Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
GOhGY8sXAAAzA-u.png:large

Updated recently. Stole from discord

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo also has the benefit of making every game be perceived as first party. When you actually look at the Switch games made by first party studios people would probably say the same as they do now with PlayStation having pipeline issues

Many of Nintendo's games are made by third party devs like Intelligent Systems, Game Freak and HAL Laboratory. If this was the Nintendo thread you'd have people debating if Kirby, Pokémon and Fire Emblem are first party games lol

Oh, I have sat through many "Is _ a first party franchise" or "What counts as a first or second party Nintendo game" threads in my time. Nintendo games are not immune to that topic at all.

That perception baggage you mentioned that Sony's lineup carries is built up only by fans. I don't think Sony really cares at the end of the day.

Snake2024

May 15, 2024
Nintendo also has the benefit of making every game be perceived as first party. When you actually look at the Switch games made by first party studios people would probably say the same as they do now with PlayStation having pipeline issues

Many of Nintendo's games are made by third party devs like Intelligent Systems, Game Freak and HAL Laboratory. If this was the Nintendo thread you'd have people debating if Kirby, Pokémon and Fire Emblem are first party games lol
I don`t understand why it matters for people if a game is an internal or external project? Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Demon Soul`s Remake, Everybodys Golf, Infamous 1, Killzone 1, LBP 1, MotorStorm 1, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance 1-3, Socom 1-3, Spiderman 1, Spyro 1-3, Syphon Filter 1, Returnal etc. were all external developed games by studios that weren`t owned by Sony at that time. Sony counts all internal and external developed PS Studios projects the same and doesn`t differenciate between them.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
I am still of the opinion that announcing a game 2 years before release is enough.

-Trailer announcement 2 years before release
-Gameplay announcement 1 year before release
- The ussual Sony marketing 6 months before release (trailers, blogs,twitter etc)

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
I think we should send someone to PS headquarters disguised as Shinobi to spill the beans to us.
They'll only realise when it's too late.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
What do we think the odds are of seeing Marathon at this event? I'm playing the originals right now and I'm very curious to see if they can translate the tone and environmental lore to a PvPvE environment.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
Can't believe we went from speculating a showcase for months to getting a….SoP. Wake me up from this nightmare

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
A State of Play with Astro and Concord would be great. Two significant first party games that are presumably launching this year.

They're also developed by in-house studios for those of you who are weird and cringe about that sort of thing.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
People forgetting we had a banging state of play already this year. No reason why they can't just use that branding for everything going forward. First party reveals and all. Let's at least wait for whatever to air before we get all doom and gloom lol

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that all these SoPs and Showcases are not worth a single penny unless Bloodborne appears.

BRVR

Mar 9, 2022
I appreciate everyone's optimism but unless this SoP has ND's new IP, Cory Barlogs IP, Ghost 2, Bluepoints IP…i'm not interested.

Glad everyone else is looking forward to games like concord and astro but they're not for me 😢

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
A State of Play with Astro and Concord would be great. Two significant first party games that are presumably launching this year.

They're also developed by in-house studios for those of you who are weird and cringe about that sort of thing.
Yes, I'm curious! What's this about?

Since the beginning of this year, I've noticed heated discussions about first-party and second-party games.

And one time on Twitter, I tweeted about Helldivers 2 being the fastest-selling first-party game. Someone then commented that it's actually a second-party game and shouldn't count (lol). I explained that there isn't really "second-party" games, but rather it's just a term used to differentiate between firts-party games that developed by internal studios and first-party games that developed by external studios.

nee33344

May 15, 2024
People forgetting we had a banging state of play already this year. No reason why they can't just use that branding for everything going forward. First party reveals and all. Let's at least wait for whatever to air before we get all doom and gloom lol
It was a great state of play and hopefully future state of plays follow this layout. Games that people actually care about. If playstation doesn't have anything worth showing dont bother with a state of play, which I what I think they are doing from now on.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'm curious! What's this about?

Since the beginning of this year, I've noticed heated discussions about first-party and second-party games.

And one time on Twitter, I tweeted about Helldivers 2 being the fastest-selling first-party game. Someone then commented that it's actually a second-party game and shouldn't count (lol). I explained that there isn't really "second-party" games, but rather it's just a term used to differentiate between firts-party games that developed by internal studios and first-party games that developed by external studios.
Games that aren't made 2000% in house by someone's preferred platform holder are somehow lesser in some people's minds. It's impossible for me to view it as anything other than console warrior brain rot.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate everyone's optimism but unless this SoP has ND's new IP, Cory Barlogs IP, Ghost 2, Bluepoints IP…i'm not interested.

Glad everyone else is looking forward to games like concord and astro but they're not for me 😢
Seems you have an insanely narrow view of gaming if that's all that makes you interested. We are probably guaranteed to see some nice indie stuff, and probably some nice third party stuff, probably from Capcom, maybe from Konami, and so on, which is more than enough for me to be intersted.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 50th platinum trophy! For this landmark I decided to go with a game from SCE/SIE's history, Syphon Filter!

This was an incredibly fun platinum to get, and it reminded me of why I loved this game so much, it's so damn good! Only downside outside of adjusting to graphics and controls (For anyone who missed out on this back in the day and may struggle with early 3d games), is the needle-in-a-haystack moments in the later missions. Like, how the heck are you supposed to figure those out other than carefully going over each and every box to tag it while a damn warzone is raging around you? And how the heck did I do it back then, did I do that? I honestly memory-holed that objective.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017

You're going to watch it, don't be silly.

This is like all of the COD boycotts 😂

I'd like to see them just bring everything under the state of play banner and this event may be the first in a line of them to do that. Stop judging books by their covers folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.