poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Hasn't Cory been cooking for a while with a different team at SSM? Assuming that is what everyone is waiting for now.
Different team in this context likely means him and a small team (couple of dozen at best) writing everything and prototyping ideas while the other 90% of the studio did Ragnarok and Valhalla. Just like he did for God of War 2018 while 90% of the studio was working on the canceled new IP.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here's another type of Showcase guess

PS Studios:
100% Insomniac Games
90% Firewalk Studios
90% Haven Studios
70% Team Asobi
70% Sucker Punch
50% Bluepoint
50% Bend Studio
30% Santa Monica
30% Media Molecule
30% Guerilla Games
10% Naughty Dog
10% Housemarque
10% Polyphony Digital
10% Firesprite
1% New studio

XDEV:
80% Kojima Productions
50% Something else
1% From Software

90% Firewalk Studios
90% Haven Studios
80% Sucker Punch
75% Team Asobi
60% Insomniac Games
45% Bluepoint
35% Guerilla Games
20% Santa Monica
30% Guerilla Games
20% Naughty Dog
15% Housemarque
10% Bend Studio
10% Firesprite
1% Polyphony Digital
0.1% Media Molecule

Come on guys, Ragnarok released just 1.5 years ago, what did you expect? Insomniac is the exception not the norm. The next SMS project is probably Q4 2026 at the earliest.

Agreed. Any previous talk about SMS having two teams that could handle full production at the same time was clearly a pie in the sky wish.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
I'm not even sure what to expect from Spider-Man 2 dlc. Personally I'm hoping for a meaty psychological deep dive with Miles to really flesh out why the fuck he thought that suit would be a good idea

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
I don't think SSM will be there tho.
You "think" - as in " development is this far along so it doesn't makes sense to show up" or you know it won't be there??
If it's the latter then Valhalla took up more people than i thought and new ip was still in pre production then , Fuckkkkkkkk!
i already was very hesitant that ND would show up but sms too?! I don't know man but i gotta go and play some game because i am now doubting anything big to show up lol

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I'm not even sure what to expect from Spider-Man 2 dlc. Personally I'm hoping for a meaty psychological deep dive with Miles to really flesh out why the fuck he thought that suit would be a good idea
FWIW it's not like paid expansion stuff, but rather additional story missions that are free updates. Less substantial than even City That Never Sleeps episodes iirc

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Here's another type of Showcase guess

PS Studios:
100% Insomniac Games
90% Firewalk Studios
90% Haven Studios
70% Team Asobi
70% Sucker Punch
50% Bluepoint
50% Bend Studio
30% Santa Monica
30% Media Molecule
30% Guerilla Games
10% Naughty Dog
10% Housemarque
10% Polyphony Digital
10% Firesprite
1% New studio

XDEV:
80% Kojima Productions
50% Something else
1% From Software

PS Studios:
100% Firewalk Studios
90% Team Asobi
90% Sucker Punch
80% Insomniac Games
70% Guerilla Games
60% Bluepoint
40% Santa Monica
20% Media Molecule
20% Naughty Dog
15% Haven Studios
10% Bend Studio
10% Housemarque
10% Polyphony Digital
10% Firesprite
1% New studio

XDEV:
60% Something else
50% Arrowhead Game Studios
20% Kojima Productions
20% From Software

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
BluePoint working on multiple projects… Bloodborne Remake confirmed 😮‍💨
i doubt they are working on bloodborne, shinobi602 a while ago I think responded to somebody in a thread asking if bluepoint was making bloodborne he said "No", unless i am remembering in the wrong way

but I think sony HAS TO KNOW they have gold there in bloodborne, they know launching a sequel or remake of this game will be an event, and I am not that hopeless at all because I believe the DanielRPK rumor of the bloodborne movie being in development at ps productions

Jul 2, 2021
Just more Spider-Man 2 but you have to...
...stop Carnage. It literally stopped on a cliffhanger in SM2.

View: https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1788973606791160133
bring-that-back-william-zabka.gif

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
i doubt they are working on bloodborne, shinobi602 a while ago I think responded to somebody in a thread asking if bluepoint was making bloodborne he said "No", unless i am remembering in the wrong way

but I think sony HAS TO KNOW they have gold there in bloodborne, they know launching a sequel or remake of this game will be an event, and I am not that hopeless at all because I believe the DanielRPK rumor of the bloodborne movie being in development at ps productions
It's just a question of "when" at this point.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
No SMS at the showcase would be a bummer. Here's hoping the new Ghost is there at least.

If this showcase doesn't have both then that would be disappointing since those are the titles I'm most interested in seeing.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/PlayStationUK/status/1788917125618266474

Because Spider-Man 2 will get something. It's an expansion (like the one Spider-Man 1 got) or a shorter standalone spinoff like Miles Morales.
Because I doubt Carnage is one of the big villains in Spider-Man 3

oh okay.
The data breach showed another game slated for 2025.
if you're talking about those spin offs, I thought it got cancelled?

but like what St. Elmo's Fire said I forgot about the story dlc

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Different team in this context likely means him and a small team (couple of dozen at best) writing everything and prototyping ideas while the other 90% of the studio did Ragnarok and Valhalla. Just like he did for God of War 2018 while 90% of the studio was working on the canceled new IP.

Or you can not stomp on my dreams dammit! :P but no for real you are probably right.

Perhaps weirdly, I am in a place in life where I am OK with them showing games a bit early. I don't mind knowing what's coming in the next 3 years

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm still putting high hopes in this team.

I was underwhelmed by Fairgame$ announcement, as it wasn't the game I expected them to work on.

But Helldivers 2 has rekindled my need for co-op multiplayer games. I need more of them.
I remember everyone speculating that they were working on some sort of social game, maybe even PlayStation Home 2.0. And then the trailer was just Payday x Watch Dogs Legion lmao.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I'm not gonna discount the harm the data breach did, but I do like how the leaked documents still don't paint a complete picture because of how volatile game development is and how nothing is a certainty until it releases. As is the case when you read either of Jason Schreier's book as well.

Tigerfan2019

Jun 14, 2020
The plot of the Spider-Man 2 DLC at least the first episode has been out there since the insomniac hack and the mistake they made leaving the dev mode in when the new game plus update launched.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Ashhong Can you tell me if SMS is working on a Marvel or DC game, please, for my own sanity
if they are, it's not their next game

You "think" - as in " development is this far along so it doesn't makes sense to show up" or you know it won't be there??
If it's the latter then Valhalla took up more people than i thought and new ip was still in pre production then , Fuckkkkkkkk!
i already was very hesitant that ND would show up but sms too?! I don't know man but i gotta go and play some game because i am now doubting anything big to show up lol
Honestly not sure what you're asking but I want to clarify and say I have no idea if they will be there or not. I know roughly where they are in development, and a presence at the next showcase could easily go either way. It's just a personal guess that they wouldn't.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Honestly not sure what you're asking but I want to clarify and say I have no idea if they will be there or not. I know roughly where they are in development, and a presence at the next showcase could easily go either way. It's just a personal guess that they wouldn't.

i6XQpBK.gif

But yeah, guess it's probably better to go with low expectations when it comes to that game in particular lol

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Wait did
Venom
get pushed back to 2027????

Bummer, let them cook though, a lot of people have been clamoring for that game for quite a while, best to get it right.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Instead of delisting all those countries, why doesn't sony just change psn's tos to clarify that people won't get banned if they make a foreign account. Just feels like an odd way to go about it.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I remember everyone speculating that they were working on some sort of social game, maybe even PlayStation Home 2.0. And then the trailer was just Payday x Watch Dogs Legion lmao.

The artwork, the stuff about UGC and building a whole new pipeline for development in the cloud fooled me, I'm not gonna lie, lmao

But honestly, who looked at this picture and tought: oh wow, that's gonna be PayDay x Fortnite and will have a dollar sign in its title

FOdh9dVXsA8NzWp

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
I'm still putting high hopes in this team.

I was underwhelmed by Fairgame$ announcement, as it wasn't the game I expected them to work on.

But Helldivers 2 has rekindled my need for co-op multiplayer games. I need more of them.
Same, especially since a lot of former Rainbow Six (Siege & Vegas) and Ghost Recon (Future Soldier) devs are involved. Plus Fairgame$' game director was game director on Splinter Cell Blacklist's Spy vs Merc. A lot of a new members joined the studio in the last couple of months so they are ramping up.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Instead of delisting all those countries, why doesn't sony just change psn's tos to clarify that people won't get banned if they make a foreign account. Just feels like an odd way to go about it.

This would weaken their ToS and open the door for abuse.

They should rather fix the issue by tackling the missing countries and add them to PSN.

I can already hear the legal team saying "No! No! We aren't gonna do this! No!" the moment someone brings up if they can change the wording in the ToS. Meetings with the legal team are the funniest and worst at the same time.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018

Yeah sorry thats what i was asking basically that "are you guessing based on what development stage it's at " or "you know it won't be there ". Thank you for clarifying but can you give a hint or something without blowing your cover of course - Did the new ip went into full production last year?! Thank you anyway.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
The artwork, the stuff about UGC and building a whole new pipeline for development in the cloud fooled me, I'm not gonna lie, lmao

But honestly, who looked at this picture and tought: oh wow, that's gonna be PayDay x Fortnite and will have a dollar sign in its title

FOdh9dVXsA8NzWp

Exactly, I thought they were making something more unique than a heist game with what they said and the artwork we saw.

This would weaken their ToS and open the door for abuse.

They should rather fix the issue by tackling the missing countries and add them to PSN.

I can already here the legal team saying "No! No! We aren't gonna do this! No!" the moment someone brings up if they can change the wording in the ToS. Meetings with the legal team are the funniest and worst at the same time.

True, and I agree they need to bump up psn's reach, but that's likely going to take a long while.

I guess I have to profess some ignorance here. I don't really use steam much, but since other pubs require account linking and don't have the same spread of coverage that steam does, why is this not a problem for them? MS covers more countries than psn, I know, but fewer than Steam, as well as Ubi and Capcom and them. The ultimate goal should be expanding psn, of course, but it feels like there has to be a better compromise in the meantime than just yanking these games for sale.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Yeah, PVPVE would be my assumption from the trailer. But since you work in teams of 3 it still kinda tracks for me as an Co-op game.

But I think they are still kinda figuring out if they want to emphasize the PVE or the PVP part more, going by the survey Syne got.
It's a strange one for sure cause they announced it so far in advance if that is indeed the case and they're still working on nailing down basic elements. Could easily imagine it being a case of the standard "here's what we're working on come work with us" trailer mixed with "we need to show the shareholders some fruits of these acquisitions".

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I guess I have to profess some ignorance here. I don't really use steam much, but since other pubs require account linking and don't have the same spread of coverage that steam does, why is this not a problem for them? MS covers more countries than psn, I know, but fewer than Steam, as well as Ubi and Capcom and them. The ultimate goal should be expanding psn, of course, but it feels like there has to be a better compromise in the meantime than just yanking these games for sale.

I'm just speaking from conjecture here, as I don't know how other publishers handle this, but I think Sony only supports countries on PSN if they actually have an infrastructure for support there, whereas with most other publishers it's probably just a dropdown option in which country you live in, while all support goes through the same channel. They probably do have legal entities in these countries but not much more, because it's not needed.