Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I don't understand that hardware is in decline when it hasn't even been on the market for 4 full years. I understand that it is due to the state of the current economy, economic inflation, etc.

Hardware didn't decline this FY. It was higher than last FY. But just like PS4, this will be the peak FY for hardware. Hardware will be on decline from now on. But that's normal.

JAY_HORROR

Sep 27, 2021
Helldivers 2 12 Million sold well done Arrowhead and Sony. Legit a big franchise now. The report was also better than expected and good to see profits increase hopefully we can avoid more lay offs. We are for sure see Concord soon now and its time bring on the showcase

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK
25-26 could include:

GOT2
SSM new IP
ND new IP
Horizon MP
Wolverine

So it's not difficult to see how they have major tentpole games lined up for that period

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
image.png
Stolen from discord

Stolen from Discord. Major news.

GNhmuP-WQAA25er
i love this place

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Dec 6, 2023
Time to see if that Pearl Abyss partnership happened

www.resetera.com

(RUMOR) Crimson Desert to be released Q1 2025; Playable demo at Gamescom 2024 + Doke V and Plan 8

https://x.com/ignusthewise/status/1790304672399376624?s=46&t=wyBRlGKyprLQ4M4MY_bgyQ Known for previous leaks related to Black Myth: Wukong. Doke V after Crimson Desert: https://x.com/ignusthewise/status/1790305190903443878?s=46&t=wyBRlGKyprLQ4M4MY_bgyQ Plan 8 for FY26; An MMO Shooter...

Same leaker also taking about Phantom Blade Zero at the showcase

Crimson Desert looks insane, curious to see more of it

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
Would investments in Epic come out of the acquisition budget?

Most likely Sony Group Investment.

If SIE budget is around 2-4B USD range, i can see them making one big investments + 2-3 smaller studios. What are the possible big investments? I think that it will depend on the Sony-Paramount deal. Paramount have a lot more IPs that can be adapt into games.

Also it depends if the potential merged entity Sony-Paramount Pictures will have an interest to collaborate with SIE, but eventually it will be for the best Sony Group's interest.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Apart from Elon Musk, does any other executive wear as many BIG hats as Hiroki Totoki does?
Sony's President, COO, CFO and SIE Chairman God damn, man!

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about where Square Enix currently sits…

I am genuinely curious where Final Fantasy really is in mindshare in the mainstream in general nowadays. I get the feeling games journalism and places like this might be a big ol bubble with respect to… kind of a lot of what Square Enix has to offer. Because Dragon Quest has to be smaller than Final Fantasy. Is Kingdom Hearts their biggest "thing" now? I'm not sure if it's bigger than Final Fantasy but Final Fantasy has definitely retracted in the last few entries.

Dunno. I woke up not feeling optimistic about SE. I hope the multiplatform push settles the waters over there, but I'm not sure…

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
A remake or remaster is going to happen at some point. Sony doesn't continually make new Bloodborne merchandise to goof around. They know that it's popular. It's just matter of how to release a new version of it.

Sony doesn't make Bloodborne merch. Third party companies do that. Sony just doesn't care enough to say no if someone is willing to pay them a licensing fee to make shirts and stuff.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Funny thing with trailers like this these days : only five seconds and you can say "oh great, another Souls-like."

The font they use is awfully close to Forspoken's though, with that title it's confusing.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
Fuck yes! Great financials for playstation and if the showcase is fire then with this 1-2 punch #SonyToo narrative will badly die.

Dude shinobi said next year is big for sie and now we know know that fy25 and fy26 are big. ANNOUNCE .THE.SHOWCASE.

Two ceo approach is a great thing for playstation imo . Let them both play to their strength. Only advice for playstation is they should open "Sister studios for their already established studios" where labour cost is low and is a home for console game dev like japan. The idea is "Naughty Dog Japan " would work on principals and goals of naughty dog with even leadership from naughty dog handling the japan one. Maybe shaun or kurt or anyone can lead that studio, same with "Santa monica japan" and such. Just my two cents.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
Alright people, last time Hermen snagged Kojima to announce a new game at the end of the Sop/Showcase.

Who will he snag this time?
(And remember, he has even more power now)

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
FY report is out & Helldivers 2 at 12 million.

Now announce that Ragnarök PC & Showcase date & be done with it.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Genuine Q -- how did DS1 do? I know we're all hoping for decent numbers, but it felt kinda niche (unless I've missed some sales milestones)

Not great at launch, I remember Sony saying releases in that FY were underwhelming or something along those lines (the big titles in that year were Days Gone and Death Stranding).

Due to Insomniac leaks we know it sold 4.4M (178M$ net sales) on PS4 as of February 2022. Director's Cut sold 262k on PS5.

Back then PC should've been around a million since in july 2021 they said game sold 5M on PS & PC combined.