Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah sorry thats what i was asking basically that "are you guessing based on what development stage it's at " or "you know it won't be there ". Thank you for clarifying but can you give a hint or something without blowing your cover of course - Did the new ip went into full production last year?! Thank you anyway.
Honestly forgot when it went into full production lol. But it's going well and on track

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
Ashhong thanks for being here answering questions, I will ask this quickly, hopwfully you can respond this, Why do you think sony isnt doing anything at all with the Bloodborne IP? they have to know they have a golden IP, why they just keep ignoring that IP? you think is completly dead? no bloodborne for ever? its over?

Jul 2, 2021
Here is my insider skoop from my uncle who works for Nintendo:
Bloober Team and XDev are remaking Bloodborne for the PS5.

You're welcome.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Ashhong thanks for being here answering questions, I will ask this quickly, hopwfully you can respond this, Why do you think sony isnt doing anything at all with the Bloodborne IP? they have to know they have a golden IP, why they just keep ignoring that IP? you think is completly dead? no bloodborne for ever? its over?
I didn't say that! I got no clue if they're doing anything for Bloodborne or not lol

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
I didn't say that! I got no clue if they're doing anything for Bloodborne or not lol
no no, i was referring to why do you think the havent done anything with the bloodborne IP since the release of the game besides the DLC? if they dont do anything in the next two years with the bloodborne IP I think will be decade already without anything bloodborne related, hopefully I take the L and they do something with bloodborne, would be a dream come true

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
no no, i was referring to why do you think the havent done anything with the bloodborne IP since the release of the game besides the DLC? if they dont do anything in the next two years with the bloodborne IP I think will be decade already without anything bloodborne related, hopefully I take the L and they do something with bloodborne, would be a dream come true
Oh I got no clue, I don't have that much understanding of the way Sony works. If there's not already something in the works then they probably did the math and don't think there's enough profit to be made

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Just more Spider-Man 2 but you have to...
...stop Carnage. It literally stopped on a cliffhanger in SM2.

View: https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1788973606791160133
bring-that-back-william-zabka.gif

Just unbelievable.

Troian

May 24, 2021
Yeah, PVPVE would be my assumption from the trailer. But since you work in teams of 3 it still kinda tracks for me as an Co-op game.

But I think they are still kinda figuring out if they want to emphasize the PVE or the PVP part more, going by the survey Syne got.
Ah ok, I wasn't aware of this survey, I hope they lean more towards the PVE side of things. Nothing against PVP games but when I think pvp heist game, all I can think of is the finals, which is a fine game but not one is want to spend a lot of time on.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Hey now, you got 4 Uncharted games. Some people are still waiting for Bloodborne 2, Gravity Rush 3, Primal 2, ---insert here any IP Sony forgot about or won't acknowledge---

Gravity Rush 2 was a total shitshow failure. I really believe people like Kat and the idea of what the game represents because the execution is just not good.

You know, everytime you have a hot take, they push a new entry back a little.

8 years being a long time is not a hot take!

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
Its too bad Sony didn't join the PC space much sooner to witness and learn from Microsoft's Game for Windows Live debacle.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Izanagi89: As the resident Final Fantasy guy, I've got some time between now and Paper Mario… thinking about trying the DLC but I just want to do story stuff. Do you recommend the pass with both DLCs? Do they both have story quests in them?

(If anyone else knows and has an opinion, please let me know as well!)

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Its too bad Sony didn't join the PC space much sooner to witness and learn from Microsoft's Game for Windows Live debacle.
Yeah it's pretty wild to see Sony stumble on something so basic. Unless they have a launcher themselves there's really no reason to tether PSN accounts to PC releases and only incentivizes consumers to not buy their games and torrent them instead. I want to think they'll reverse it but I imagine they're gonna come out and say it's gonna be mandatory on all future releases just to get ahead of it.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Gonna be an interesting rest of May

May 14 - Sony Group FY Earnings report

May 15 - Sony Xperia product announcement (I'm considering the 1 VI to replace my 1 III)

May 23 - Corporate Strategy Meeting

May ?? - PlayStation Showcase

On top of that, we've got the ongoing intrigue from the Sony/Apollo & Paramount negotiations. There's gonna be plenty to learn about and talk about this month. 😄

I know Sony said they weren't reporting PS+ sub numbers, but I do wonder if they might still toss out a new number since this is the FY report instead of the quarterly report.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022

May 15 - Sony Xperia product announcement (I'm considering the 1 VI to replace my 1 III)

On top of that, we've got the ongoing intrigue from the Sony/Apollo & Paramount negotiations. There's gonna be plenty to learn about and talk about this month. 😄

I know Sony said they weren't reporting PS+ sub numbers, but I do wonder if they might still toss out a new number since this is the FY report instead of the quarterly report.
Waiting for what they say about Helldivers 2 and their future games strategy

boypiss

Mar 29, 2024
if silent hill 2 release date trailer doesn't show you'll see me in the news in an orange jumpsuit because im going to murder someone

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
if silent hill 2 release date trailer doesn't show you'll see me in the news in an orange jumpsuit because im going to murder someone
It's not worth it! You'll never get to play it like that D:

Big couple of weeks coming up here… 😎

Last edited:

crimmy88

Aug 7, 2023
Izanagi89: As the resident Final Fantasy guy, I've got some time between now and Paper Mario… thinking about trying the DLC but I just want to do story stuff. Do you recommend the pass with both DLCs? Do they both have story quests in them?

(If anyone else knows and has an opinion, please let me know as well!)

Is this about XVI? If so, Rising Tide is the more story-focused one. The Echoes one has somewhat more expansive lore about the Fallen though, if you're into that.

Personally, Id still recommend both because the best boss (imo) in the game is in the Echoes dlc and Rising Tide offers the a new (and much more beautiful) zone, skills, and lore.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
I would love a new Uncharted but honestly have no clue who might be able to make it? PS Studios should've made a brand new studio to develop it a long time ago, we would've been close to finally seeing a brand new Uncharted at this point.

boypiss

Mar 29, 2024
I would love a new Uncharted but honestly have no clue who might be able to make it? PS Studios should've made a brand new studio to develop it a long time ago, we would've been close to finally seeing a brand new Uncharted at this point.
hasn't ND confirmed uncharted's story is over? i suppose they could make a game with his daughter but it wouldn't really feel like uncharted... i feel like the whole story was wrapped up pretty nice in 4. drake deserves a peaceful life

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'm not sure what do or die really means, because it's not like it is going to be cancelled if it's not shown soon. I'm not creative enough to give little hints without giving it away lol so you'll just have to wait! I wouldn't be surprised if it does get announced soon. I don't think SSM will be there tho

Edit: oh a remake? I haven't heard anything about a remake from BP other than Bloodborne everyone wishes was real
I might be over reading but for me it sounds like it isn't a GoW project either.

Even of Bluepoint was the main developer SMS would 100% be a part of that project.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

Bend was supposed to have been working on it alongside Naughty Dog until they asked to do their own thing around early 2021. If they had continued that path then we could have potentially seen a trailer as early as this year. Since that plan was scrapped, we have to factor in a period to find a new studio to work with ND on such a project. It's unlikely Sony would've just sunset the IP after taking Bend off the project, so it's quite probable that someone else is working with ND on a new game. The most likely candidate is a group from VASG, since they've worked deeply in collab with ND on TLOU Part 1. They know NDs engine inside and out, and this could be the first step in the formation of a new internal studio which is what Michael Mumbauer had wanted all those years ago. Or it could be a completely separate new secret team - after all they've got at least one secret team under Jason Blundell so they could always have another. Or, just as possible is that they could have moved the production back fully under Naughty Dog and that's what Shaun Escayg is working on. We have no idea what he moved on to once TLOU Part 1 shipped. Naughty Dog are multi-project now and we could see a scenario like this: Neil's game > Uncharted > TLOU Part 3.

My personal guesses are ether a VASG collab or fully in-house at ND for the new Uncharted. If ND isn't gonna be tied up with TLOU Online then that frees them up in a massive way to get 2 full single player games in production.

Last edited:

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
hasn't ND confirmed uncharted's story is over? i suppose they could make a game with his daughter but it wouldn't really feel like uncharted... i feel like the whole story was wrapped up pretty nice in 4. drake deserves a peaceful life

I think Nathan Drake story was over? or maybe I am misremembering it.

Bend was supposed to have been working on it alongside Naughty Dog until they asked to do their own thing around early 2021. If they had continued that path then we could have potentially seen a trailer as early as this year. Since that plan was scrapped, we have to factor in a period to find a new studio to work with ND on such a project. It's unlikely Sony would've just sunset the IP after taking Bend off the project, so it's quite probable that someone else is working with ND on a new game. The most likely candidate is a group from VASG, since they've worked deeply in collab with ND on TLOU Part 1. They know NDs engine inside and out, and this could be the first step in the formation of a new internal studio which is what Michael Mumbauer had wanted all those years ago. Or it could be a completely separate new secret team - after all they've got at least one secret team under Jason Blundell so they could always have another. Or, just as possible is that they could have moved the production back full under Naughty Dog and that's what Shaun Escayg is working on. We have no idea what he moved on to once TLOU Part 1 shipped. Naughty Dog are multi-project now and we could see a scenario like this Neil's game > Uncharted > TLOU Part 3.

My personal guesses are ether a VASG collab or fully in-house at ND for the new Uncharted. If ND isn't gonna be tied up with TLOU Online then that frees them up in a massive way to get 2 full single player games in production.

Naughty Dog collaboration with VASG (or a new studio with Uncharted veterans) might be the best case scenario, really hope that is the path they're pursuing. Even with some hiccups they can announce the game a bit early (2-3 years out), it is a huge IP and they will be able to attract top talent to work on it.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

If Uncharted's story were over then Bend/ND wouldn't have been collaborating on a new game up until early 2021. It's anyones guess what direction they'll take the franchise in, but I HIGHLY doubt they're gonna sunset the IP as it's a massive seller and the film did alright for itself with a sequel seemingly on the way.

That said, I also wouldn't be surprised if Sony found someone else to work on a new Twisted Metal game with Firesprites version (that started with Lucid) being cancelled. The IP's seen a resurgence and it's unfortunate that plans didn't work out for a new game to launch within proximity of the series. If they can find the right team with the right vision then a new Twisted Metal could be a nice entry for the PS6, and who knows the TV series could still be going by then

boypiss

Mar 29, 2024
If Uncharted's story were over then Bend/ND wouldn't have been collaborating on a new game up until early 2021. It's anyones guess what direction they'll take the franchise in, but I HIGHLY doubt they're gonna sunset the IP as it's a massive seller and the film did alright for itself with a sequel seemingly on the way.

That said, I also wouldn't be surprised if Sony found someone else to work on a new Twisted Metal game with Firesprites version (that started with Lucid) being cancelled. The IP's seen a resurgence and it's unfortunate that plans didn't work out for a new game to launch within proximity of the series. If they can find the right team with the right vision then a new Twisted Metal could be a nice entry for the PS6, and who knows the TV series could still be going by then
nathan's story was definitely over. not to be argumentative but i feel that a 5th game would seem a little tasteless especially with the recent and mostly pointless tlou1 remake/tlou2 remaster

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Naughty Dog collaboration with VASG (or a new studio with Uncharted veterans) might be the best case scenario, really hope that is the path they're pursuing. Even with some hiccups they can announce the game a bit early (2-3 years out), it is a huge IP and they will be able to attract top talent to work on it.

While anything is possible I do have some doubt about ND announcing such a project 2-3 years out. It goes against what Neil said about not wanting to announce games too early as it puts pressure on the devs. And let's be honest, this is ND - that fact alone automatically draws top talent to the studio. They don't need to announce an Uncharted game just to draw even more talent, their pedigree speaks for itself.

nathan's story was definitely over. not to be argumentative but i feel that a 5th game would seem a little tasteless especially with the recent and mostly pointless tlou1 remake/tlou2 remaster

Nate had a wonderful "end" to his story with UC4. There's still plenty of directions they can take the franchise in for an Uncharted 5, as we saw with Lost Legacy. We can only speculate what directions they might be looking to take the franchise. Keeping it to Nate does make sense as he's the face of the IP for games and film. It's not mandatory though.

As for TLOU Part 1 remake and TLOU2 remaster, why in the world would you call that pointless? There're multiple ways that those projects had a point.

After TLOU Part 2 launched in 2020, ND had a problem in that they didn't have a new project to slip into since they couldn't do their normal pre-production prior to the game launching. This left a massive gap in their release lineup because they would have had to begin concept/pre-production of this new game (this being Neils game) in 2020 which typically takes about 3 or so years, and then add a couple of years for full production on top of that to get it out the door. Normally once a project launches, ND would go through a cycle of layoffs/rehiring between projects which would also cause problems in getting new folks up to speed on their tech and processes. What they were able to do with this gap was fill it with projects like Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection, TLOU Part 1, TLOU Part 2 and TLOU Online. Those projects allowed them to retain their team after TLOU Part 2 launched, it allowed them to update their tech for the PS5 and train their team on developing for this new platform. Plus of course it also brought in revenue for the studio since they are a business. These releases also had synergy with the HBO show as sales spiked with the shows release.

On top of that, those games were getting PC ports, so it makes all the sense in the world to give PS5 owners a modernized version to take advantage of the benefits of the platform. There was absolutely nothing pointless about those projects.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'm going into this showcase with low/realistic expectations.

Opening up with Wolverine.
5 minutes of character introduction and some gameplay

Followed by Concord
Some gameplay and open beta announcement

Astrobot 2 VR
Goty announcement

A bunch of third party games like RE9 and MH Wilds

SSM Space game teaser.
20 second teaser with just the name.

Indie gamereal
20 games announced with 5secs each that we will forget almost immediately
(hate when they o that)

Ps5 Pro announcement with September release
Ghost 2 trailer to show the power

Ending with ND new IP
Full gameplay
No SSM according to Ashhong, means I need to remove it from my predictions

Ludi_Ludere

May 2, 2021
The artwork, the stuff about UGC and building a whole new pipeline for development in the cloud fooled me, I'm not gonna lie, lmao

But honestly, who looked at this picture and tought: oh wow, that's gonna be PayDay x Fortnite and will have a dollar sign in its title

FOdh9dVXsA8NzWp
Didn't they have 3 pitches? And the fairgame one was picked first? This artwork might have been something else.

i6XQpBK.gif

But yeah, guess it's probably better to go with low expectations when it comes to that game in particular lol
I wouldn't expect much, their big studios have gone recently. Biggest you can expect is like Ghost 2 & DS2 (if you count DS2 as a big one), everything else will be years away sadly. So not too much on the horizon in terms of the big ones.