vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
All hail Jimbo. While hitting the 25 million mark would've been the perfect crowning achievement, this will still do nicely.

Curious to see if the new CEOs might be doing some interviews soon to share their thoughts on things and their vision for what's to come.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
Did PS really had more profit than Nintendo? Wow.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
Quick glance at these results smells like some recovery. Forecast isn't too bad either. Now two showcases with two CEOs please

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
To me it seems they did good overall. Above what I expected, especially HW wise.

toppa

Aug 25, 2023
No wonder they had to find two people to replace him.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
In the core games business, the PlayStation 5's upcoming game pipeline appears questionable, as Sony has said it won't release any titles from its biggest first-party franchises like God of War or Bloodborne in the year to March.

God of War and... WHAT

Ngl that part of Mochi's article had me laughing

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

Xbox only did 0.8? Surely not?

That is horrendously bad if that is the case.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Final Shape been doing well on pre orders.
yyyCwmq.png

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
God of War and... WHAT

Ngl that part of Mochi's article had me laughing

You don't know the long-running franchise Bloodborne, utterly packed to the brim with so many sequels and spinoffs that gamers are begging for Sony to focus on something else already?

Xbox only did 0.8? Surely not?

That is horrendously bad if that is the case.

I think that's Welfare's estimate, but yeah it's very possible it's even a bit lower than that

Urggh, sorry about the double tag :)

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
yyyCwmq.png

It always was gonna do well. I remember folks about 3 months ago losing their shit that pre-orders were behind what the last expansion achieved. Yeah, well no shit, Final Shape was still 3 months out!

I've had my pre-order in since last year. Can't wait 😄

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Welp, that was some good news to go to bed on.

Friends, let's see what Random Tuesday brings us!

Feb 16, 2022
yyyCwmq.png
People really underestimate how big Destiny once was, that even a "weaker" Destiny with "lower" numbers is still something most games would be envious with.

It's why that "missed its projection/sales target" thing was so ridiculous. Not only did their internal projections were so messed up, people trying to use that as a sign that Destiny is "dying" really had to ignore other reports saying Lightfall had broke some records for the series too.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
People really underestimate how big Destiny once was, that even a "weaker" Destiny with "lower" numbers is still something most games would be envious with.
Still does 80k on Steam daily lately.

It's one of those games that I never imagined was so big.

Like PUBG that I thought it was dead, then I look at STEAM charts and is having 300k players lol

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like FY 25 is when software should start recovering, especially with stuff like GTA VI and first party like Marathon

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

It's why that "missed its projection/sales target" thing was so ridiculous. Not only did their internal projections were so messed up, people trying to use that as a sign that Destiny is "dying" really had to ignore other reports saying Lightfall had broke some records for the series too.

Yup.