AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
image.png

One of those is not like the others...
🤔

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Really cool how much Bend has been supporting the Classics stuff. Wish other studios would do the same. Hopefully a good PS2 emulator is almost ready so they can open those floodgates.

I'd kill for native versions of the Ratchet and Sly games.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sony isn't going to stick to any strict plan when it comes to announcing games. Some games will be announced 8 months out (Helldivers 2), some will be announced 2 or so years out (Spider-Man 2, God of War: Ragnarok), and some that are 4+ years out (Wolverine, Physint). Each announcement has its reasons for the timing, but Sony doesn't hold everything until close to release to announce and they don't announce everything too far out.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Good to know that the first point is nonsense.

Maybe people on ResetEra will stop repeating "but Sony announces its games close to release now!" which is generally not true at all.

I'm pretty sure that this just applies to ND. Neil said that it's a decision they made because announcing games like Part II and U4 so far in advance just puts unnecessary pressure on their devs.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I have not played a second of Destiny but do you think HD2 has potentially eaten its lunch? Is there hype for new Destiny content?

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
Good to know that the first point is nonsense.

Maybe people on ResetEra will stop repeating "but Sony announces its games close to release now!" which is generally not true at all.
I'm just speaking out of my ass, but if we look at most of Sony's announcement to release times, aren't they usually pretty short on average. Aside form like a Wolverine. Again, not looking at data, just going off the top of my head, and not saying it's a rule at Sony or anything.

While I think it's better than MS' announce games 4-5 years in advance method, I would like a better look at what the future slate of PS. I remember the past years hearing the "PS has so many games up their sleeve" and the "Phase 2" talk, for none of it to really amount to anything. But I've learned to keep my expectations in check now, and I have too many games to play to really care.

wiIdcard

Oct 25, 2018
I'm pretty sure that this just applies to ND. Neil said that it's a decision they made because announcing games like Part II and U4 so far in advance just puts unnecessary pressure on their devs.
In ND case if they will announce a new game this year and release in 2026 it would still be "closer to release" than Part 2 announced in 2016 and released in 2020

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just speaking out of my ass, but if we look at most of Sony's announcement to release times, aren't they usually pretty short on average. Aside form like a Wolverine. Again, not looking at data, just going off the top of my head, and not saying it's a rule at Sony or anything.

While I think it's better than MS' announce games 4-5 years in advance method, I would like a better look at what the future slate of PS. I remember the past years hearing the "PS has so many games up their sleeve" and the "Phase 2" talk, for none of it to really amount to anything. But I've learned to keep my expectations in check now, and I have too many games to play to really care.

Short is a matter of perspective. IMO, short is less than 1 year from announced to released. Others might feel that 2 years or less is short. Right now, 1~2 years out seems to be the current window for most new game announcements. Outliers will always happen though for one reason or another.

In ND case if they will announce a new game this year and release in 2026 it would still be "closer to release" than Part 2 announced in 2016 and released in 2020

Unless Naughty Dog feels really good about hitting a H1 2026 release, I don't think we will see their next game announced this year. They are probably extra sensitive after Factions not working out, so I don't think they are looking to rush an announcement.

wiIdcard

Oct 25, 2018
Unless Naughty Dog feels really good about hitting a H1 2026 release, I don't think we will see their next game announced this year. They are probably extra sensitive after Factions not working out, so I don't think they are looking to rush an announcement.
Yaeh I don't have high hopes for ND announcement this year. There's a bigger chance we will see an announcement from Santa Monica as a surprise "one more thing"

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So after Stellar Blade the new, non remasters, first party games will probably go in the order of.

Destiny 2: Final Shape.

Concord.

New Astro Bot

Death Stranding 2.

Kinda crazy for Concord since we are almost half way into the year and we haven't seen the game's true reveal yet. Maybe at the rumoured showcase?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I have not played a second of Destiny but do you think HD2 has potentially eaten its lunch? Is there hype for new Destiny content?
We will see with Into the Light and eventually Final Shape.

It seems Final Shape preorders are rising up again in thee PS Store.

I assume even if there is cross consumer players that we might see them swap back and fourth between the two instead of one replacing the other.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So after Stellar Blade the new, non remasters, first party games will probably go in the order of.

Destiny 2: Final Shape.

Concord.

New Astro Bot

Death Stranding 2.

Kinda crazy for Concord since we are almost half way into the year and we haven't seen the game's true reveal yet. Maybe at the rumoured showcase?

Concord and Astro Bot could end up being flipped. For all we know, Concord could end up being delayed to 2025. Also, as much as I want to play an Astro Bot game this year, I'm not placing any chips on that bet until it is announced.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Concord and Astro Bot could end up being flipped. For all we know, Concord could end up being delayed to 2025. Also, as much as I want to play an Astro Bot game this year, I'm not placing any chips on that bet until it is announced.
If Astro is announced and releases this year then it will fall into the same release to announce schedule that 2020 had for launch and launch window PS5 games.

I think some other games like TLOU Part 1 had that short release schedule too but I wonder if Sony will go that route for more of their games?

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Astro is announced and releases this year then it will fall into the same release to announce schedule that 2020 had for launch and launch window PS5 games.

I think some other games like TLOU Part 1 had that short release schedule too but I wonder if Sony will go that route for more of their games?
The Until Dawn remaster that was announced in February's SoP is supposed to be this year. Guessing it's a summer title.

They also intended for Helldivers 2 to release like ~5ish months after announcement but that obviously got delayed.

1 gift from manustany

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from manustany manustany!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 5 (Japan) PlayStation 5 (Japan): Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 - Won by Macija Macija (15 entries)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
🧐

Cory's new Twitter header. Time for clues hunting.

1500x500
The Dr. Manhattan panel had to do with how society itself hasn't changed and memes referencing that use the same analogy like movie franchises doing reboots and remakes, etc... so maybe he is hitting at that then actually it being SciFi?

Then again it might not have to do with anything game related at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.