Simdog497

Aug 26, 2022
Arrowhead would make sense, even if it's just to make sure some other company can't come along and offer them a bag to make a multiplatform spiritual successor to Helldivers. But after everything which went down in recent weeks I'm sure there's quite a lot of distrust from Arrowhead to Sony.
Don't think it's anything that can't be smoothed over.

If anything, the fact that PlayStation reversed course so quickly means they do take on feedback from both the public and devs.

But i kinda get the feeling they want to stay independent.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Don't think it's anything that can't be smoothed over.

If anything, the fact that PlayStation reversed course so quickly means they do take on feedback from both the public and devs.

But i kinda get the feeling they want to stay independent.
Everyone wants to stay independent, until they don't. We've already seen that with the acquisitions of Insomniac and Bungie when it comes to Sony.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Also to add on top of that, if there's ever gonna be a time to sell for Arrowhead it would be now after their big breakout success. I still don't think it was a coincidence that Insomniac for example sold just after Spider-Man 2018's huge success. Not that they weren't successful before that of course, but Spider-Man blew all their previous games out of the water which obviously increases a studio's worth.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I feel like this PSN controversy will be temporary because I can't imagine Sony finds it sustainable and good to have their games inaccessible to over 100 countries and territories. I know Sony does stupid things sometimes (a lot) but this will get reversed.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I feel like this PSN controversy will be temporary because I can't imagine Sony finds it sustainable and good to have their games inaccessible to over 100 countries and territories. I know Sony does stupid things sometimes (a lot) but this will get reversed.
The sane thing for Sony to do here is to do everything in their power to make sure PSN is available everywhere as soon as possible, even if in a lot of countries it's just limited availability like making an account and using it to play games with the PlayStation Store. Sony rakes in billions a year through PSN, there's just no reason to have such limited availability.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Seems fairly muted, compared to the Helldivers fiasco. Even the steam forums aren't that crazed.

Still, Sony needs to get on this and expand PSN as much as they can. If they want to bring it onto PC, they need to support more then 70 countries. Your losing a huge chunk of customers.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
The sane thing for Sony to do here is to do everything in their power to make sure PSN is available everywhere as soon as possible, even if in a lot of countries it's just limited availability like making an account and using it to play games with the PlayStation Store. Sony rakes in billions a year through PSN, there's just no reason to have such limited availability.
Plus if they want to pump up their MAUs, the easiest way to do that is increasing their availability.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024

The psn restriction i thought it would get reversed but instead they restricted again with ghost of tsushima, psn has been this since more than a decade ago, non supported countries have been creating psn accounts selecting another country since years and years and years, i mean i hope they fix this next week, or tomorrow, or next month, but wouldnt be strange if this doesnt get fixed at all for years or never, the only way they do this very very quick is by just not asking for psn account on PC, not even optional, and everyone knows they will not do that, thats an esscencial part of their pc plans, expand psn accounts MAU

I think people should just move on and just forget about it until is reversed or not

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
Seems fairly muted, compared to the Helldivers fiasco. Even the steam forums aren't that crazed.

Still, Sony needs to get on this and expand PSN as much as they can. If they want to bring it onto PC, they need to support more then 70 countries. Your losing a huge chunk of customers.
Sony really need to fix that but.... Big chunk? Ghost of tsushima is almost in the top 10 preordera of steam globally, helldivers is in the top 5 I think right now, both without the "big chunk" of those countries, thinking about it.. if those countries would have represented a big chunk of playstation pc MAU or CCU they would inmediatly just not require psn account not even optional, instead they restricted all of those countries (hopefully temporarely), i would imagine sony will fix this problem becase is still money being lost, but i doubt its a big amount of money in comparison to the regions that are psn supported

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Man, the hit effects/sounds in that combat video are awful. Choppy, weak-sounding impacts, etc. There's no sense of weight or presence, it just looks like visual noise.

Yeah, mentioned this when that footage came out years ago. I really hope they were able to improve this aspect becasue that's a really crucial part of a good combat system.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Almost as good as Stellar Blade! Can Sony sign more Korean games?
First Descendant should be out this year.

giphy.gif

Crimson Desert hopefully next year.

giphy.gif

Not sure who has the marketing deals for both of those. They'll both be pretty big.

Last edited:

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
First Descendant should be out this year.

giphy.gif

Crimson Desert hopefully next year.

giphy.gif

Not sure who has the marketing deals for both of those. They'll both be pretty big.
Crimson Desert has one of those trailers that keeps you wondering if they literally put everything in the game. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Damn, Jason Schreier shot that Sly Cooper thing mercilessly.^^

Tomorrow, Sony's FY23 earnings. Should be interesting. Hopefully it's really bad so we get the showcase sooner (just kidding... maybe.)

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
I think the profit margins for the quarter should be in the green because of layoffs ( shit!) and iirc bungie acq expense is finally done , every thing else will be good too but takahashi will still be like - " Life uh finds a way" . Hopefully profit margins for full fiscal year is up yoy. Damn this financial talk is so boring . Announce the showcase!

Dezpim

Mar 22, 2024
I think the profit margins for the quarter should be in the green because of layoffs ( shit!) and iirc bungie acq expense is finally done , every thing else will be good too but takahashi will still be like - " Life uh finds a way" . Hopefully profit margins for full fiscal year is up yoy. Damn this financial talk is so boring . Announce the showcase!

Hard to imagine revenue/profit not surpassing expectations given Helldivers. Hope we get some sales figures.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I finished Doom Eternal.

I bought it a year ago and played it a little bit but I wasn't in the mood so I left it and came back to it a few days ago and started it again and oh my god! A new benchmark for first-person shooter single-player games.

The hype is unreal for the new Doom (year zero?) and I hope MS doesn't make it exclusive.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Considering SE's forecast for next year, I don't think they will show up this summer, feels like they only have Dawntrail. Already losing interest in the showcase ...

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday I finished Doom Eternal.

I bought it a year ago and played it a little bit but I wasn't in the mood so I left it and came back to it a few days ago and started it again and oh my god! A new benchmark for first-person shooter single-player games.

The hype is unreal for the new Doom (year zero?) and I hope MS doesn't make it exclusive.

It's still on Extra, right? I have to play it before it lives the service...

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Next week is White Monday not sure if its a holiday in the rest of the world?
If it is then Sony wont announce it today for next monday as they are not going to do a show on a holiday.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Next week is White Monday not sure if its a holiday in the rest of the world?
If it is then Sony wont announce it today for next monday as they are not going to do a show on a holiday.
Not here in the UK (since 1967 at least) but we do have a random bank holiday on the last Monday of May

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Last year before the announcement I believe we got 1-2 hours before the official announcement "leaks" from several (?) people including Deallabs about the announcement coming that day. (Probably because the PS socials teams were getting ready to inform everyone that it got leaked)
Probably will also happen this year.