to get Ronin and constantly compare it to Ghosts.
I guess the difference would be that in this case it would be two completely different developers. Both games will probably have in some aspects completely different design philosophies. But it get what your saying.

Last edited:

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
Ronin looks intriguing but I have some irrational thoughts that if I were to play it, I might get samurai overload and not look forward to the next Ghosts game (whenever/if ever that releases).

I think the games will be different enough for me in both how they play and are narratively.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
There are flashes of footage and details making Rise of Ronin sound almost like GTA: Feudal Japan... that would be so hype tbh. A nice contrast to the style of Ghost.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
He also has the Xbox project, and we know that he worked on the director's cut for Death Stranding 1. Kojima is definitely not a one project guy anymore.
I dont think the Directors Cut took a lot of resources and I doubt the Xbox game has took developers from the Death Stranding 2. It seems to be a lot more early in development and Kojima said it was a smaller game.

But maybe you are right and the studio's attention is more divided now. Lets hope we get some new info soon.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I missed it last week, but famous AV9G PlayStation leaker Diandong Langke Lu Xun posted a new thread on December 22 titled "Early Christmas Quiz": https://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-8954978-1-1.html

fENNHIH.png

Before anyone gets too excited, it looks like this is just the release date of the Granblue Fantasy: Relink demo:
  • January 12, 2024 date
  • "Un(re)lated to Nintendo" kart pictured next to Link
  • Blue stars from Granblue Fantasy Fes 2023 promo art
7xyXmvR.png

Cygames has only officially announced that the demo will launch in January.

That being said, it's nice to get something new from Xun. Hopefully Shin Megami Tensei V: Complete Edition is eventually revealed since this guy doesn't really miss. If I were to guess, ATLUS is probably just trying to figure out when to release it considering how insane next year is.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I missed it last week, but famous AV9G PlayStation leaker Diandong Langke Lu Xun posted a new thread on December 22 titled "Early Christmas Quiz": https://bbs.a9vg.com/thread-8954978-1-1.html

fENNHIH.png

Before anyone gets too excited, it looks like this is just the release date of the Granblue Fantasy: Relink demo:
  • January 12, 2024 date
  • "Un(re)lated to Nintendo" kart pictured next to Link
  • Blue stars from Granblue Fantasy Fes 2023 promo art
7xyXmvR.png

Cygames has only officially announced that the demo will launch in January.

That being said, it's nice to get something new from Xun. Hopefully Shin Megami Tensei V: Complete Edition is eventually revealed since this guy doesn't really miss. If I were to guess, ATLUS is probably just trying to figure out when to release it considering how insane next year is.

Nice, it's quite soon! Btw Sal, do you reckon Famitsu will also publish their end year interviews this time?

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Callisto Protocol last night. I totally get that the game on release was buggy and unpolished, especially on PC, but the game I played on PS5 in 2023 was a lot of fun and I'm already doing a new game plus run.

But again, I played it via PS Plus, not sure I would have felt the same way paying $70 for it without the DLC lol.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Finished Callisto Protocol last night. I totally get that the game on release was buggy and unpolished, especially on PC, but the game I played on PS5 in 2023 was a lot of fun and I'm already doing a new game plus run.

But again, I played it via PS Plus, not sure I would have felt the same way paying $70 for it without the DLC lol.
I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would based on the responses to it, enough to buy the dlc too

I also probably wouldn't have bought it, at least not until a good price came along, so I'm glad they added it to plus.

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would based on the responses to it, enough to buy the dlc too

I also probably wouldn't have bought it, at least not until a good price came along, so I'm glad they added it to plus.

Haha yeah I bought the DLC right after finishing too! For me it's the perfect use for PS Plus - launch might not have been the best time to play but playing a year later and "risk" free? Hell yeah.

Hanzo

Dec 10, 2023

Glad you enjoyed it. I did too. Maybe not for 70€.
Like Days Gone. I played a few months after release with bugs fixed, and enjoyed a lot. Too bad we won't be getting sequels for those two new IP.

Maliq

Oct 26, 2017

I can see this happening for Bethesda games as they all have the same approach to game design but in different settings. Ronin is going to play very very differently than Tsushima though... It's also not going to be as pretty and almost certainly will have a much worse story.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
6 before March 2026.

There is another 6 post March 2026 or maybe 5 now that Factions is no more but 6 before 2026 of March.

6 MP games that aren't MLB The Shows (maybe).

I can probably guess them.
3f1bd2f20b06047e0f029d44c909a2a58b45e7fc6ae1dd0f.jpg

8348342043fa487a369789a7ca83274595d4bd82.jpg
fairgames-pc-game-cover.jpg

That's 3.

marathonthumb-1685022943759.jpg
playstation-london-studio-ps5-multiplayer-game.jpg

Now it is 5. With Factions it is 6 but let's say Factions isn't part of that... it isn't anymore anyway.
FniMuc2WYAE981E.jpg:large

Now it is 6. Idk if London's game will be before 2026 though. Deviations game is possibly dead but there is some smoke of a replacement with ex Deviation, doing something else. Also clearly not before 2026.

Maybe I should include MLB The Show... 3 of them, 3. Makes you understand how much time has passed once March 2026 comes rolling in.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
So Sony is not going to have a big first party game for 2024??

Known so far for SIE published games:

Helldivers 2
Concord
MLB 24
Destiny 2 The Final Shape
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade
The Last of Us Part 2 Remastered

Also Lost Souls Aside could be 2024 based off some online searches

That's the first half of the year, no doubt the second half will become more clear in time. For example DS2 very well could be late 2024. Plus of course there's all the console exclusive stuff to flesh out their lineup even further

Rixam

Jan 2, 2023
6 before March 2026.

There is another 6 post March 2026 or maybe 5 now that Factions is no more but 6 before 2026 of March.

That's 3.

Now it is 5. With Factions it is 6 but let's say Factions isn't part of that... it isn't anymore anyway.

Now it is 6. Idk if London's game will be before 2026 though. Deviations game is possibly dead but there is some smoke of a replacement with ex Deviation, doing something else. Also clearly not before 2026.

Maybe I should include MLB The Show... 3 of them, 3. Makes you understand how much time has passed once March 2026 comes rolling in.
I'd take out Marathon as it's not PlayStation Studios (might be some day) and replace it with Twisted Metal from Firesprite. I imagine they'll want it out somewhat close to Season 2 of the show

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
6 before March 2026.

That's 3.

If Sony manages to get six live service games off the ground in a 26 month period, that will be impressive.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
6 before March 2026.

That's 3.

Realistically (i.e. conservatively) I think we're going to have four new GaaS games before March 2026. Helldivers and Concord this year. Marathon next year and maybe Fairgame$ before March 2026. London Studios project (provided they're not shut down and their project doesn't get cancelled) will be in 2026 as well. Horizon Online might be a surprise MP title in 2024/2025 though.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Checked out Earth Defense Force 5 on PS plus extra.

What the fuck. I'm having so much fun with this PS2 ass looking game 😂

Powerwasher simulator on the other hand, I don't know what some of you see in it. If I wanted to simulate manual labor and pick over every inch of something I need to clean I'd just do it in real life and get paid 😂

Clippy

Feb 11, 2022
As an exclusives machine 2024 is gonna be a year of catching up on the PS5, which is fine by me - I need to catch up. Ronin looks cool, and everything else I can miss.

I guess you can maybe count Destiny, since I pay for that every year, but I don't count it. I've been playing it since forever and don't play it on the PS ecosystem, and it's meaningless to me that Sony owns it.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Sony's Feel It Now campaign has been ubiquitous. Seeing it all over the place, especially in the movie theaters. No wonder their sales growth has been almost exponential in all territories.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
They need an early showcase so Jimbo can make one last appearance. He needs to drop a controversial quote as his last thing as well, just so people can still bring it up in ten years time.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
6 before March 2026.

That's 3.

Literally all shooters. Absolutely asinine, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.