Status
Not open for further replies.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
i've been dying to do a replay ever since Forbidden West but i'm patiently waiting for the remaster/remake. I hope they redone the smaller cinematics to match Forbidden West.
I ended up bouncing off the original after about 10 hours so I'm the perfect audience for a remake/remaster. Even better if they give it some PS5 Pro goodness.

Ludi_Ludere

May 2, 2021
I just hope that they showcase something that looks truly next-gen and is on PS5 only, not cross-gen. Whilst SM2 looks great and GoT2 will look good, neither of those studios or franchises are known for truly top-end graphics. Like Naughty Dog or The Coalition with Gears.

Anyways, just hoping for anything at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope that they showcase something that looks truly next-gen and is on PS5 only, not cross-gen. Whilst SM2 looks great and GoT2 will look good, neither of those studios or franchises are known for truly top-end graphics. Like Naughty Dog or The Coalition with Gears.

Death Stranding 2 looks pretty next-gen to me.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022

GoT is still known for its top end visuals. Of course there still needs to be improvements in texture quality, NPCs faces and some animations but the environment is top notch. I think GoT 2 will improve on them and become a showcase for PS5 and pro

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just show me fun games. I really dont care much for visuals at this point. Games are at a point where most look at least good enough for me, I just want more games to buy (and not play because Yakuza 8 never ends).

As for Horizon's re(master/make) - All I want is a better way to handle elemental ammo - I dislike how both games handled it (especially FW which added more elements), so if they can tighten that up, improve invincibility frames etc. for evading and Id be happy.

Jul 2, 2021

Lol.
Ghost of Tsushima looks incredible. Literally "top-end graphics". And Horizon Forbidden West, a "cross-gen" game, is one of THE best looking games of this generation. It was THE best looking game when it launched. Burning Shores looks mind-blowingly good. And it's an open-world game, compared to Naughty Dog's linear TLOU2 or the latest Gears game. And then there is Death Stranding 2.

Woozy

Feb 22, 2022

This is why games take 5+ years to make

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Rewatching the Death Stranding 2 trailer above, I am convinced it's gonna be the best game by far around the time it's released. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has me as hyped up in the gaming world as that game right now.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

ND game will melt eyes

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching the Death Stranding 2 trailer above, I am convinced it's gonna be the best game by far around the time it's released. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, has me as hyped up in the gaming world as that game right now.

80buptdkn7q91.gif

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Astrobot aint mario and r&c is more of a shooter than platformer
What makes a platformer less worthy being at full price then other genres?

It is a AAA game, it is Asobi's biggest game yet, it should like any other game people are buying at full price, be full price.

I swear people want more of these games but then don't give it the same respect in purchase power as any other game, then they wonder why people don't do AAA platformers beyond Mario, etc.... anymore. lol

It isn't AA, the R&C, Jak and Sly games of old from the PS2 days were AAA full price games, this is the present and the same applies to Astro if you want the same quality.

K4lQNkG.png

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

It is a AAA game, it is Asobi's biggest game yet, it should like any other game people are buying at full price, be full price.

I swear people want more of these games but then don't give it the same respect in purchase power as any other game, then they wonder why people don't do AAA platformers beyond Mario, etc.... anymore. lol

It isn't AA, the R&C, Jak and Sly games of old from the PS2 days were AAA full price games, this is the present and the same applies to Astro if you want the same quality.
There's this weird perception that only certain genres or publishers can do games at full price. Its worse when it comes to 2D games - Ubisoft released an amazing POP game at the beginning of the year and a good amount of talk in the threads here were complaining about its price, despite being fairly lengthy and excellent. Its sadly been a thing for years, again, Ubisoft + Rayman Legends was an annoying conversation as apparently that should have been priced at a discount because its not 3D (well I brought it 4 times at full price so take that haters!)

But seriously, its annoying that people equate certain things with certain prices. Granted Im not a fan of game prices going up, but if the quality is there, Ill throw coin down to support them.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to retire Rise of the Ronin. Game isn't bad it's just incredibly boring imo unless you get really into the combat.

I'm an outspoken fan of basic open world games, but this one feels particularly dated even to me.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The constant push for better and better visuals is unsustainable, the complaints about Ronin's visuals are proof that people care more about graphical fidelity than they'd care to admit.

Its been a pretty disingenuous argument from people here who want to lament the push for technology and next gen visuals when there's news of layoffs and game budgets, but at the same time how many people here lost their entire shit (and still do) at the thought of games being "cross gen"?

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

K4lQNkG.png
We must return.

Jul 2, 2021

K4lQNkG.png
It's the genre. Times change. I wouldn't pay 80€ for a platformer or a racing game.
But I would pay full price for an RPG or action adventure game.
Less fans, smaller community. The only platformer who can sell really well with a 80€ price tag is Nintendo's Super Mario.

1 gift from dbcyber

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from dbcyber dbcyber!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

dbcyber said:
Got a free code for the game, but too much on my plate right now so willing to pass it on to someone else. Good luck Ronin!

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 5 (UK) PlayStation 5 (UK): Rise Of The Ronin™ Digital Deluxe Edition - Won by Sidewinder Sidewinder (55 entries)

Status
Not open for further replies.