asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I think because this is the end of the FY report, they will announce as well how much money they will have for their entire divisions to M&A and things like that right?

I think helldivers sold more than 15 million copies, the game still have more than 100k daily players and is in the top 5 of steam best sellers and the top 10 of psn USA, the game is so big, hopefully they will announce some expansion for the game in the showcase to keep the player base playing the game
On topic of M&A Sony is not buying anything for gaming. They already said that they are easing on acquisitions besides now is not even a good time for it as gaming as whole is having a recession after Covid.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Okay, let's not pretend that Insomniac is not working on the next Ratchet and Clank game. Let's cool down on the cynicism.

We don't know if they are. When the leaks happened there was a mail from Ted Price implying they would prefer to cancel the new Ratchet & new IP and move those veteran devs to Marvel stuff in case they needed to layoff people. And that ended up happening so it's very possible that Ratchet is no more.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
On topic of M&A Sony is not buying anything for gaming. They already said that they are easing on acquisitions besides now is not even a good time for it as gaming as whole is having a recession after Covid.
nah i am not saying they will acquire something, and nope, seeing everything in the industry is better to stay normal, fix their internal problems, and then acquire when the time is right, and I remember that, they said they will ease in M&A a while ago but that doesnt mean they will nto acquire anything in the future

i think is better to create internal studios like they are doing with the jason blundell team (not announced yet)

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished animal well, what a fantastic game. Still a lot more to uncover though I wonder just how obtuse these puzzles are gonna get

huggyhomer

Dec 14, 2018
So I ordered the PULSE Elite wireless headset at the end of February and I just haven't been using it as much as a thought I would because of the overall size. I have used them for maybe 3 hours total over the past couple months. Would anyone in the US be interested in trading for their PULSE Explore wireless earbuds? I would pay you an additional $50 to make up the price difference as well. I'm hoping there's someone here that would prefer the headset over the earbuds haha.
Quoting myself since my message got stuck at the end of a page.

Also, I've been playing Dave the Diver for over 30 hours. This is a great game with a really addictive loop. I might go for the platinum since I only have a handful of trophies left.

Wing84

Banned
Nov 21, 2022
What would be wrong with that? There are those of us who love to play those kinds of platformers.
Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of small teams in the indie space are creating those types of games. Sucker Punch is a large company that requires a certain amount of profit to stay afloat. Also, Sony wants games that move consoles. Mascot games don't move anything other than Nintendo consoles.

Wing84

Banned
Nov 21, 2022
Okay, let's not pretend that Insomniac is not working on the next Ratchet and Clank game. Let's cool down on the cynicism.
All (mainline) Ratchet and Clank games were developed by independent Insomniac. Also, the last I heard, Ratchet and Clank games aren't exactly lighting up the sales charts (based on the Insomniac leak data). Hopefully Insomniac replaced Ratchet and Clank with a game that a larger audience will get enticed by.

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
If the Ratchet & Clank series has gotten so many games, that means the franchise sells well enough. Not everything needs to sell like Spider-Man.

If there isn't a new R&C in the next few years, it would be great if they at least released remastered collections of PS2 and PS3 games. I believe the series gained a lot of new fans with the 2016 game and Rift Apart. I think the main games has aged really well, in terms of both gameplay and visuals. It's a really consistent franchise.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing wrong with that. Plenty of small teams in the indie space are creating those types of games. Sucker Punch is a large company that requires a certain amount of profit to stay afloat. Also, Sony wants games that move consoles. Mascot games don't move anything other than Nintendo consoles.

I want more of them too but it's not feasible for a studio the size of Sucker Punch. Someone like Asobi is staffed to make a game like Astro sure.
But Sony's "premiere" studios are going to be more risk-averse this gen and next-gen than ever before.

I'm sorry. That is just me venting more than anything. I really wish that there was a stronger market for these types of platformer games on PlayStation. Kena is one of my favorite PS5 games, and it breaks my heart that the games that made the PS2 great (in my opinion), are few and far between now. I wish Sony worked to at least give out the IPs to another studio to make the games if they were done in house. Hopefully Astro Bot helps to scratch that itch a little bit.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Playstation is kind of sitting on a goldmine of potential PS3 era remasters that I feel would sell at least enough to justify their existence, and would be far more preferable to remasters of games like TLOU2 and Horizon.

Imagine Killzone, Resistance and Infamous collections at 4k 60fps. Clean IQ and smooth framerates would drastically improve those games, as many of them still hold up nicely today via PC emulation.

But we'll probabaly just get a GOW 2018 remaster instead.

Wing84

Banned
Nov 21, 2022
I'm sorry. That is just me venting more than anything. I really wish that there was a stronger market for these types of platformer games on PlayStation. Kena is one of my favorite PS5 games, and it breaks my heart that the games that made the PS2 great (in my opinion), are few and far between now. I wish Sony worked to at least give out the IPs to another studio to make the games if they were done in house. Hopefully Astro Bot helps to scratch that itch a little bit.
No worries. I think we all understand. I really think you'd be more than satisfied by the indie space. Though, Ratchet and Clank and Kena visuals aren't common.

View: https://youtu.be/Rv3z4WEQrDc?si=24HZSfEtVtuTbLE_

Another video on indie platformers.

Ronin | Rin |

Jul 13, 2021
yv9iTWW.gif

Thanks for the laugh! :)

Hoping for a Sony showcase announcement soon, just so I can hold hope to see some MH Wilds before Summer Game Fest. The excitement of seeing a steady drip of any new MH content is the best. Besides any FROM rumors/teasers.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I've played all the R&C games and I'm good for a while....wouldn't mind if they took a long break from the franchise.

Satoru

Jan 4, 2023
Playstation is kind of sitting on a goldmine of potential PS3 era remasters that I feel would sell at least enough to justify their existence, and would be far more preferable to remasters of games like TLOU2 and Horizon.

Imagine Killzone, Resistance and Infamous collections at 4k 60fps. Clean IQ and smooth framerates would drastically improve those games, as many of them still hold up nicely today via PC emulation.

But we'll probabaly just get a GOW 2018 remaster instead.
That would be my dream!
Well actually PS3 and Vita backwards compatibility on PS5, honoring or old purchases. But I would take remasters from Infamous, Killzone, Resistance, Gow Saga, White Knight chronicles and Ratchet and clank

Jul 2, 2021
That would be my dream!
Well actually PS3 and Vita backwards compatibility on PS5, honoring or old purchases. But I would take remasters from Infamous, Killzone, Resistance, Gow Saga, White Knight chronicles and Ratchet and clank
They would rather remaster Devil Dice, Cool Borders and Philosoma before they waste another dollar on White Knight Chronicles.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
If it is a state of play then its possible will be announced and coming next week, if its a showcase its possible the announcement its next week and coming the week after, or... No announcement next week... Everything is possible

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've played all the R&C games and I'm good for a while....wouldn't mind if they took a long break from the franchise.

If the slides from the Insomniac leak end up as planned, we won't be playing another Ratchet & Clank until early in the next decade.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If the slides from the Insomniac leak end up as planned, we won't be playing another Ratchet & Clank until early in the next decade.
yeah even if they had concept art for it, I believe the leaks had it slated for around the time the PS6 is out

plus the stuff they were saying it was going to have sound like a PS6 feature in terms of technical effort

with AAA and stuff being so bloated and long to develop for I guess we are lucky to be getting one R&C per gen

Simdog497

Aug 26, 2022
I do wonder if From Soft is working on something bloodborne related? (hopium)

AFAIK, it's the first time in a while we don't know what From Software is working on next (obviously beyond Shadow of the Erdtree).

WillySJ3

Oct 31, 2017
Got my plat for Stellar Blade, what an awesome experience. Now let's continue with more Korean greatness and start Lies of P.

Simdog497

Aug 26, 2022

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Seems like they want to park their capital somewhere. If the right deal came along for gaming they might go for that too.

Having said that, with the way gaming is at the moment, I doubt there's a "right deal" anywhere at the moment.
Arrowhead would make sense, even if it's just to make sure some other company can't come along and offer them a bag to make a multiplatform spiritual successor to Helldivers. But after everything which went down in recent weeks I'm sure there's quite a lot of distrust from Arrowhead to Sony.