• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon Online and Cory's new project are both been in dev for 5 to 6 years by now. That's a long ass time even for pre-production.
By the time they launch in 2025 or 2026 they should end up having 7 to 8 years of dev time.

I'm confident we're gonna see them at the next showcase. 👀

ND is the wild card tho.
I don't think we are going to see ND bar remakes and/or remasters for PS5, like a native Part 2 Ps5 port.

The other two makes sense though.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Horizon Online and Cory's new project are both been in dev for 5 to 6 years by now. That's a long ass time even for pre-production.
By the time they launch in 2025 or 2026 they should end up having 7 to 8 years of dev time.

ND is the wild card tho.
Cory's project likely entered production much more recently though with SSM expanding to a two-team studio by 2021 I think. They were hiring an art director for that project like right before God of War Ragnarok came out.

Not saying it's far out mind you, but it's a safe assumption considering pre-production of Cory's game is done as that would normally take a few years, especially when most of the studio was working on Ragnarok. That's why a reveal this year and a release in 2026 is very plausible imo.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
This is from the same person that claimed that Gravity Rush 2 is happening

[Hidden content]

I hide it, to see if they don't caught me and kick me from the discord lol
Also I would burst laughing if this is true and the other game doesn't get a remaster

I would love that.

So I choose to believe, lmao.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think we are going to see ND bar remakes and/or remasters for PS5, like a native Part 2 Ps5 port.

The other two makes sense though.

Yep I don't expect ND at this year showcase imo. It would be nice to be wrong tho.

Cory's project likely entered production much more recently though with SSM expanding to a two-team studio by 2021 I think. They were hiring an art director for that project like right before God of War Ragnarok came out.

Not saying it's far out mind you, but it's a safe assumption considering pre-production of Cory's game is done as that would normally take a few years, especially when most of the studio was working on Ragnarok. That's why a reveal this year and a release in 2026 is very plausible imo.

Yeah it makes sense. I thought the new project was greenlighted right after GoW 2018.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Medievil 2 was fun, I would call bullshit that Sony is bothering with remaking that but there is clearly someone high at Sony that really likes the IP lol.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope for the PS 30th anniversary we get Insomniac, Sucker Punch, SSM and others put their old games on PS4/5, like R&C Future series or the old GoWs, etc...

Kudos to Bend for bringing old titles to PS4/5 in the past few months.

AFAIK, there is no PS2 emulator on the PS5 right now. I'd love to see Sony put effort into porting their PS2 games over, but I'm remaining skeptical until it happens.

ND is the wild card tho.

6~7 years isn't all that crazy nowadays for game development. I can see both Guerilla and SMS showing up at the next showcase, but I won't lock it.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
AFAIK, there is no PS2 emulator on the PS5 right now. I'd love to see Sony put effort into porting their PS2 games over, but I'm remaining skeptical until it happens.
I just hope what Mystic heard of Sony working on an updated PS2 emulator turns out to be true.

Even without, I am glad ND at least ported the Jak trilogy and Jak X to PS4 even if it isn't the most polished of ports.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Poll is up

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Poll is up

[Hidden content]

"GAAS is now democratically approved"

laugh-laughing.gif

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
I'm hating but IDK who at Sony keeps believing in the Medievil IP.

Especially if it's really getting a show adaptation & a Medievil 2 Remake.

Like the stolen sales data only had the first remake selling 504k. The $40 Knack 2 performed better than the $30 Medievil Remake. And out of all the Sony IPs besides Gravity Rush & Bloodborne that Other Ocean could possibly remake or remaster instead like Sly, Jak & Daxter, Ape Escape, Dark Cloud, Killzone, InFamous, Twisted Metal, a Housemarque Collection, etc. Like why Medievil, wtf.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017

ND is the wild card tho.
idk, I've stopped paying attention to these dev times because there's been so many situations where that long gap doesn't actually mean anything without knowing what's going on behind the scenes. We have no idea if projects were canceled, rebooted, put on hold, etc.

Like, it's just as likely to see a news report tomorrow that one of these projects was canceled years ago, or some lead staff departed the company.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
idk, I've stopped paying attention to these dev times because there's been so many situations where that long gap doesn't actually mean anything without knowing what's going on behind the scenes. We have no idea if projects were canceled, rebooted, put on hold, etc.

Like, it's just as likely to see a news report tomorrow that one of these projects was canceled years ago, or some lead staff departed the company.
Major reason I find leaks pointless

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018

Like the stolen sales data only had the first remake selling 504k. The $40 Knack 2 performed better than the $30 Medievil Remake. And out of all the Sony IPs besides Gravity Rush & Bloodborne that Other Ocean could possibly remake or remaster instead like Sly, Jak & Daxter, Ape Escape, Dark Cloud, Killzone, InFamous, Twisted Metal, a Housemarque Collection, etc. Like why Medievil, wtf.

Maybe because people at Other Ocean like the IP and pitched MediEvil 2 remake with a manageable budget and short development time.

Either way, Sir Dan is a fun and recognisable mascot. Not sure why anyone would be against it.

Also InFamous, Killzone and games like that wouldn't be remade by Other Ocean either way. You would need a bigger team with more AAA experience to remake them.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
What happened to the What happened in Japan title? I thought that was a funny suggestion

Jul 2, 2021

[Hidden content]

Also I would burst laughing if this is true and the other game doesn't get a remaster
FUCK YES!
Please be true. I love MediEvil. MediEvil 1 Remake did pretty good in Europe. So I wouldn't be surprised.

Because MediEvil is pretty cool and remaking a MediEvil game is way cheaper than developing a new game like Knack 2.

Zerpette

Jun 23, 2023

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017

I mean... yeah. I love that they're remaking the game, but I can't help but feel that the game and especially the adaptation are going to bomb so hard.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The MediEvil stuff honestly just reeks of your typical bullshit Twitter rumor.

It's entirely possible, but if you're going to make up something to attract people to your account, then why would you pick MediEvil of all games? I'm not even talking about the obvious thing of fishing for Bloodborne Remasterd clicks, but something like Resistance or Killzone would certainly generate more attention and wouldn't even necessarily look fake.

wiIdcard

Oct 25, 2018

Remake selling 500k copies in the first three months isn't bad. It was made by a tiny studio in three years.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tried the MediEvil 1 remake but it didn't click with me. If the rumor is true about anothet remake, I'm happy for the fans.

Now who's palm do I need to grease in order to get an inFamous 1/2 remake collection?

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

[Hidden content]

If true, than MediEvil fans are really eating after having been starved by Sony for years lol.

First we get MediEvil: Resurrection and MediEvil 1 ports for PS4 and PS5. Then this and the rumored movie or tv show. Getting one step closer to that true third game.

Status
Not open for further replies.