Status
Not open for further replies.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
I sure hope we get a showcase in May or whenever to see what PS is doing for the second half of 2024 to 2025. Sony REALLY needs to avoid being arrogant this time with XBOX really picking up steam and Switch 2 coming this year. (IDK for sure but it is heavily rumored)

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Stole from discord

image0.jpg

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So in No Return, apparently you don't have to play as a specific character to complete all their challenges? I just completed a Jesse challenge while playing as Tommy.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
A Tekken 3 Remake would be something. I was so obsessed with that game.
Id just take a port of the PS1 version... though Gon might still be a licensing nightmare... but considering stuff like Tekken Force and Volleyball, Id not want to give up all those glorious extras added to the game over the arcade version.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022

L11ghtman

Jan 19, 2022
Do PS3 games look any better streaming than they used to? I'm tempted to re-sub to a higher tier to stream some older games on PS+, but when I last tried a few games they looked like vaseline was smeared over the screen. (For reference, I stream GeForce Now flawlessly, it's not an internet thing)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What sort of mature themes would you prefer in your mature games?

There are lots of themes that you can talk about in a mature story that aren't "angry protagonist murders everyone in their path on their way to murder a specific person who wronged them". Frankly, the "angry protagonist who is somehow justified in killing a few hundred people because one guy pissed him off" archetype is a pretty immature story concept, I think. It has the creative energy of every meathead action movie.

Tell stories about political conflicts. Acceptance in a world that doesn't want you. Trying to pursue one's dreams when one barely has the time to breathe. Understanding one's own identity and all that comes with it.

Mature stories don't need to - and shouldn't - hinge on an endless carousel of meathead violence.

Yogi.

Feb 3, 2023
There are lots of themes that you can talk about in a mature story that aren't "angry protagonist murders everyone in their path on their way to murder a specific person who wronged them". Frankly, the "angry protagonist who is somehow justified in killing a few hundred people because one guy pissed him off" archetype is a pretty immature story concept, I think. It has the creative energy of every meathead action movie.

Tell stories about political conflicts. Acceptance in a world that doesn't want you. Trying to pursue one's dreams when one barely has the time to breathe. Understanding one's own identity and all that comes with it.

Mature stories don't need to - and shouldn't - hinge on an endless carousel of meathead violence.

Yup Mature has been used as a buzzword for rampant/shocking violence in gaming since the 90s. We are seeing more mature stories in gaming in the past decade but it's mostly in the indie scene.

When some dev describes their game as mature I can just guess their protagonist is gonna be a complete asshole who brutally murders people.

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anonymous said:

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 5 (ALL) PlayStation 5 (ALL): Last of Us Part 2 Remastered - Won by Syne Syne (36 entries)

Dec 6, 2023
Very generous and awesome to share an amazing game like this.
I didn't know Lost Levels had directors commentary! super excited to dive in this weekend.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Anonymous coming in here and dropping a giveaway to a new release without further elaboration:

219157.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.