• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Res-bot

Nov 11, 2017
Damn, imagine believing in some random account without verifying anything.

View: https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1782813999882469605

ce813be06228ca66cd9a0fd32d9fc593.jpg

That was popping up on my feed and I had my doubts as to it's authenticity, sheesh the things people do on twitter to get like and followers.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
If i remember right dreams also run into issues and they had start over certain aspect .
Truth is the heads of MM really fuck them over with dreams. ( you could see this not doing well miles away )
Sony is for certain not going to give them as much rope as they had before.
Yeah I have a feeling Sony will strongly lobby for a safer game that wouldn't run into development or creative conflict problems. Dreams was too ambitious for their own good.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad they didn't get the game rights. Would love to see a murder mystery from one of their studios.

I don't think you'd see anything from one of their internal studios even if they did get the game rights. It seems like something that XDev would handle. They'd probably give it to a studio like Frogwares. It'd be interesting to see what they could accomplish with a budget that Sony would give along with the general support that they provide. Plus it'd be great to see Sony backing a Ukrainian studio given all the shit they've been going through.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
I don't think you'd see anything from one of their internal studios even if they did get the game rights. It seems like something that XDev would handle. They'd probably give it to a studio like Frogwares. It'd be interesting to see what they could accomplish with a budget that Sony would give along with the general support that they provide. Plus it'd be great to see Sony backing a Ukrainian studio given all the shit they've been going through.
Oh man frogwares clue game would be awesome.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Got back into actually playing on PS5 again lol. Gonna focus on Armored Core 6 as my main game now. Just beat the Juggernaut boss battle and it felt very satisfying. Just need something good to play and FromSoftware got me covered.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I played some more Prince of Persia last night before bed, and, yeah, it's such a fun game, and clearly made by the Rayman Legends team. Some of the platforming puzzles are mean. Not Guacamelee mean, but mean. And fun.

One of the things that impresses me the most about it is how good it feels playing with the analog sticks. Usually for sidescrolling games/metroidvania's, I prefer to play with the digital pad (I'm just so used to that for 2d sidescrollers), but the Ubisoft Montpelier team really, really nailed the analog controls.

I think it'd be so cool to see more games like this from talented studios.

Someone mentioned it before, I think, but I feel like it'd be awesome to see something like a God of War game done in this 2.5D Metroidvania style. I can see other Sony IPs like Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, etc, also working in this manner.

I can't recommend PoP enough for Metroidvania fans, though. I'm hoping to beat it before the week is out, since I'm trying to clear up some of my backlog before diving back into the larger games on it.

Appollowexx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about what Playstation might have for the rest of the year and I see it going something like this:

April - Stellar Blade
June - Destiny The Final Shape (multiplat but technically first party)
July - Gravity Rush 2 Remastered
August - Until Dawn Remastered
September - Concord
October - Silent Hill 2 (Timed exclusive) / Spiderman 2 DLC
November - PS5 Pro and Astrobot (pack in with the Pro or $40 standalone)

I think this would be a decent line up.

Then 2025 would probably be Fairgame$, Death Stranding 2, Spiderman Venom, Ghost of Tsushima 2, (maybe Bluepoint's game).

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If i remember right dreams also run into issues and they had start over certain aspect .
Truth is the heads of MM really fuck them over with dreams. ( you could see this not doing well miles away )
Sony is for certain not going to give them as much rope as they had before.
The sad thing is that I think Dreams would have been much, much better received as a-game- if it had shipped with a full length MM quality game alongside it, instead of what basically amounted to a tutorial demo. Releasing on PC eventually also seemed like a no brainer to me, but here we are :(

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I always thought Dreams should have been packed into the PS5 as a free game along with Astro's Playroom.

By the time the PS5 launched, Dreams had a ton of user created content, then it could have been updated to the PS5 version when that one was ready.

I also think a PC release would have been cool too!

I had been encouraging folks to give Dreams a chance since the beginning, and I'm really sad it didn't blow up like it should have. It's an incredibly versatile creation tool, but the MM content was also really fun.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
The sad thing is that I think Dreams would have been much, much better received as a-game- if it had shipped with a full length MM quality game alongside it, instead of what basically amounted to a tutorial demo. Releasing on PC eventually also seemed like a no brainer to me, but here we are :(

It was shocking that after so many years MM was like here 2 hours of a sort story mode.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
Kind of off topic, but 2 of my friends who aren't really big gamers are trying to play Fallout for the first time after watching the show. The whole synergy thing does seem to work. Obviously there is a bunch of data showing this did work, but it was weird seeing it from my "non-gamer" friends. They already played TLOU before the show came out so it wouldn't have worked for that case.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of off topic, but 2 of my friends who aren't really big gamers are trying to play Fallout for the first time after watching the show. The whole synergy thing does seem to work. Obviously there is a bunch of data showing this did work, but it was weird seeing it from my "non-gamer" friends. They already played TLOU before the show came out so it wouldn't have worked for that case.
The stuff definitely works. Gotta have the goods though!

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought Dreams should have been packed into the PS5 as a free game along with Astro's Playroom.

By the time the PS5 launched, Dreams had a ton of user created content, then it could have been updated to the PS5 version when that one was ready.

I also think a PC release would have been cool too!

I had been encouraging folks to give Dreams a chance since the beginning, and I'm really sad it didn't blow up like it should have. It's an incredibly versatile creation tool, but the MM content was also really fun.

I've never been that interested in creating my own content so I'm probably not the best to talk about it, but Dreams' creation tools felt too complicated to me. There was a lot thrown out there to use, but it probably felt overwhelming to most. I could definitely see the potential, but I just think that it was too much for the average joe like myself.

I definitely agree that a PC release would have done wonders. Put Dreams on that platform with keyboard and mouse support, and it would've had a better chance to blow up. In an alternate universe where Sony's PC initiative was a bigger focus at the time, Dreams could've been ported much sooner to PC or even see a day and date release along with the PS4. Maybe its fortunes would've been different.

Hopefully whatever Media Molecule works on next, I hope they keep the same charm that we have come to love from then. If I had to guess, they will move away from content creation. I thought that Teraway was a beautiful adventure. Maybe we will get something along those lines, but much bigger.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
The horrible troll part of me can't wait for Stellar Blade reviews to come out. Whatever it gets, there will be some discourse. Can't wait!

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Guess Gravity Rush and Days Gone fans may get something out of the upcoming movies.
Then again Twisted Metal came and went with just 2-3 classic games on current consoles and a cancelled GAAS title 😅

Wil be interesting to see what happens with Tsushima, Horizon and GOW once their adaptations drop, especially since all 3 seem to be getting sequels.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Guess Gravity Rush and Days Gone fans may get something out of the upcoming movies.
Let's see what kind of "efforts" they'll make.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But these films have to be officially real first with a release date trailer too.
Then again Twisted Metal came and went with just 2-3 classic games on current consoles and a cancelled game lol
Such a shame too...

The show's success & "early development & not even greenlit"... 🙄

Wasted chance, but it is what it is.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
So... stick modules for the Dualsense Edge are now listed as Currently Unavailable when it used to be not in stock... are they fucking discontinuing these?

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
So... stick modules for the Dualsense Edge are now listed as Currently Unavailable when it used to be not in stock... are they fucking discontinuing these?
PS Portal also says it's "Currently Unavailable" on PS Direct. And I doubt they're discontinuing that so suddenly. I wouldn't worry much about it unless they scrub the replacement sticks from marketing

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see what kind of "efforts" they'll make.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But these films have to be officially real first with a release date trailer too.

Such a shame too...

The show's success & "early development & not even greenlit"... 🙄

Wasted chance, but it is what it is.

FWIW, the new Twitsted Metal game was originally rumored to be worked on by Lucid before Sony took the project back. Sonys initial plans were likely very different for the series.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
FWIW, the new Twitsted Metal game was originally rumored to be worked on by Lucid before Sony took the project back. Sonys initial plans were likely very different for the series.
Yes I heard it before it was by Lucid, until the project removed to Firesprite.

Shame they couldn't capitalized a new Twisted Metal game chance in whatever form...

By the time 2nd season dropped, they'll probably just offering old games again. 🤷‍♂️

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've never been that interested in creating my own content so I'm probably not the best to talk about it, but Dreams' creation tools felt too complicated to me. There was a lot thrown out there to use, but it probably felt overwhelming to most. I could definitely see the potential, but I just think that it was too much for the average joe like myself.

I definitely agree that a PC release would have done wonders. Put Dreams on that platform with keyboard and mouse support, and it would've had a better chance to blow up. In an alternate universe where Sony's PC initiative was a bigger focus at the time, Dreams could've been ported much sooner to PC or even see a day and date release along with the PS4. Maybe its fortunes would've been different.

Hopefully whatever Media Molecule works on next, I hope they keep the same charm that we have come to love from then. If I had to guess, they will move away from content creation. I thought that Teraway was a beautiful adventure. Maybe we will get something along those lines, but much bigger.

Yeah, I think Dreams was largely meant for creatives that don't have the means to produce content in other ways (like a PC that is powerful enough; the issue I had many moons ago, before I was able to afford to build my first real gaming PC), and for the non-interested in making content part of the base, there was a lot of stuff to play across a wide spectrum of genres. Something like that is useful during a console launch period, where software is going to be limited, so having a pack in game that already has many hours of content to dick around in would have been a nice bonus.

Although, personally, the PS5 easily had the best launch lineup of any previous PlayStation console to date, and it being backwards compatible with PS4 games (many of which performed better compared to playing on the PS4; for example, I played OG Cyberpunk on PS5 launch day, and outside of very frequent and frustrating crashes, it looked and played significantly better than the PS4 version), the library of available games to play on the PS5 was pretty high, so maybe Dreams being included wouldn't have done much.

It definitely would have benefited during the PS4 launch, where it was quite a wait for more games to hit, and it didn't have BC, so I couldn't even play my PS3 library on it. Dreams would have been great to play around with during that long wait for more games to hit the PS4.

I love Media Molecule, and I just want to see them be successful on a larger scale than they have been. I'm very much looking forward to their new game and what they're up to!

AwwBubbles

Oct 27, 2017
Since some expect a showcase next month can I get a Santa Monica Sci-fi game and a Naughty Dog fantasy game don't need much just a whiff give me something to get excited about.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
Since some expect a showcase next month can I get a Santa Monica Sci-fi game and a Naughty Dog fantasy game don't need much just a whiff give me something to get excited about.
Cory's game is a lock i think but naughty dog is a little tricky. If we assume naughty dog's ip went full production last year and if it is internally slated for 1st half of 2026 i.e. before the showcase then a teaser makes sense this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.