• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Skyrim looks amazing. I've only seen friends play it years ago so this will be all new to me. Was torn on the price but after that stream I'll get it day one without a second thought.

Sounds like Doom is teleport only + snap movement, if I got that right. Does not support DS4 at all? Has this been confirmed? Looks great from the stream even with only teleport, would still love to be able to use smooth movement.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Ah man, was wondering where this thread was, didnt realize it was in hangouts...

Ok, watched.

Skyrim looks amazing. I've only seen friends play it years ago so this will be all new to me. Was torn on the price but after that stream I'll get it day one without a second thought.

Sounds like Doom is teleport only + snap movement, if I got that right. Does not support DS4 at all? Has this been confirmed? Looks great from the stream even with only teleport, would still love to be able to use smooth movement.

I believe DS4, Moves, and AIM are all supported for DOOM(heard it mentioned in one of the new videos, and all 3 are listed in the game details on the PSN store). And yeah seems it still teleport only for movement no matter what?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Ah man, was wondering where this thread was, didnt realize it was in hangouts...

Ok, watched.
Yeah, I was waiting for it to be created, then found it via a Twitter link. lol.

Part of me thinks having it not constantly in the top threads in gaming is just gonna allow more people to claim that "VR is dead. No one is talking about it anymore."

valeu

Oct 27, 2017
Hooray. Post 1. I've been playing Dead Hungry tonight. If you don't know what it is, you're standing in a food track, using Moves to make burgers on the grill with various toppings, plus french fries and fried shrimp, pizzas and drinks (and other foods are unlocked), Job Simulator-style. Zombies approach, you throw them food, and the quality of your food preparation determines how big a dent you make in each zombies' meter and your score (a 3-star rating gives you unlockables). As you curb their appetites with food, their meters go down and they turn back into humans. It's pure fun. And on sale for $14.99........................I found some scoring tips online: 1) The zombies' hunger gauges are the basic points, but there's overkill - important to getting those 3 star clears! On any level where you can keep the final zombie in a stage (or 2 zombies, if you are brave) stalled at the window by feeding them drinks and cheese slices while you max out their burgers, that seems to make up most of the difference in distinguishing between 1 and 3 stars. 2) The total number of items in a burger does affect the score, but be careful of using the same item too many times in a row. 3) There is a bonus for a complete burger! Giving a proper burger as opposed to just the separate ingredients is worth more. 4) Some basic points: a cooked burger is 50, pizza is 70, and fries are 40. 5) There are a lot of possible bonuses for burger ingredients, so try anything you can pick up! A basic rule of thumb is "bigger is better." 6) Stars are purely score based. 7) Variety helps a lot, but it's not weighted to punish for not varying it up too much.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally! Sparc is on sale in EU.

Really wanted it, but heard lag was bad in Asia-pacific region due to lack of regional servers.

50% off is a good price to be able to try it out, and hopefully servers will be added at some point.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I believe DS4, Moves, and AIM are all supported for DOOM(heard it mentioned in one of the new videos, and all 3 are listed in the game details on the PSN store). And yeah seems it still teleport only for movement no matter what?

In the stream at 9:52 the talk about controller options and that it's just move and aim, no DS4. At least that's what I make of it.

Probably due to the way you aim, as that would be not be ideal with a DS4 (but doable, as Farpoint showed).

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't touched my PSVR since Farpoint but I am going to play a ton of Skyrim.

Omerta

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
I'm really conflicted about Skyrim. I beat in on PS3 and bought the SE and barely played it.

I'd love to experience Skyrim VR but I'm also really tempted to play it on the go with my Switch.

Decisions decisions...

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Impressions seem good. Now the question is play with Move controllers or the game pad? I'll end up trying out all the methods to see which works best.

Gamepad sounds more comfortable in the long run, but for me this heavily depends on how targeting works. Since I never played the non-VR version I don't know how targeting works on a regular controller and the 1:1 hand movment definitely looks awesome.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm seriously tempted to pick up a VR headset for Xmas this year, how is the easiest way to estimate if I've got enough room for it in my play area? My main concerns are the mass of wires coming from the headset and such, and space required for the unit - I have a pretty small play area and I'm not sure I'll have enough space.

Dash

Oct 25, 2017
You'll need about five foot of space for the camera to work properly. Ideally a little bit more.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
It's cool that Moss finally has a release date, but it's a bummer that the release date's in February. I was really hoping it'd be out before year's end, I've been itching to play the game since I saw the E3 reveal.

SwiftSweeper

Oct 25, 2017
Impressions seem good. Now the question is play with Move controllers or the game pad? I'll end up trying out all the methods to see which works best.

If I can play seated with Moves, I willl use Moves. Otherwise, it is Dualshock. Combat was always Elder Scrolls weak point, so I am hoping that Moves will make it more fun.

After seeing the new footage, I am hyped for Skyrim.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Bound + Until Dawn Rush of Blood free with PS plus in November.
That's 2 great VR game!

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
So I got an offer for trading my PS4 Pro for a full Launch VR bundle. (I have 2 Pros)

Should I go ahead and do it? Or should I just get the new one with that HDR bypass or whatever that is

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Bound + Until Dawn Rush of Blood free with PS plus in November.
That's 2 great VR game!

Really helping me sway my opinion on VR! Rush of Blood would have been one of my first VR choices anyway.

I'd be interested in seeing what Bound is like in VR as well. I've already platinumed the game previously and really loved it, though I can't say I'd want to try doing some of those speed runs again anytime soon!

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Picked up a few more older PSVR games last night, that I hadn't got around to buying before, Rez Infinite, Headmaster and Ancient Amuletor, noticed they were still on sale in UK.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Been keeping in touch once in a while with the devs of Redemption's Guild.

The game looks like it could be great if it achieves what it aims to do.

You can hang out with your group (online coop) in the tavern before heading out into a dungeon or other types of adventures, featuring rpg style classes and action combat.

This update is 4 months old, but they got news coming soon.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Everything is more compelling in VR. There have been some games I had fun with in VR that would have been like watching paint dry in 2D.
Keeping my eye on Skyrim. I never finished it the first time it launched on the PS3 due to glitch-o-rama, and I'd been planning to just buy the remastered version on sale, but if the VR version controls well, that may just be the way to go.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a VR advocate I already own both but great for people who have yet to enter the world of VR.

I was down for ROB till I heard it had spiders in it. Couldn't even finish the first level of farpoint cause of that goddamn jumping spider crabs.

I'm wary of skyrim but I could handle them well enough in 2d.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Keeping my eye on Skyrim. I never finished it the first time it launched on the PS3 due to glitch-o-rama, and I'd been planning to just buy the remastered version on sale, but if the VR version controls well, that may just be the way to go.

The reason I avoided Skyrim is that I hatehatehate level scaling, but VR might be enough to make me overlook it... enough.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, turns out I actually have slightly more than 5 foot of room in my games area. So my next VR question is in regards to cables - including the camera cable, VR box and the headset itself how much extra cabling wise am I looking at, and is the passthrough box that large? Just trying to picture how it'll look on my shelving.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Pass through box is pretty small. Wires there's a bunch. Especially if you plan on switching cables for hdr.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, turns out I actually have slightly more than 5 foot of room in my games area. So my next VR question is in regards to cables - including the camera cable, VR box and the headset itself how much extra cabling wise am I looking at, and is the passthrough box that large? Just trying to picture how it'll look on my shelving.

If you buy the new one not much at all if its the old version your looking at an extension cable and a usb cable extra.

Edit: Here is a pic for clarity.
ss-playstation-vr-screen-03-dwh800x635.jpg

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks both of you :) I'm not in a rush to get VR, hoping for a Black Friday or Xmas deal else I can wait. I don't have an HDR capable TV so that won't be a problem, but I may wait for the newer VR headset to be on the safe side. Any word when its out? (if it isn't so already?)

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I switched the included cables that connect the processing box to the PS4 (a USB-USBmicro cable and an HDMI cable) for really, really short ones. I have a Pro so I can use the rear USB socket, so there's no added mess at all. The camera cable goes up behind the TV so it's pretty hidden, but I'd like to mount it higher up at some point. The messy thing is the cable from the headset, and you can fix that by unplugging it and putting it away when not in use.