Nerd123

Aug 18, 2022
So ready for Sony to just announce the Showcase. I notice every year I get too attached to this time of the year when the big showcases are about to happen.
All my fault...it's like a disease. But I need some really cool announcements to get excited about. The Square Enix sales news got me down.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
My big sticking point is the price. Sony has been adamant for a while that they don't have room for a permanent price cut. If they can figure out how to do a $399 every day price with $299 Black Friday bundles, then I could see sales topping the PS4. That said, I'm expecting the PS5 Pro to be $599 minimum at launch.

It will be interesting to see.

We have barely seen what even a temporary sale of the PS5 being $399/$349 for the SKUs can do. Sony isn't flexible on price largely because the PS5 sells well at a high price and its nearest competitor (Xbox) has been greatly diminished this gen outside the height of the pandemic. But theyd absolutely drop the price if they needed to.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I've said it for months; a $599 PS5 Pro will be a "wait for the inevitable price drop" for most consumers in the current economic situations facing most of the world.

If it launches there, they will have a lot of supply sitting around waiting for retailers to just say "we gotta get this shit moving"

Higher than a $599 price instantly becomes a meme, lol

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022

As previously announced, Legends co-op multiplayer mode will include cross-play between players on PS4 consoles, PS5 consoles and PC. Legends will be functional on PC at launch, but you won't be automatically matched with players on different platforms. Cross-play will launch in beta, meaning you can try it out by inviting your PlayStation Network friends. We would love your feedback as we continue to make adjustments in the weeks following launch!
So people won't have to link to a psn at first? Or I'm reading it wrong? Because if you aren't matched automatically with PS4/PS5 players but only PC player psn isn't required no?

Last edited:

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
So ready for Sony to just announce the Showcase. I notice every year I get too attached to this time of the year when the big showcases are about to happen.
All my fault...it's like a disease. But I need some really cool announcements to get excited about. The Square Enix sales news got me down.
This time of year is always fun regardless of good or bad shows.

A bit of hype & fun is also nice with all the crap going on in the industry at large :(

sazz

Aug 3, 2020
London, UK

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Got the Platinum for Crow Country last night. What a special game. I don't want a sequel but I definitely want more indies to ape games from the PS1 era instead of just pixel stuff.

I only just started but it's nostalgia in the absolute best way. I'm seriously loving this game so far

Added to my collection. The only one I've completed is Signalis which is a fantastically creepy game. Still got my backlog to get through but definitely going to make October my PS1 horror throwback month and play these games.

18f77d288390-screenshot-Url.jpg

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Added to my collection. The only one I've completed is Signalis which is a fantastically creepy game. Still got my backlog to get through but definitely going to make October my PS1 horror throwback month and play these games.

Are you me? Lmao. I've got Alisa in y backlog too. I'm a sucker for these retro survival horror indie games, they're too good.

Toiletduck

Dec 10, 2017

I love my PlayStation Portal. Can't wait to play Diablo S4 on it.

Happy to hear it's doing well and is exceeding Sony's expectations. I hope they 1) announce a PS5/Portal bundle (could be nice for folks who haven't bought a PS5, yet) 2) announce new colour options and 3) update the software to add bitrate options and fix the stutter issues (I don't notice them that much, but it should be an easy software fix for Sony to match the PS5's stream refresh rate with the Portal's screen refresh rate — third party remote play app developers are already doing it).

Satoru

Jan 4, 2023
I love my PlayStation Portal. Can't wait to play Diablo S4 on it.

Happy to hear it's doing well and is exceeding Sony's expectations. I hope they 1) announce a PS5/Portal bundle (could be nice for folks who haven't bought a PS5, yet) 2) announce new colour options and 3) update the software to add bitrate options and fix the stutter issues (I don't notice them that much, but it should be an easy software fix for Sony to match the PS5's stream refresh rate with the Portal's screen refresh rate — third party remote play app developers are already doing it).
Yup! Since I got mine I rarely play on the TV. Currently playing The pathless and Scarlet Nexus this way!
I'm glad it's doing well too! Of course I still hope for a ''Playstation Deck'' with shared library but the Portal is close enough!
Also it''s so comfortable!

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A Portal would be cool to have, but it is still at the bottom of my tech needs. I really want to get a new laptop this year, if possible.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
I definitely want a portal but it's currently too pricey for me. Hopefully next year.

Oct 27, 2017

I watched Bawkbasoup play Alisa and Signalis, I think those ones might be too scary for me lol

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they sell Concord at a reduced price instead of F2P, like HD2 and then do a good monetization practice, like HD2 but for PVP, so possibly they'd have to consider not selling guns or maps or balance/population hurting purchases, then will it find a healthy ecosystem between Sony and the consumer in terms of revenue?

They have to find a non hostile way to present dlc.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Main reason I want it for lol
It will not disappoint in that regard :P

I am sorely tempted to try and get one before Vampire Survivors and Shadow of the Erdtree.
I don't think I could play Elden Ring on it, not because of latency or anything, but because I need to have every single pixel on the big screen. Man I can't believe it's only like a month before we get to dive back into that game.

VS will definitely be getting some portal use though!

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
I wonder if they sell Concord at a reduced price instead of F2P, like HD2 and then do a good monetization practice, like HD2 but for PVP, so possibly they'd have to consider not selling guns or maps or balance/population hurting purchases, then will it find a healthy ecosystem between Sony and the consumer in terms of revenue?

They have to find a non hostile way to present dlc.
Maybe the HD2 price is how they will price MP-only games?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the HD2 price is how they will price MP-only games?
As long as the post content is balanced, fair and also well priced without causing division in the population of the game and or expiring as some seasons do then I think that will be a good approach to follow.

Since unlike SP games, MP games make more money in the long run.