Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Make a Thread please by using this screenshot

No one does it like Angie on these here forums

Hermen and Nishino were chosen as CEOs for their background and experience.

Need for PlayStation Studios will increase in the coming years, and so they needed to put more focus into it to make sure they have steady and successful releases to hit profit targets or something along those lines

Love to see it.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
image.png
Stolen from discord

Make the thread, insider modiz teases Bloodborne 2 FY26.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019

Need for PlayStation Studios will increase in the coming years, and so they needed to put more focus into it to make sure they have steady and successful releases to hit profit targets or something along those lines
Good thing they havent cut down their workforce which would reduce the output of PlayStation Studios!

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
I still can't get over how much Totoki sounds like a new Atelier game

Atelier Totoki - The Alchemist and the Mysterious Boardroom

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021

Makes sense with Hermen as the new CEO probably one of the reasons he was also chosen

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This one was quite interesting.

My takes:
- Some critics arent wrong that Helldivers massively helped these results, but I think it has also paved the way for fairly sustainable GaaS releases, moderately budgeted games with fair monetization and support is the way to go and will be most likely to appeal imo.

- Some potential signaling of "Tentpole" reveals for next showcase, they could have avoided that question or answered more vaguely than they have.

- Hardware is on a decline now and slightly faster than the PS4, not a cause for concern just yet but we are likely going to see less total PS5s sold than PS4 (with way higher hardware revenue)

- PS+ transition and price increase have been paying off.

- Approximately 3 Billion dollars or 450 Billion Yen for Gaming strategic investments this mid term is the plan (obviously can be changed massively depending on opportunities), with a similar focus on IP as the previous mid term, basically if there will be a move it'll be on a Bungie scale or a few studios (for example, sony's investment in From Software valued the company at 1 Billion dollars at the time).

And most important take of all

- Mochizuki will report Sony more positively if they were to announce Bloodborne 2.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
18 million means a 10% decline, they are not gonna make it with this price point
- Hardware is on a decline now and slightly faster than the PS4, not a cause for concern just yet but we are likely going to see less total PS5s sold than PS4 (with way higher hardware revenue)
it must be noted that the PS5 gen is probably gonna be longer and that GTA6 is yet to release (and next gen only EAFC and COD too)

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Yeah 18 million is a high goal for this year, I expect at some point a price decrease (or allot of sales throughout the year)

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wonder if Sony will have GTA 6 marketing. Obviously the way things have been going it seems unlikely Microsoft would have it, but I think it's probably paramount PlayStation has snapped it up -- especially now they don't have Call of Duty anymore.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
These are very good sales. Especially considering they were not particularly aggressive with promotions (at least in Europe.)

Back from my very first ban by the way.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Sony will have GTA 6 marketing. Obviously the way things have been going it seems unlikely Microsoft would have it, but I think it's probably paramount PlayStation has snapped it up -- especially now they don't have Call of Duty anymore.

It'd be kind of surprising if they didn't. They've had a pretty tight relationship with Rockstar for over a decade now when it comes to marketing.

Dust

C H A O S
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If GTA VI was day 1 on PC, I would have guessed a platform agnostic campaign by T2 themselves. But with it being PS and Xbox only at launch and PS kinda becoming the only viable platform to market, it would be beneficial for both of them to partner up.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
Looking at all the news, this all seems pretty positive. I like that Hermen is responsible for the studio part now. You go from Ryan who didn't really seem to care about games to Hulst who has successfully directed a game company. I'm of the opinion that Hermen will probably listen to fan demand and have a Bloodborne remake as a day-1 PS6 launch title.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Looking at all the news, this all seems pretty positive. I like that Hermen is responsible for the studio part now. You go from Ryan who didn't really seem to care about games to Hulst who has successfully directed a game company. I'm of the opinion that Hermen will probably listen to fan demand and have a Bloodborne remake as a day-1 PS6 launch title.

Hulst was still in charge of first party. If he had wanted a Bloodborne remake I doubt Jim Ryan would have stopped him.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard from people inside SIE that Hermen's first executive order will be to have a PlayStation Yacht built in the Netherlands for 500million $. It'll make it easier for him to take holidays every other week and post selfies on Instagram, here's a rendering of the boat:

PSYacht4.jpg

I have no idea what "Puctating" means, maybe a new game??

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Hermen was already responsible for the studios part over the past 5 years.
Ryan might not have cared about games like people want, but he definitely understood the market for them.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Reading between the lines, I assume we might see during the showcase games scheduled for 2026-2027 (or even further.) I'm fine with this.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Reading between the lines, I assume we might see during the showcase games scheduled for 2026-2027 (or even further.) I'm fine with this.
Idk about 2027, but it did seem like they are confident about their lineup in the next 2 fiscal years, and to me that read like they are going to announce some of those "tentpole" titles in the showcase, otherwise they could have remained vague about it.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having issues with PSN right now? i can log in and view the PSN store, but any game i try and connect to says i need to be signed into PSN

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
They said they have 3b set for acquisitions for PS.

And since they don't put uncertainties in those budgets (like they didn't include Paramount money in the 11b), that means they probably already have the targets set for it.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Totoki is suggesting Strategic Investment split shouldnt be too different to the previous mid term, where Sony Music had the highest Strategic Investment and Gaming/Picture were roughly equal (I assume this is under the situation that Paramount deal is not happening?)
In other words, expects adquisitions in Sony Music, SIE and Sony Pictures

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

And since they don't put uncertainties in those budgets (like they didn't include Paramount money in the 11b), that means they probably already have the targets set for it.
note that this could be more then just studios like how Sony acquired that headphone manufacturer last year

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

They didn't actually specify 3B for gaming, they just said that they can look to the split of last mid term as an indicator for next mid term.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Dust

C H A O S
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I said, I don't see anything else than Arrowhead because both parties have hands tied and have to deal one with another. Nothing else makes sense to me (aside obviously some potential upstart new devs).

People should be sour on acquisitions at this point.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
This one was quite interesting.

My takes:
- Some critics arent wrong that Helldivers massively helped these results, but I think it has also paved the way for fairly sustainable GaaS releases, moderately budgeted games with fair monetization and support is the way to go and will be most likely to appeal imo.

- Some potential signaling of "Tentpole" reveals for next showcase, they could have avoided that question or answered more vaguely than they have.

- PS+ transition and price increase have been paying off.

- Approximately 3 Billion dollars or 450 Billion Yen for Gaming strategic investments this mid term is the plan (obviously can be changed massively depending on opportunities), with a similar focus on IP as the previous mid term, basically if there will be a move it'll be on a Bungie scale or a few studios (for example, sony's investment in From Software valued the company at 1 Billion dollars at the time).

And most important take of all

- Mochizuki will report Sony more positively if they were to announce Bloodborne 2.
I don't understand that hardware is in decline when it hasn't even been on the market for 4 full years. I understand that it is due to the state of the current economy, economic inflation, etc.