Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
image.png

Shocking nobody, surely.

Somebody should bait him into revealing that COLONY WARS is or isn't in development right now! But on the other hand I'm afraid of the truth!1

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
That's on people for not watching the video he emphasizes that it isn't a leak or a rumour just his hopes

Also this, though he did say there was smoke, and he knows his reputation, but yeah. Another thread about Jason denying it is getting ridiculous though.

And there's also publishers being so secretive. People wouldn't be this desperate for news if they were a bit more transparent.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The Sly Cooper "rumor", which wasn't even a rumor but pure speculation, really shows what an embarrassing amount of people have the reading and hearing comprehension of a child.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how long it's going to take for everyone to finally adjust their expectations to the realities of modern dev cycle lengths.

Ghost 2 is taking a long time because shit takes a long time.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Tbf this time Grubb did warn anyone making a thread or article on that Sly part, it would be on them.

That is kinda why I didn't make the thread

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Wonder how long it's going to take for everyone to finally adjust their expectations to the realities of modern dev cycle lengths.

People also need to accept that PlayStation is no longer positioned to give their most successful studios time and budget for the smaller passion projects. Feels like Ratchet's days are numbered once they wrap up the story with one, maybe two more games. Sony's not about to start greenlighting new Ape Escapes, Jak & Daxters and such. They're all in on their biggest IPs and new ones that they feel will have the widest appeal.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Ghost 2 is taking a long time because shit takes a long time.

Yup. The truth is that most PS Studios entities will only release 1 or 2 new games this generation, and one of those games will probably be a cross gen game.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
I'm hoping for a conference announcement soon. Need something from Sony to get me interested in gaming again. Been on a break for the last couple of weeks. Couldn't even finish FF7 Rebirth — I'm chilling on chapter 12. Eventually I will.

There are so many great games out right now. I want to play them all. It's difficult mustering the motivation with all the negativity hovering over the industry.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Now that Jason Schreier has once again stated how long game dev takes, I really hope we can also stop with the unrealistic expectations on how many games a studio like Naughty Dog will release this generation.

Rixam

Jan 2, 2023
Is Sucker Punch smaller than Bend Studio?
Sucker Punch were 160 around Ghost 4 years ago so I'd imagine they've grown since then like all the other PlayStation Studios. I'd guess they're in the 200 range now

Bend said they were over 150 employees last year's and are probably still around then, maybe a bit bigger but likely still smaller than Sucker Punch

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
I was thinking: what if the next Ghost game isn't in Japan and ends up being in Europe or another continent with a different theme? It would be interesting. (Although it will probably still be in Japan and I'm still looking forward to it)

DrFreeman

May 9, 2020
i dont know if a bloodborne remake will ever happen, but sony doesnt need a first party studio to work on a first party IP owned by sony, the can collaborate with from software, or just another studio in the world, by example, ballistic moon a third party studio is workin on until dawn, a first party ip owned by sony
Of course any studio in the world can remake a game but few could be trusted to do so with a From IP. Plus Bluepoint have proven themselves.

I'm not saying they should but it'd be very stupid IMO to make a remake with From (instead of use their precious time for a sequel) when you have the Souls remake experts right there.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why Sony doesn't outsource a new Sly game to someone else since they did seem interested in the property. Like movie etc.

Jul 2, 2021
Is Ghost taking longer than expected? If it comes out next fall that'll be 5 years which seems about right given Covid, Legends and the Directors cut.
I mean the game released less than 4 years ago. 3 years and 10 months ago.
A big open-world AAA game needs 5 - 6 years. So they are totally on time, just like all the other big AAA games out there.
Nah they're definitely bigger than that.
Last thing I heard was 180 employees.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to Ghost 2 announcement but I'm also very much looking forward to Silent Hill 2 release date. I don't care what anybody thinks I'm still excited for it. I'll take any Silent Hill we can get lol

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Sony financials are this week, right? Could be another shitshow incoming 😎 Endless entertainment for free!

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
I think because this is the end of the FY report, they will announce as well how much money they will have for their entire divisions to M&A and things like that right?

I think helldivers sold more than 15 million copies, the game still have more than 100k daily players and is in the top 5 of steam best sellers and the top 10 of psn USA, the game is so big, hopefully they will announce some expansion for the game in the showcase to keep the player base playing the game

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Last edited:

Azn012

May 17, 2022
Sony financials are this week, right? Could be another shitshow incoming 😎 Endless entertainment for free!
It should be better, they just closed studios, had layoffs, not saying it's a good thing but shareholders like that, helldivers revenue and they should have reached their revised goal of ps5 sales, I think they also finished paying Bungie so no more debt but I'm sure something will cause drama

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Really interested in seeing if the next Showcase gives us a peak at what XDev Europe's been up to since Returnal, Sackboy, and Destruction AllStars. They came out the gate red hot but have been quiet as of late while the Asian department has gotten behind Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
It should be better, they just closed studios, had layoffs, not saying it's a good thing but shareholders like that, helldivers revenue and they should have reached their revised goal of ps5 sales, I think they also finished paying Bungie so no more debt but I'm sure something will cause drama
I expect it to still drop due to Sony vying to spend 20 bil on Paramount though

Wing84

Banned
Nov 21, 2022
I can't believe people genuinely thought that Sony would have one of its premier studios working on a cartoony mascot game in 2024.

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
Really interested in seeing if the next Showcase gives us a peak at what XDev Europe's been up to since Returnal, Sackboy, and Destruction AllStars. They came out the gate red hot but have been quiet as of late while the Asian department has gotten behind Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade.

I mean, Helldivers 2 is XDev, and they also announced that new version of Until Dawn.