tmac456

May 27, 2020
Far better results than I expected. HD2 being an absolute mega hit certainly helps. Great news all around

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
The reason why HD2 works so well because in game monetization never feels like a hindrance and even it feels like it doesn't exist. Major reason being it is not f2p. Concord should not be f2p and be reasonably priced imo

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
So when the hell are they announcing PS anime that leaked last year??maybe at the Sony meeting 👀

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
So from my understanding he wiggled out on the question if the restructuring efforts are complete in SIE. No clear answer on that.

Dust

C H A O S
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reason why HD2 works so well because in game monetization never feels like a hindrance and even it feels like it doesn't exist. Major reason being it is not f2p. Concord should not be f2p and be reasonably priced imo
Yeah. It has the least annoying monetization model I've seen and should be the gold standard for paid GAAS.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I think this is a big benefit, but one that no publisher will actually take notes off when it comes to F2P or charging 30-50. They will just go wait we can charge and still do all the F2P microtransactions day 1.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Totoki is suggesting Strategic Investment split shouldnt be too different to the previous mid term, where Sony Music had the highest Strategic Investment and Gaming/Picture were roughly equal (I assume this is under the situation that Paramount deal is not happening?)

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
IMG_9234.png

Curious that they expect a profit increase impacted by PS+.
Wonder how they going to achieve that, hopefully not a price increase.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Curious that they expect a profit increase impacted by PS+.
Wonder how they going to achieve that, hopefully not a price increase.

GTA VI?

It will be "the" game for millions of players and many, many will buy a console for it.

Edit:

Oh 2024... Maybe hoping that games like Helldivers 2 and Concord will drive more people into PSN?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

If Concord is still on track for this year then we're definitely seeing it at the next Showcase. I believe Hermen mentioned that he'd be playing it since Sony acquired Firewalk over a year ago. This is one of the more interesting upcoming first party games because of that. Whatever they have ended up impressing Sony enough to acquire them before they even released their first game.

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
So we can expect around 3B USD investments for SIE in the next 3 years. Too much for separate partner studios, not enough for bigger companies. A strange number. I guess they will pursue RPG and mobile devs and rely on slow and careful expansion.

May be one bigger deal and a few smallers.

Simdog497

Aug 26, 2022
So we can expect around 3B USD investments for SIE in the next 3 years. Too much for separate partner studios, not enough for bigger companies. A strange number. I guess they will pursue RPG and mobile devs and rely on slow and careful expansion.

May be one bigger deal and a few smallers.
Sounds like it's just an estimate.

Can be more or less, case in point- paramount.

Dust

C H A O S
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony will invest in S.Korea and China more and more. Untapped market and much cheaper than chasing some of the stuff they did.

I definitely think FF7R Part 3 might be the final deal with SE (if there is one anyway).

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Too bad there are so many distractions. Need to watch back the recording. But what was that comment about July release?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Hermen and Nishino were chosen as CEOs for their background and experience.

Need for PlayStation Studios will increase in the coming years, and so they needed to put more focus into it to make sure they have steady and successful releases to hit profit targets or something along those lines