• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
https://gematsu.com/2019/02/ps-vita-production-ending-soon-in-japan
Sal Romano said:
While a specific end date is currently unknown, it is worth noting that when PlayStation 3 ended production back in May 2017, the official Japanese PlayStation website posted the same notice two months prior.

PS Vita first launched in December 2011.
9njgq.jpg

Last edited:

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best handhelds ever. That battery life was amazing. Its my PS1 emulator nowadays though.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I seriously need to get on ordering one of them new models before the console gets harder to get. My OG Vita has a busted left analogue :(

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be interested to watch the youtube retrospectives. Mine has gathered dust basically sense day one.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of thought they had already stopped production for a while.m to be honest.

I was tempted a couple of times to buy a used one, but it just doesn't offer much for me. I already have a good PC and a PSP for emulation, and the few games that interested me on it were also available on PS4.

And while the device was pretty cool with its touchscreen and sticks, it never was as sexy as the PSP (which is still the sexiest handheld ever in my eyes, rivaled only by the Switch).

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I wish all the games would be enabled on PS4 since a lot of things are stuck there :(

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, guess I'm going to have to import before the year is out. Neon Orange and Khaki here I come.

Last edited:

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
If anyone is looking for Vitas now. I still see a lot of OLEDs slung on local buy and sells for dirt cheap. I picked up a second one for $50 in case my launch one dies.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
It's depressing that this might be the last Sony Handheld. The Vita is one of my favorite handhelds and I hope Sony learn from their mistakes and try again.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Really liked the console, as it was really a perfect VN machine....

Will miss playing VNs on vita....

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
what a frustrating failure by sony. why did they even move forward with this project if they didn't have any longterm plans for it? the behind the scenes on this would be pretty interesting, but i believe it would boil down to sony japan wanting to do a thing and sony america rolling their eyes and half-assing it just as much as they needed to make it seem like they tried.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Vita Ora tried for a couple of months. She'll never be forgotten because of the Danganronpa localizations. Thanks for that.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite everything, the hardware was stellar. I should still find one of the original models one of these days.

Dec 2, 2017
Epic system, lasted years longer than (much of) this community said it would, people were carving its tombstone back in 2014. Wouldn't shock me if it still gets releases in 2020, even a game or two 2021. PSP lasted forever as a zombie system.