Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I legit laughed out loud when that happened lol. It was a peak Sony moment. At least they didn't have an entire section dedicated to PlayStation Vue lol

I loved PS Vue so much! I'm sure that if it was still around today the price would've skyrocketed just like Fubo and Youtube TV, but getting live sports for $40~45 for a few years along with multiview was great.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
y4KbrDS.jpeg

g8EI8Tz.jpeg

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know....what they did visually with Part 1 Remake was good enough.

Doesn't really have to be much better than that.
If they managed to achieve that for new future games with budget not nearing $200 million again, then that's great for them.

But taking what Chris Dring said into account, what they'll give to consumers would be also judged by the consumers; the length, graphics, gameplay, contents, scale, Ray Tracing, framerate, performance, etc = overall dev budget into this $70 AAA product is it worth it or not?

🤷

Give me a $70 single-player game with decent art style/direction, excellent performance in framerate with very little bugs/glitches/crashes, good gameplay, entertaining story/plot with good pacing + chock full of contents & maybe perfect length that's not short but also not too long to dragging/slogging.

If this game exist as in beautiful 2D pixel arts that's not even $200 million dev budget by Naughty Dog, I'll buy them hard day one.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Some/most (?) don't want Naughty Dog's 'worse' PS5 graphics, but in order to achieve another highest fidelity visuals after Part II, the budget maybe has to be $200 million again, if not, more?

80lHfn.gif

I'll buy day one of Part III with visual novel presentation & character portraits + turned based battle system with full voice acting = definitely not $200 million dev budget.

Some will say "severely downgrade", but I would say "innovation to the series" more/less.

lizard-hehe.gif

The Last of Us Part III: Part 1 (2026)
The Last of Us Part III: Part 2 (2028)

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
nah, Horizon will stay for much longer than Horizon 3. we know they already have 2 multiplayer project in Horizon IP. so they're very invested for the long lasting IP.

maybe GG will make new IP eventually, but Horizon IP will keep going
Probably. But Naughty Dog and Santa Monica are each taking a break from their massive IPs. I can see Guerrilla doing the same after releasing the next two entries.

Azn012

May 17, 2022
Horizon 3 is going to be an amazing PS5 swansong.

(Before moving onto a new IP on PS6)
I don't think so guerrilla is still working on that liveservice game and then they have to support it, imo it's gonna be more than four years before we see another single player horizon game ( not counting the hzd remaster)

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so guerrilla is still working on that liveservice game and then they have to support it, imo it's gonna be more than four years before we see another single player horizon game ( not counting the hzd remaster)
I expect Horizon 3 in 2028. 6 years after Forbidden West in a similar timeslot as TLOU2/Ghost on PS4.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I expect Horizon 3 in 2028. 6 years after Forbidden West in a similar timeslot as TLOU2/Ghost on PS4.

That makes no sense. Forbidden West took 5 years with development hit about as hard as possible by COVID and needing to be made for 2 consoles instead of one, and the ending and DLC very clearly point to Guerrilla wanting to get straight into the sequel. I can't imagine it coming later than maybe 2027 unless something goes very wrong.

Jetpaction

Jun 2, 2019
The Netherlands
That makes no sense. Forbidden West took 5 years with development hit about as hard as possible by COVID and needing to be made for 2 consoles instead of one, and the ending and DLC very clearly point to Guerrilla wanting to get straight into the sequel. I can't imagine it coming later than maybe 2027 unless something goes very wrong.

6 years dev time is really no longer outside of the realm of realistic possibilities. A modern current-gen AAA on the scale of Horizon is a massive undertaking. Burning Shores was also a very meaty expansion which will have taken up some time.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
They're cooking other stuff that's got to release first too.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
6 years dev time is really no longer outside of the realm of realistic possibilities. A modern current-gen AAA on the scale of Horizon is a massive undertaking. Burning Shores was also a very meaty expansion which will have taken up some time.

The Frozen Wilds was a similarly meaty expansion, and yet Forbidden West still came out in "only" 5 years, during Covid. Like I said, I don't think 6 years is impossible - stuff gets delayed all the time - but I struggle to believe that Horizon 3 in 2028 is the current plan.

They're cooking other stuff that's got to release first too.

That said, this is interesting. I know the rumours about a Zero Dawn update of some kind plus the live-service game - is that what you're referring to? I was assuming they would have a different team for the MP game so that the wait for Horizon 3 wouldn't be overly long, though I know it's more complex than that as we saw with TLOU Online.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The Frozen Wilds was a similarly meaty expansion, and yet Forbidden West still came out in "only" 5 years, during Covid. Like I said, I don't think 6 years is impossible - stuff gets delayed all the time - but I struggle to believe that Horizon 3 in 2028 is the current plan.

That said, this is interesting. I know the rumours about a Zero Dawn update of some kind plus the live-service game - is that what you're referring to? I was assuming they would have a different team for the MP game so that the wait for Horizon 3 wouldn't be overly long, though I know it's more complex than that as we saw with TLOU Online.
when Hermen Hulst is still at GG, he mention that he want GG to have something released every 2-3 years. and that include things like DLC or PC ports, just something that can generate revenue. and so far it lines up well.

Zero Dawn 2017
PC Port in 2020
Forbidden West 2022
PC Port 2024

I imagine Horizon 3 will be out somewhere around 2026/7

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
I've been quite neutral towards Sony's remakes/remasters, but I might get angry if that Horizon remake thing turns out to be real.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
when Hermen Hulst is still at GG, he mention that he want GG to have something released every 2-3 years. and that include things like DLC or PC ports, just something that can generate revenue. and so far it lines up well.

Zero Dawn 2017
PC Port in 2020
Forbidden West 2022
PC Port 2024

I imagine Horizon 3 will be out somewhere around 2026/7

Well, the remake and live-service game do offer the potential for this to be extended out. But I really do not think they ended Burning Shoes with such a direct, concrete lead-in to Horizon 3 just so they could make us wait 5 more years.

I've been quite neutral towards Sony's remakes/remasters, but I might get angry if that Horizon remake thing turns out to be real.

I wouldn't worry about it. It means extra employment for talented developers that isn't tied to creative pre-production, and having Zero Dawn's character animation upgraded to Forbidden West levels would actually be quite a major change. I just hope there's an upgrade discount.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I am more interested in what they could add in gameplay/contents for this unconfirmed Zero Dawn 'remake' yet.

If it's just graphical/technical updates...

🙄🤷

bleits

Oct 14, 2023
I think the Until Dawn remake is stupid but at least it was never released on PC so maybe they'll sell some copies there. Good luck trying to sell Horizon for the second time on PC.

JT_77

Mar 15, 2021
What are the chances Ghost 2 is shown off at the showcase? Also, what are people's expectations for the release year? It's my most hyped PS game.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
I am more interested in what they could add in gameplay/contents for this unconfirmed Zero Dawn 'remake' yet.

🙄🤷
I wouldn't expect much more than exactly that. I feel like TLOU Part 1 was a much bigger deal and we still didn't get much with that. Can't believe I was expecting TLOU1 with TLOU2 mechanics, that's on me 😅

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
I think the Until Dawn remake is stupid but at least it was never released on PC so maybe they'll sell some copies there. Good luck trying to sell Horizon for the second time on PC.
I'm not expecting them to re-release on PC if that's what you mean. I'm assuming it's just the upgraded PC version turned into a PS5 version essentially.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not waiting for a remake of the first game either but when you know the game sold 20+ million copies I guess Sony sees it as money well spent to breathe some extra mileage in the title.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
I'm not waiting for a remake of the first game either but when you know the game sold 20+ million copies I guess Sony sees it as money well spent to breathe some extra mileage in the title.

I might be part of the problem because I would pay a large amount of money for a remake or remaster if done right. I played the game in 2020 and the facial animations alone makes me wish it was made 5 years in the future.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Can't believe I was expecting TLOU1 with TLOU2 mechanics, that's on me 😅
Some/most of us expecting that as well, until the final game was just that, lol.

How could old man Joel Miller could prone & dodge in Part I when the studio themselves couldn't even make more creative skins/costumes outside of boring realistic grounded skins... 🙄🤷

It took them 10+ years to do this for this IP.

mixcollage-23-jan-2024-01-31-pm-1090.jpg

Making out in astronaut suit & killing people cosplaying as Furiosa were more fun to me than just average skins... 🙄🤷

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017

🙄🤷

I mean even with extra gameplay additions like, they're not gonna go above and beyond what was already added in FW so at best we'd get some of the sequel's improvements. But that's still so damn boring coz it's still just Zero Dawn. I generally don't care much about remasters and such but a remake/remaster of ZD is bottom of the barrel for me.

Rixam

Jan 2, 2023
Why do we keep calling it a remake? The whole reason we know about it's existence is the XDEV leak and that specifically mentions the game being a remaster

Not that it's a big difference in reality but there's a perception difference with a remake since it's making some people annoyed, whereas if we called it the remaster like was leaked I don't think people would really care