• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psyrus

Aug 10, 2023
Pretty sure Sony Pictures is loosing them more money after the new Ghostbusters Movie flop than Pixel, London and Japan Studios together lol
Lol, Pretty sure huh? What's your source on that?

Capture.png

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Who says Sony won't invest in SIE because they are investing more in Sony Pictures who needs it the most?
The only one who's saying this is you. Yes, SIE does need more studios. But what does this have to do with Sony Pictures (maybe) getting Paramount? Did Sony stop investing in SIE after they bought EMI for $2.3 billion to improve Sony Music? No.
This year is dire because it takes longer and longer to make AAA games and because they canceled a few games. We still get Helldivers 2, MLB The Show, Concord, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, a new Astro Bot game, TLOU2 Remastered and an Until Dawn Remake.

Just stop. Sony going after Paramont has nothing to do with SIE.
I will never understand people who think games like Stellar Blade, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, and Rise of the Ronin don't count. Like they are exclusives that Sony paid for to fill out the library. That is how this works. Sony has done a good job at making it so there is always something to play. Either from it's own first party studios, 2nd party published games, or money hatted exclusives.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand people who think games like Stellar Blade, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, and Rise of the Ronin don't count. Like they are exclusives that Sony paid for to fill out the library. That is how this works. Sony has done a good job at making it so there is always something to play. Either from it's own first party studios, 2nd party published games, or money hatted exclusives.
They don't count because then it makes people's gloom and doom less real. And we can't have that!

Jul 2, 2021
I know, right? There is a reason why they made an exclusive deal for these games. Some space between your AAA 1st party games? Get an exclusive 3rd party game. And Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is incredible. The GOTY so far. And Rise of the Ronin is also really good. Now it's time for Stellar Blade.
If Sony were to purchase Paramount it would allow SIE to use a lot of IP internally for collaborative synergy. If Insomniac wanted they could make a TMNT game and not have to worry about paying licences for example.
Star Trek...
shu.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sony does not get credit for Rebirth. That game would've existed with or without them. And that rancid pile of shit Stellar Blade would too. The fact Sony is in any way involved with that game is actually a negative, not a positive.

Ronin...maybe that only happened because of Sony and TN's relationship but I doubt it. But that's the only one that I think they really deserve any credit for.

David Matter

Apr 16, 2024
If Sony were to purchase Paramount it would allow SIE to use a lot of IP internally for collaborative synergy.
i dont think sinergy will happen quickly if sony buys paramount but sonner rather than later a sony CEO will say, they want 100% sinergy between all sony corp companies, so aniplex games will go to playstation, crunchyroll will be 100% integrated to playstation, and gaming ips from Sony pictures will be developed by sony studios, i mean.. isnt happening right now that way but will happen 100% in the future, sinergy exist right now between SIE and Sony Pictures but not at a crazy level, but IMO is matter of time

but this could still not happen because skydance is in exclusive talks with Paramount but according to some reports the conversation isnt going well, so time will tell

Last edited:

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Imagine saying Marvel's Spider-Man by Insomniac didn't count in 2018. You'd get laughed off the forum.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
All the games I can play in my PS5 count, even Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment (which incidently is the only game I've bough in 2024)

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Sony does not get credit for Rebirth. That game would've existed with or without them. And that rancid pile of shit Stellar Blade would too. The fact Sony is in any way involved with that game is actually a negative, not a positive.

Ronin...maybe that only happened because of Sony and TN's relationship but I doubt it. But that's the only one that I think they really deserve any credit for.
Oh shit, I thought I played Final Fantasy VII Rebirth on my PS5 earlier this year and had a great time, but I forgot it didn't didn't count

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I thought I played Final Fantasy VII Rebirth on my PS5 earlier this year and had a great time, but I forgot it didn't didn't count

It's not a Sony game. They didn't make it, they don't own it. It's just a moneyhat. You would've played it one way or the other, it was always going to exist with or without Sony's dumb exclusivity deal.

Azn012

May 17, 2022
If more Microsoft games keep being ported to playstation is there any reason to keep comparing playstation and Xbox output? It would be like comparing ea or take two to playstation

Jul 2, 2021
Imagine saying Marvel's Spider-Man by Insomniac didn't count in 2018. You'd get laughed off the forum.
Some people here are acting like they only play Sony 1st party games and nothing else.
Does SIE need a few more 1st party studios? Yes. Was last year weak for Sony 1st party games? Yes. Did the PS5 get incredible games in 2023? Yes. Will 2024 be great too? After looking at Helldivers 2, FF7 Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin and Dragon's Dogma 2... I'm sure the answer will also be yes.

logash

Oct 27, 2017

It's not about credit. It is about release cadence and something to do. Perhaps that is the difference between what people are talking about? Some people are seeing them as points for a game Sony is playing against idk? The player? The other console manufacturers?

It should be seen as oh Sony is giving me this to play or that to play. A reason to get excited to play on your PlayStation. Now, not everyone is gonna like those games but it's the same for first party.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
It's not a Sony game. They didn't make it, they don't own it. It's just a moneyhat. You would've played it one way or the other, it was always going to exist with or without Sony's dumb exclusivity deal.
I doubt that Square would've agreed to make a FF 7 Remake Trilogy that would cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make in a 10+ years timespan without having Sony's huge financial backing. It could've been made but it would've been wildly different than what it became thanks to Sony.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt that Square would've agreed to make a FF 7 Remake Trilogy that would cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make in a 10+ years timespan without having Sony's huge financial backing. It could've been made but it would've been wildly different than what it became thanks to Sony.
I think you are underestimating Square Enix

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's not about credit. It is about release cadence and something to do. Perhaps that is the difference between what people are talking about? Some people are seeing them as points for a game Sony is playing against idk? The player? The other console manufacturers?

It should be seen as oh Sony is giving me this to play or that to play. A reason to get excited to play on your PlayStation. Now, not everyone is gonna like those games but it's the same for first party.

I'm saying that a moneyhat on a game that was already going to exist one way or another is not a gift from Sony. I don't like Sony more because they're signing crappy timed exclusivity deals while struggling to put out games of their own. It doesn't make me a happier PS5 owner.

I'd rather that money go toward more actual games.

A timeline where Square didn't decide to spend 15 years (and the final employment years of some of their most legendary development staff) on a three-part remake of a PS1 game sounds pretty great to me, honestly.

David Matter

Apr 16, 2024
If more Microsoft games keep being ported to playstation is there any reason to keep comparing playstation and Xbox output? It would be like comparing ea or take two to playstation

if they keep porting and porting and porting games it will be detrimental for the competition but good for Xbox/MS because that means more revenue/profit for them and IMO better for Sony as nobody 5 years ago imagined xbox game studios launching games on playstation, but as we are seeing , the multiplatform approach is giving them good results and I think they will keep porting even more games in the future (i am a xbox player first so this still feels weird to me but at the end is whatever I think)

as long a XBOX has hardware i think they will compete but if xbox keeps porting games and making exclusive games for xbox hardware at the end of the day in the long term they will feel the need to port that exclusive game as well to playstation/nintendo, i am a believer that starfield will go to playstation just because the legs of that game are bad and just go online, starfield hype is incredibly low, they need a push and the expansion IMO isnt going to move the needle for that game, and as you say, imagine a third party publisher with a hardware console with all their games there but still launching their games on the playstation and nintendo, people will go to the ones who have all the games, not only a fraction of them, time will tell but as a xbox player i feel this saying this but i think this pivot to multiplatform coming from xbox will continue with even more games in the future

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I'm saying that a moneyhat on a game that was already going to exist one way or another is not a gift from Sony. I don't like Sony more because they're signing crappy timed exclusivity deals while struggling to put out games of their own. It doesn't make me a happier PS5 owner.

I'd rather that money go toward more actual games.
I agree that it's not a gift from Sony. I'm saying I don't see it as such and I don't think people should either. It's just a reason to turn on your PlayStation instead of turning on a different device. That could be a good or a bad thing depending on the context but it is what it is.

For the record, I would prefer that Rebirth be on everything as well, but we know exclusives work. There are people who bought a PS5 just to play Rebirth and there are people who turned on their PS5 for the first time in a while to play Rebirth. That is what I'm talking about. Not some scoreboard.

HitcherFL

Nov 3, 2023
And PlayStation doesn't need first party Games by their Studios lol? This year is dire for releases yet again because SIE owns too few Studios
I'm curious what alternative it is you're envisioning? I can count the number of independent developers that it would make some degree of sense to acquire on one hand, and a couple more that would make sense if they could be bought from a parent company, and a good chunk of those are apparently already working on first party games via Xdev. I'd be surprised if acquisition talks weren't at least started with the likes of Arrowhead, but they have to want to sell too. Just look at how long Insomniac held out to remain independent.

What else is there, buy a publisher who is releasing games on the platform already, and through regulatory pressure might not even be able to be made exclusive? How does that help with so-called "dire" releases? At best it increases revenue and, if things work out, operating income, but that isn't even your point of contention.

This just seems like a really odd thing to say when a bunch of studios got acquired by SIE within the last few years, including their biggest acquisition to date.

RezziHD_

Apr 28, 2022
People will talk all about how bad the recent layoffs and how much they 'care' about developers but in the same/later post will go on to talk about how Sony needs to acquire some big publisher instead of Paramount (because they can only do one for the rest of eternity apparently) knowing full well that will cause more layoffs....

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
"dire"

People need to understand that words have meaning lol

I would use the word "miserable". After all these years of this generation I've still only bought two games from Sony (SM2 and Ronin), and based on what we know currently, that probably won't change until Wolverine is out. It's just not been a great gen as far as Sony's first party output is concerned.

I don't even know what the solution is. Buying a massive publisher would be a terrible move for the industry, and Sony seems categorically uninterested in funding games in the kinds of genres that would excite me. Unless From comes to them for another partnership (and I don't think they will, sadly), all that's really left is Insom's Marvel output.

David Matter

Apr 16, 2024
I would use the word "miserable". After all these years of this generation I've still only bought two games from Sony (SM2 and Ronin), and based on what we know currently, that probably won't change until Wolverine is out. It's just not been a great gen as far as Sony's first party output is concerned.

I don't even know what the solution is. Buying a massive publisher would be a terrible move for the industry, and Sony seems categorically uninterested in funding games in the kinds of genres that would excite me. Unless From comes to them for another partnership (and I don't think they will, sadly), all that's really left is Insom's Marvel output.
i can tell you this, this forum represents 0.00001% of people buying xbox, nintendo and playstation in the real world and playing games, people outside the small bubble of forums and social media doesnt care about who studio makes an exclusive game, they dont go and see returnal and say "heeeey before i buy this i need to know who is making this game" they only care more about the game that can be played on their prefered console, doesnt matter if the game comes from ND, santa monica, Housemarque, or whatever other sony studio owns, i play on xbox mostly and this year I have seen playstation having in january TLOUS 2 remaster, in february the massive success helldivers 2 and FF7 rebirth, in march rise of the ronin, in april stellar blade is coming, in may there is a possibly sony show with other games announcements for this year and i think sony has for PS players silent hill remake and until dawn remake coming this year as well, so as an xbox player myself with many exclusives games coming from xbox owned studios in the second half of the year, seeing somebody saying playstation bad because their studios (clearly working on games) havent delivered a game per month this year is incredible naive, just go and enjoy videogames sir, really, nobody cares if helldivers 2 was made by arrowhead or by an indie studio from the other side of the world, people care about games, nobody is concerned, unless you live in forums seeing toxic people opinions about console warring who has more first party monthly games, i dont know why you are sooo negative

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Sony Pictures isn't only one movie. Dozens of movies, studios, TV shows, licenses, etc.
Just stop man. Sony Music needs more investment. Sony Pictures needs even more investment. Sony is a entertainment company now. And Sony Pictures needs the most money these days. They need new IPs.

Funny enough Sony music get to the stage where they can't do any more really big buys .

Stellar Blade would have been a very differnt game without Sony even the company who made it say so .
Don't care if you don't like the company \ Stellar Blade but Sony get credit for making a better game.
Saying we would still gotten the game don't mean shit when it would have been a differnt game in content and tech wise without Sony .

Last edited:

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017

But you even understand that you're not the typical PlayStation consumer. Just reading your outlook on the brand and catalog over the year(s) here.

The reality is the system is selling incredibly well because there are a lot of games on PlayStation that people do want to play. Is 2024 their best year? Absolutely not.

Is it some five-alarm emergency that's going to sink the console and brand like some of its competitors have had over the last few generations? Not even close.

Edit: Specifically for you, I do understand that this has been a bummer of a generation so far and probably isn't likely to get much better. I think the AAA industry is kind of pivoting away from your preferences though, so I don't really know what will help the outlook there either.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Man if only Sony would've put this type of marketing towards Ronin instead of Stellar Blade. Ronin deserved better.

David Matter

Apr 16, 2024
Man if only Sony would've put this type of marketing towards Ronin instead of Stellar Blade. Ronin deserved better.
sony did a lot of marketing to ronin but the game just wasnt that great, i think i am correct to say that everyone would have preferred some kind of nioh 3 or something similar, i think sony supporting Team Ninja in this new approach was a good partnership and decision, not everyone is willing to support for almost half a decade or more this kind of deviation of a studio secured formula but sony did, at the end of the day not all games are a success, they will learn and move on, i hope sony and team ninja makes nioh 3, thats a franchise i enjoyed a lot when bought those games on PS years ago and that by the way had great reviews and comercial success

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I could explain it to you. I've played games much harder than Horizon. Shit, I've beaten Returnal multiple times, but for some reason I just keep hitting walls in the Horizon games lol

I found this with HFW. Game looked beautiful but I didn't really like the combat, had little interest in the story (there was far too much dialogue and I just wanted to get on with it) and didn't really find the game world compelling. I keep meaning to go back to it but I don't know if I will as I have several other open-world games lined up.

Lol, thanks, I know how you feel 😉

OMG I actually won, I just participated casually never thinking to actually win, then suddenly I get a strange notification and 4 mentions from other users out of the blue, thank you so much!!

I almost thought COLONY WARS had been leaked or something 🤣

I won't be able to play right away, but I will surely enjoy it, I loved Ni-oh but this is probably more appropriate to my gaming skills 😆.

Thanks!

Thank you!

Congrats dude!

Maybe is Jason Blundell game.

I can't imagine he'd want to go and work for PlayStation and revive an old IP. Seems likely to me he & his team would be looking to create something new of their own.

Starting to think about my next game... Not really interested in Stellar Blade, so I might be in for a lull (or going back to Tales of Arise lol.)

I've just finished playing Dredge which was an enjoyable ~15 hours or so, and now I need to figure out what's next. I think I may return to Elden Ring which I am probably about 40 hours into and try to finish that off, and then after that I'll do a shorter game next and after that make a start on Dragon's Dogma 2. I also need to play more Helldivers 2 and I also have Kingdoms of Amalur and Dirt Rally 2 in my cart on PSN umming and aahing about whether I need them (spoiler: I absolutely don't!).

I'd like for Asobi to also do something else than Astro, but still child friendly.

I think there's so much mileage in the Astro Bot series that I'd be happy if they're all-in on that for their next few games!

I hate it when some haters ruin wholesome tweets like this and I honestly like Mike Ybarra's attitude a lot.

Yeah, it's a good attitude to have and he's not wrong regardless of anything else.

Dude is a turd and I'm not interested in anything he has to say.

Yeah, I've beaten the hell out of SM2, but it's a game I still love to boot up and just swing around in, so I'm definitely going to fire it up to play for a little bit when the new TV arrives! I honestly can't wait to play it on such a huge screen!

I was just hanging out with my buddy tonight, and since my tv is pretty much the same as his (his model is a little older than mine, since he got it before, but his is also an 8kTV, and mine is just 4k), including the size, it has me even more excited to finally get the chance to play some games on ot, especially the 120hz modes for some of them!

Nice, seems like an excellent choice to test out your new TV!

A bit of a safe and boring answer, but for me it's probably Ghost of Tsushima 2. I'm also really interested in the hopefully new IPs from Santa Monica Studio and Naughty Dog, but I'm thinking those will be revealed next year.

From Sony: Astro Bot, Tsushima 2, DS2
From Nintendo: Animal Crossing Switch 2 game, mainline 3D Mario (probably no summer but I can dream)

I think Nintendo will probably have a new 3D Mario game very soon to go after Switch 2 launches - maybe for next Christmas? That's assuming of course that the 2D/3D teams are separate, otherwise I expect a slightly longer wait is on the cards.

So my PS+ Premium expired yesterday, what's the cheapest way of re-uping on the cheapest tier in the UK?

I really don't need the premium tier anymore, especially with the cost of it too

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I need to re-sub and would like the middle tier but want to see if I can get it for less than one hundred fucking pounds!

ugh I'm so bad at managing the games I play. I started Rise of the Ronin while in the middle of replaying Persona 5 Royal, while still in the first few chapters of Rebirth, and a couple days ago I thought oh I'll play through DMC5 again, all while Stellar Blade is just a few short weeks away.

someone please help me budget my family is dying

Spend less on candles video games?

I didn't unlock any of these characters! TBH I liked the setup with Dina and used her most of the time.

Still such a beautiful game. Remember when people used to joke about the game world in SotC being too large and taking too long to travel across?!

Sony does have a pretty decent hit rate with single player games, no reason they can't do the same for MP.

Eh, plenty of reasons why they can't just "do the same". They've struck gold with Helldivers 2 but I'd be really surprised if they replicate this success any time soon, and no-one (outside of maybe a handful of publishers/developers) really knows how to get a successful new MP game and maintain that success! Look at Overwatch for example; it's probably still profitable but it went from being the biggest thing when it launched 8 years ago to a fraction of the audience nowadays.

I got that new Prince of Persia for 30€ expecting nothing and it's actually pretty good. Not very original but a well-crafted game taking notes from Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Hades and others.

Probably my favorite Ubisoft game since Rayman Legends a decade ago.

Nice, I have been intending to get it at some point, but to support AA games from major publishers and because I do enjoy the Metroidvania genre. Just not sure where I can fit it in!

Reddit link thing about SMS's next game

I hope Cory's game is something different and not simply another GoW. They're one of the best and most creative studios in the world and it would be so amazing to see what they could create if given completely free reign and a monstrous budget!

I am so happy 🥹
Tweet

Oh cool, is this the first proper new enemy faction since Destiny 1 launched?! (The Taken do not count).

I bet half of the money come from 99.9% of the users in this thread.

View: https://twitter.com/cinemacon/status/1777753425540939814?s=46

I'm the one person here that doesn't have Crunchyroll here.

Technically I count but not really, because I have Crunchyroll but it's for my daughter! (Who is also a weeb)

Everytime I try to get back into Destiny, I am immediately overwhelmed by all the systems/currencies and a story that is non-sensical to someone who hasn't been closely following it which is hard to catch up on due to vaulted content. That being said, Final Shape looks cool.

Yeah, same. I've only played Destiny 2 for probably about 5-6 hours, and a big part of that is because I find the whole experience quite overwhelming and indecipherable.

Am I reading this exchange rate right? That's like $87 in the US. Why are Euro prices so high? We paying 69.99

This is a big reason why, for example, a lot of us in Europe still stan for physical releases. Here in the UK for example it costs £69.99 to buy Rise of the Ronin from PSN, while you can pick up a physical copy for £59.99. When combined with the lack of refunds on PSN it makes buying physical a better option almost every time, unless you have money to spare and value the convenience of digital only.

Maaan I finally pulled out my PS3....and updating and registering it again etc... I was scared the whole time something might go wrong lol..

But it was a trip seeing the old icons of streaming services... that whole experience was like going back in time... then I went into my download history and just kept going back in time. (I've had PS+ since the beginning, so I have alot of games)...

Anyway I finally came across it.

Auditorium HD

View: https://youtu.be/dOvR22LSkTk?si=wYz584FJalVicSnL

History behind it.

Oh cool, I'm glad you tracked it down eventually! I recall that game but it's not one I ever owned.

So Americans finally understand the bullshit we have to deal with and why digital day one sucks in EU?

3f5e2c06-7ee6-4b4e-b774-4eeffcbbcfbf

Lol
Laugh

I love the way they're doing the marketing with this.

This is a spoof on that Liam Neeson gif

It's so good. I love that he ragdolls and just falls off the other side!

I am curious here, anyone hard set on buying physical games over digital these days? I keep wanting to get physical games instead going forward because of the collection but something about digital. I find myself thinking that digital minimalism is harder to achieve whereas when you have physical copies stashed away somewhere, it's way easier and calming to pick up a game and pop the disc in.

I do a mix of both typically. If it's a full-priced AAA release like DD2 or Stellar Blade I'll always buy physical and then if I decide it's a keeper I might pick it up on PSN when it has a price drop. I think the most I ever paid for a digital game was probably about £33 for Resident Evil 4 Remake (EDIT - actually, I think Helldivers 2 was £35 at launch, so it would be that). However I buy loads of smaller games from PSN as well or pick things up a couple of times a month in sales.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys a bunch of games that I won't be able to play due to lack of time.

In case you have time to play all of that, I trully envy you.

I'm sure most of us are in the same boat! I'm literally more addicted to talking about and buying new games more than actually playing them sometimes.

Lol, I am really enjoying these meme recreations through Helldivers 2!

This is the original photo:

GKVsikkbQAAqSuv

Thanks dude. Not sure there's much that can be inferred here but it's interesting to speculate nonetheless.

This is so cool and gorgeous! I have thought about buying the Steam Deck, but would love something similar from PlayStation.

Literally one of the most satisfying weapons in all of gaming. How did they manage to give Kratos two iconic weapons (and real iconic, not Ubisoft iconic!).

I guess I remembered wrong and that's okay lol.

That's okay dude. You're literally trying to remember from over 7 years ago, so of course your memory is going to be hazy!

The marketing campaign for HZD was huge. They even did concept art for some countries to show landmarks being taken over by nature, like Torre de Belém.

Torre-de-Belém-HZD-1-scaled.jpg

This is gorgeous and such a cool idea.

He could give you material for multiple new topics Angie!

Lol, this is so cool! I love the loading between each different screen and the NPCs each doing the same animation routine.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I need to re-sub and would like the middle tier but want to see if I can get it for less than one hundred fucking pounds!
Kudos to you for taking the time to talk to fucking everyone! Happy Friday indeed! hahaha

Let me know if you find any good deals, I'm usually on it year after year finding the best back alley shady deals. But this is the first year that I couldn't care less about game pass and PS+. I buy most new games day one and all the bangers that hit PS+ I already usually own. But it sometimes it is nice just to add a few titles each month, and I do want it for cloud saves and online MP.

I was gonna jump back into Helldivers this weekend and I bet I'm shit outta luck now coz I don't have PS+?

Game Pass on the other hand, with minimal stake in the game - I find myself easily dropping games because *shrug*

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
A timeline where Square didn't decide to spend 15 years (and the final employment years of some of their most legendary development staff) on a three-part remake of a PS1 game sounds pretty great to me, honestly.

And pretty shit to everyone else, but this was about whether Sony was meaningfully involved with the project, not whether you liked the games.

It's not 15 years, either. They've made it pretty clear that the last game should be out in 2027, so maybe 13 years at most if you start right from the very point the whole project was greenlit and went into pre-production.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
After repeatedly bouncing off of Horizon Forbidden West in the beginning hour or so I ended up finally playing through it and finishing the game and I thought the game is absolutely ... incredible? Like this game is basically "what if ubisoft game but actually good". It has the best side quests in a game since the Witcher 3 imo (not played Cyberpunk so cant comment on it). The combat is super fun and god damn the detail on every single character and the sheer lines of dialogue for each one. .. It is just incredible. Even the spin on ubisoft towers is so much fun as they are fun little puzzles by themselves.

I think what Guerilla have is something very special and honestly they have the foundation of a very special RPG ala Mass Effect or Witcher if they just inject some actual choice into the story with branching endings. I dont know if they will ever go that route but I really think they should. I just think they should improve the writing in the central story a tiny bit. Maybe in a new IP

Anyways this game is incredible. I dont see Ghosts 2 being this detailed and polished since SP is a smaller team. I really hope they can get to this level though..

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
After repeatedly bouncing off of Horizon Forbidden West in the beginning hour or so I ended up finally playing through it and finishing the game and I thought the game is absolutely ... incredible? Like this game is basically "what if ubisoft game but actually good". It has the best side quests in a game since the Witcher 3 imo (not played Cyberpunk so cant comment on it). The combat is super fun and god damn the detail on every single character and the sheer lines of dialogue for each one. .. It is just incredible. Even the spin on ubisoft towers is so much fun as they are fun little puzzles by themselves.

I think what Guerilla have is something very special and honestly they have the foundation of a very special RPG ala Mass Effect or Witcher if they just inject some actual choice into the story with branching endings. I dont know if they will ever go that route but I really think they should. I just think they should improve the writing in the central story a tiny bit. Maybe in a new IP

Anyways this game is incredible. I dont see Ghosts 2 being this detailed and polished since SP is a smaller team. I really hope they can get to this level though..

I hope they never go that road .
I don't mind choices that effect side missions or character aspect .
But when it comes to the over all story i don't want there to be choice , just give me the story and ending you set out to do .

Status
Not open for further replies.