PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Give me a new Infamous instead of a boomer mascot game 😤

Yes please. There are so many powersets they could go with and we've barely scratched the surface. Like imagine an inFamous protagonist with a powerset based on light powers - you could take Fetch's neon abilities as a backbone and then just go absolutely HAM with fleshing them out in every direction. Teleportation, calling down beams of light from the sky, brightening dark areas, creating a personal miniature sun and throwing it like a spirit bomb, etc.

Or, go the opposite direction. Darkness powers. Jumping in and out of personally crafted portals made out of shadows.

Oct 30, 2017
With the release of PS5 Pro this holiday season we will entering the other half of the PS5 life cycle … so hopefully we get to see what they are cooking for it.

Many first party developers released their games in the last year and so of the PS4 or the first year of PS5 …. so now it's time to have at less an image of what they have been working on.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
He is implying that but thats just him hoping or coping because he likes those kind of games. Got is taking as long as hfw and gowr its only been 4 years after a dlc and the mp mode
both HFW and GOWR were already shown at this point.
Also, if the DLC and the MP made the developement of the sequel 1 year longer, than developing them was a mistake

Azn012

May 17, 2022
both HFW and GOWR were already shown at this point.
Also, if the DLC and the MP made the developement of the sequel 1 year longer, than developing them was a mistake
They were shown earlier and what happened then? Yeah those games were delayed. Those games were also crossgen and got 2 isnt.
so far got 2 time developement is not longer than any other AAA sony sequel.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
There's always From Software themselves.

Miyazaki's recent interview this year revealed they have multiple projects in the works while confirming theres no plan for an Elden Ring sequel at this time.

One cool thing about FromSoft is, they never do remasters or remakes. Handful of From games were remastered by different studios.
Also From always have multiple games in development. It's why we see new game release from them almost every year.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
I dont believe that, after the succes of Ghost of Tsushima, Sony or Sucker Punch would put on hold the sequel to develop a new Sly Cooper.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I dont believe that, after the succes of Ghost of Tsushima, Sony or Sucker Punch would put on hold the sequel to develop a new Sly Cooper.

Precisely. The sales potential for Sly is so VASTLY lower than a Ghost sequel. Even an inFamous sequel/reboot would sell better.

I just don't think the hunger for cartoony 90s mascot platformers is there on Playstation.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Precisely. The sales potential for Sly is so VASTLY lower than a Ghost sequel. Even an inFamous sequel/reboot would sell better.

I just don't think the hunger for cartoony 90s mascot platformers is there on Playstation.

Not that I believe it could be the case but maybe they're just helping some other studio develop Sly or whatever side gig.

It's probably just Ghost 2.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Legitimately all I want for another SuckerPunch game is either a new inFamous or a collection of 1+2 with DLC

Sly can stay in the past tbh

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
I think it can be true that Sucker Punch having a few devs planning something else besides Ghost. Now whether it is Sly that I am not sure. Would have to had started recently as the said not so long ago that no one was working on the IP. Now I highly doubt that has caused Ghost development to take longer.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If a Sly Cooper game is coming anytime soon (this generation) it certainly isn't coming from Sucker Punch.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
There is no Sly Cooper game don't do this to yourself. Sony already tried to bring it back in the PS3 days.

It frankly isn't needed, and I don't think they would want resources on that.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
I think it is posible someone is working on a Sly game, not likely, but posible, despite what SP said in the past. I still have faith Sumo Digital is working in a new inFamous.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Sly would be the worst of the old Sony platformers to bring back. The only one that might get some hype behind it would be Jak & Daxter since people actually played that (the first one at least).

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pondering the possibility of Sony announcing new transformative changes to services and off-console games at the Showcase. Maybe additional BC initiatives, since we had rumors of new emulators being developed?

Also wondering if they might announce additional partnerships, like with more Korean devs around the time of the FY report

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
A new inFAMOUS could be possible if film adaptation exist.

Either reboot/reimagining/remake with nu haircut Cole McGrath.

This could be the same with Sly new animation movie finally.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Capture_decran_2024-05-12_a_17.17.29.png

Edit: not my screenshot.
Mine would be in light mode

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Ah, so they still one project studio for who knows how long.

Although, yeah, I wished they have more teams to tackle 2 projects at least... 🤷

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Picking between Sly Cooper and Ghost 2 is like FromSoft picking between Déraciné 2 and Bloodborne 2.

Guess which one will sell.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Almost everyone had figured that out.

There's insiders, there's "insiders", and there's common sense.

Dec 6, 2023
My hopes for that Astro game are diminishing more and more with yet another busted Grubb rumour. Dude's been pretty much just rambling lately.