vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Now cut the price Sony!

Still thinking that will come around the time of the PS5 Pro to let them price everything more appropriately. I'm still hoping for:

$399 - PS5 Digital
$449 - PS5 Disc
$499 - PS5 Pro Digital
$549 - PS5 Pro Disc

What missed to reach those sales would a price cut.

It's still too expensive to most people.

That's another factor sure. As I mentioned above though, I do think the Pro will bring in the price reduction for the base PS5 too, so that may have occurred if the Pro had launched this past holiday. I wouldn't be surprised if they're able to hit another 20 million this current FY on the back of the Showcase, the PS5 Pro and the possible release of GTA6.

toppa

Aug 25, 2023
Hell ya! We can finally get this up on the side of that hotel in Los Angeles.
hermen_scarface.png
What is this pic from?

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sold 20.8m for the FY. They only missed their fiscal year target of 21m by 200k. Not bad at all.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I read that it's the best Q4 for Playstation ever apart from last year's (probably due to the relaunch of the PlayStation 5 worldwide).

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
$11,500,020,000 for investing in the next 3 years for those interested

$1.85bil operating income for the full year, $680mil for the quarter.

11.5 billion for M&A for the next 3 years? Lower than what they've had the past 3 years, IIRC (figure escapes me at the moment). I presume this doesn't include the potential cost for Paramount.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
11.5 billion for M&A for the next 3 years? Lower than what they've had the past 3 years, IIRC (figure escapes me at the moment). I presume this doesn't include the potential cost for Paramount.
I believe that they decreased it at some point. The issue is that Yen value has went down massively in the past few years. It is now roughly 150 Yen to 1 Dollar

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Q4 Operating Income last year: $240m
Q4 Operating Income this year: $670m

Margins improved too since that's this community's favorite buzzword now

Dust

C H A O S
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf Hulst???? I did not expect that honestly 🤔. Now everything being Horizon makes sense.

Simdog497

Aug 26, 2022
I believe that they decreased it at some point. The issue is that Yen value has went down massively in the past few years. It is now roughly 150 Yen to 1 Dollar
Does it actually mean anything though? Seems like they can just ignore that and go ahead and try and buy Paramount/ zee/ that other one that surfaced recently.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Helldivers impact is definitely hugely felt in these figures. Hope they can continue to make it a success.

Does it actually mean anything though? Seems like they can just ignore that and go ahead and try and buy Paramount/ zee/ that other one that surfaced recently.
You are right, its just a reported target for shareholders, but everyone knows that if an opportunity presents itself (ie Paramount), this figure can change wildly.

Simdog497

Aug 26, 2022
Helldivers impact is definitely hugely felt in these figures. Hope they can continue to make it a success.

You are right, its just a reported target for shareholders, but everyone knows that if an opportunity presents itself (ie Paramount), this figure can change wildly.
Wonder if they will get asked about paramount during the q&a actually

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
In a sense Hermen's job doesn't change all that much, he just has more strength to make executive decisions within First Party and he can request more budget and do bigger moves.

That's true, with the hardware and software split that's likely the case. I wonder how much freedom and power he ultimately has and if he's gonna shake things up. Gonna be interesting.

Woke up to that Tales of Xillia dual protagonist news lmao

Lmao wait now I just wanna listen to that bomb ass intro song 😭

Dust

C H A O S
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skimming through and actually decent financials, expected much worse honestly. Nothing directly about HD2 in the slides but you can tell it contributed massively.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
From Gematsu

• There are 118 million monthly active users on PlayStation Network as of March 31, 2024, which is up 10 million from the 108 million active users during the same period the previous fiscal year.
  • PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 software combined sold 72.6 million units during the three months ended March 31, 2024, which is up 4.6 million from the 68 million software sold during the same period the previous fiscal year. 12.3 million units were first-party titles, which is up 2.8 million from the 9.5 million units sold during the same period the previous fiscal year. 77 percent of software sales were full game software digital downloads, which is up seven percent from the same period the previous fiscal year.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Ya know what, I don't care even if Sony does give an official sales prediction that differs, I think this current FY will have a solid chance of shifting more consoles than last FY did. Between the Pro, a potential price cut (my guess) and the hype of GTA6 which very well might land next year, I think that alone will help to push the PS5 to new heights. Then add on the hype of whatever else Sony shows at their Showcase(s)

P.J.

Nov 1, 2023

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh cool. My brain is stupid 😁

Welp, based on the numbers I'm seeing posted, the PS5 is currently only 800k behind the PS4 when launch aligned. With the Pro coming and the release of GTA6, I have zero doubt that the PS5 is gonna sail well past the PS4 soon enough.
Yup.
B-b-b-but SonyToo!
The industry!

When you look at the massive price difference between the two it is even more impressive how good PS5 is actually selling.
Yeah.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

Yup, all that hate, meanwhile he did incredibly.