• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021
Stellar Blade looks banger. It will be one of the best selling games of 2024 🤘🏻

Yeah. It's already 8th best seller of the month on PSN, but since it's a preorder and hasn't been released yet, it also doesn't include preorders from the prior months. Even with it only having 5 days of sales when you can actually play it, it'll be a success, especially after adding physical sales to the mix as well.

0insideofme

Oct 26, 2023

View: https://twitter.com/Zuby_Tech/status/1783449267236925662
Pretty good.
stearr.jpg

In Brazil Amazon just started the pre-order in the last tuesday. Very impressive numbers.

David Matter

Apr 16, 2024
User banned (1 week): Hostility and metacommentary
i am so glad there is the IGNORE button in this forum, pretty crazy somebody who likes to spread negativity and reply many people here with his negative comments deserves to be ignored, i was so tired of that bs

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
i am so glad there is the IGNORE button in this forum, pretty crazy somebody who likes to spread negativity and reply many people here with his negative comments deserves to be ignored, i was so tired of that bs
Hey, on the off chance you're refering to PlanetSmasher you might as well go ahead and add me too. Stellar Blade is getting a nauseating amount of uncritical hype on this forum and especially in this thread.

It's a sexist game made by avowed anti-feminists, and it blows my mind how people are so easily able to just gloss right over that stuff and cheer on its success.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
Anyone else taking tomorrow off to play Stellar Blade? I'm so hyped! The demo's combat just felt so good, I spent so many hours on that one little section.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
So close to finally wrapping up Death Stranding. It's a game best enjoyed in small bites I've realized. Those early hours though we're tough to get through but I'm loving it.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Between Lies of P and Stellar Blade, S.Korea might be a new hotspot for dev. Influx of fresh blood is always welcome.

I talked to someone who finished SB and they were surprised how good it was. Felt like a proper action game from established studio, not mobile dev's first "console game" attempt. Also the enemy design being compared to Chainsaw Man's devils got me very interested.

David Matter

Apr 16, 2024
Between Lies of P and Stellar Blade, S.Korea might be a new hotspot for dev. Influx of fresh blood is always welcome.

I talked to someone who finished SB and they were surprised how good it was. Felt like a proper action game from established studio, not mobile dev's first "console game" attempt. Also the enemy design being compared to Chainsaw Man's devils got me very interested.
i want to see more korean devs having their success moment in hardware consoles around the world, the more devs develop for consoles, the best for gamers, and stellar blade success means more korean devs will go and say "we can do it as well", i would love that

PhillyPaw

Banned
Apr 11, 2021

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
i want to see more korean devs having their success moment in hardware consoles around the world, the more devs develop for consoles, the best for gamers, and stellar blade success means more korean devs will go and say "we can do it as well", i would love that
How is Lies of P btw? I'm about to move so I'm saving up but I've been curious

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How is Lies of P btw? I'm about to move so I'm saving up but I've been curious

I think it's quite good. An absolutely shocking amount of quality for a first attempt at an extremely tricky genre. It's probably the only non-From Soulslike that I think actually understands Soulslike mechanics and encounter design. It got my #2 game of the year vote last year and would've won top marks if Alan Wake 2 hadn't come out at the last minute and been a far more unique and special experience.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's quite good. An absolutely shocking amount of quality for a first attempt at an extremely tricky genre. It's probably the only non-From Soulslike that I think actually understands Soulslike mechanics and encounter design. It got my #2 game of the year vote last year and would've won top marks if Alan Wake 2 hadn't come out at the last minute and been a far more unique and special experience.
Does it have adaptive trigger support?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've just been debating on Series X or PS5. Did one console have an advantage?

I only played it on PS5 but to my knowledge the game runs pretty well on PS5/XSX and PC. It's a remarkably scalable game, too. I've heard it even runs really well on Steam Deck as long as you don't mind the font size being a little small.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else taking tomorrow off to play Stellar Blade? I'm so hyped! The demo's combat just felt so good, I spent so many hours on that one little section.
Aye, gonna dedicate full 3 days for the game. Been waiting for this.

Great to see the initial sales seem to be good, here's hoping SHIFT UP continues their work in console industry and maybe some DLC later.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
With most game releases being Fridays now, I never feel the need to take the time off work.

ScionN7

Oct 26, 2019
Aye, gonna dedicate full 3 days for the game. Been waiting for this.

Great to see the initial sales seem to be good, here's hoping SHIFT UP continues their work in console industry and maybe some DLC later.

Yeah I'm really interested to see how it sells because it seems to be tracking really well. I hope with the success of Lies of P and SB, it's going to open the door more for South Korean game developers to enter the console gaming market.

Hoping for DLC too.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019

Long overdue. My feelings about SB in particular aren't a secret, but I have been awaiting the global Korean Videogame Renaissance since Kingdom Under Fire in back in fucking 2004.

There's massive talent there!

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
Took me like 3 or 4 days to get to the end of FFXVI if I just skip everything lol Super excited to start the two DLCs. Replaying this game reminded how many truly next gen moments it has. The entire Bahamut sequence, cutscenes, story, fight, just feels like a true next gen experience. What a game.
And the music. It gets progressively more epic. What a rush it gives

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020

You can easily ignore people without gloating about it and trying to gaslight them, you know.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
OK, sure, you could, but let's be honest, it wouldn't really work in this game. TLOU is already criticised for having too many slow walking sequences, and they do hugely impact replays. What exactly would making that episode a playable sequence add? What gameplay mechanics could there be that don't fundamentally change the tone and detract from the narrative of the episode? In what way would it be better than the episode itself, or better than a really long cutscene? Even then, what's the idea, have it be a shooter with stealth elements for most of the game and then pivot into a drastically different genre for one chapter?

If you mean a different game could do that sort of things then sure, but I was referring to the type of game that TLOU already is. Don't see how that game could take a diversion to tell that story and it work, while a TV show can tell the same overall story and within that tell the story of that episode.
You're right, and I mostly do agree with you! But the only thing you really need to change from the standard bits and bobs of TLOU to make episode 3 is to have a lot longer sequence in the game than you've ever had where there isn't any combat. Naughty Dog is probably daring enough to try it, but again, also like you said, I don't think that Playstation would want to alienate mainstream gamers who want to shoot and kill things for literally hours of gameplay without gunfire.

If only AAA games could be more than just a lot of killing and climbing towers and clearing maps… 😌💭

David Matter

Apr 16, 2024

finally launch trailer!

this game will launch in such quality state that is crazy to think about it, not many games do this at launch and according to digital foundry the game is going to be pristine at launch, so happy about this

Status
Not open for further replies.