• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Is there seriously no way to fix the 'wobbling' issue? I've tried literally every single solution in the book and the view is still wobbling. Coming from the Quest the experience here is just so bad and it's a shame because I love some of the games I can play on this thing.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Is there seriously no way to fix the 'wobbling' issue? I've tried literally every single solution in the book and the view is still wobbling. Coming from the Quest the experience here is just so bad and it's a shame because I love some of the games I can play on this thing.
Tracking is very dependent of your setup and environment.
I used that some issues but it's all fixed now.

Major cause of issues:
-light sources in the field of view of the camera (you can check this once you start a game, you can then can access the negative view of your camera view in the PSVR menu.
-reflective surfaces in the field of view (mirrors and windows in particular)
-Height of your camera, usually higher is better (can vary between games)
-reflective clothing (in particular whites).
-too low or too high a light level (light source need to be outside the field of view)
-turning the PSVR on a flat surface instead of on your face and let it 'calibrate' there for 30 sec at least
-turning one controllers on flat suface and let them calibrate for at least 30 seconds before pick them up
-Camera need to stable (no vibration from speakers or wobble from unstable brackets/stands)

Doing all the above GREATLY improved my tracking, drift and wobble

*edit* Well charged controllers helps too.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
One of my Move controllers is kot holding charge. Charged it fully a few weeks ago, today wanted to play and it is dead. The other one is still fully charged... Fuck this shit :( Having to charge it before playing sucks because it is extremely slow to charge...

Oct 25, 2017
One of my Move controllers is kot holding charge. Charged it fully a few weeks ago, today wanted to play and it is dead. The other one is still fully charged... Fuck this shit :( Having to charge it before playing sucks because it is extremely slow to charge...
One of mine is noticeably worse than the other too - but I'm not going to buy new ones with PS5+PSVR2 on the horizon.

I have heard of people replacing batteries though...

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping we get some news tomorrow about PSVR2.

Does anyone expect optimizations for PSVR BC?

I've been wondering about that, but it's really up to the individual devs to decide whether it's worth it to revisit those games. No Man's Sky is still "live" so I can Hello considering the idea. I don't know whether Sony would think it's worth it to optimize Astrobot, since it seems mostly fine as is.

My big one is Elite: Dangerous. I'd heard that they were toying with bringing the VR version to PSVR, but could only manage it to their satisfaction with PSVR on the Pro. The Base PS4 version couldn't cut it. But maybe with the PS5?...

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
My guess is they weren't even planning to introduce PSVR2 for a year or more - it's to much of an ask for many consumers to buy a new console and an ancillary VR set - and what with the pandemic delays in supply chains that's likely been pushed back even further, which gives them more time to experiment and finalize the specs, design, & features.

I'm expecting PS5 information, and maybe a statement confirming that, just as they've already said before, there will be a PSVR2 that will be backwards-compatible with existing PSVR games, but nothing more than that. But we'll see shortly.

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is they weren't even planning to introduce PSVR2 for a year or more - it's to much of an ask for many consumers to buy a new console and an ancillary VR set - and what with the pandemic delays in supply chains that's likely been pushed back even further, which gives them more time to experiment and finalize the specs, design, & features.

I'm expecting PS5 information, and maybe a statement confirming that, just as they've already said before, there will be a PSVR2 that will be backwards-compatible with existing PSVR games, but nothing more than that. But we'll see shortly.
Yeah I wasn't expecting PSVR2 headset hardware details, just indications of tech in PS5 for VR.

Instead, I'm left more doubtful about even basic BC support for PSVR1 titles. What percentage of my games will work?

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah I wasn't expecting PSVR2 headset hardware details, just indications of tech in PS5 for VR.

Instead, I'm left more doubtful about even basic BC support for PSVR1 titles. What percentage of my games will work?
Feeling the same way. I recently bought (non-vr) games on PS4 over PC or Switch feeling it was a lock to expect them to work on PS5. But now Sony is talking about around 100 games? What is this?

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling the same way. I recently bought (non-vr) games on PS4 over PC or Switch feeling it was a lock to expect them to work on PS5. But now Sony is talking about around 100 games? What is this?
EDIT: NVM, I rewatched it. Cerny was specifically talking about boost mode/ non-native clock speeds not working on all titles.

I'm happier now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
EDIT: NVM, I rewatched it. Cerny was specifically talking about boost mode/ non-native clock speeds not working on all titles.

I'm happier now.
I'm not sure. It's really unclear if you look at the text in the blog post on top of that. Because that's how I understood it at first.

Lastly, we're excited to confirm that the backwards compatibility features are working well. We recently took a look at the top 100 PS4 titles as ranked by play time, and we're expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PS5. With more than 4000 games published on PS4, we will continue the testing process and expand backwards compatibility coverage over time.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure. It's really unclear if you look at the text in the blog post on top of that. Because that's how I understood it at first.
In the talk, he started by talking up AMDs efforts in ensuring BC modes even when adding new features(with a graphic of Native,Pro,PS4 modes onscreen) Then he went into talking about running PS4 games in PS5 native mode - and several games not working with the change in clocks. That's when he mentioned that games had to be tested one by one - and most of the top 100 games worked. Finishing with "we hope almost all of the top 100 games will work at launch" was a bad quote to end on. The Blog should really make it clearer than that.

EDIT: NVM I watched it a third freakin time and it is ambiguous!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
In the talk, he started by talking up AMDs efforts in ensuring BC modes even when adding new features(with a graphic of Native,Pro,PS4 modes onscreen) Then he went into talking about running PS4 games in PS5 native mode - and several games not working with the change in clocks. That's when he mentioned that games had to be tested one by one - and most of the top 100 games worked. Finishing with "we hope almost all of the top 100 games will work at launch" was a bad quote to end on. The Blog should really make it clearer than that.

EDIT: NVM I watched it a third freakin time and it is ambiguous!
It's not ambiguous in my opinion lol. I relistened too. He definitely talks about a Boost mode (boosted frequency, which is what boost mode on the pro was too). He's talking to developers mainly, I'm sure that's why no real time was spent talking about legacy modes.

But I wouldn't say it confirms anything either way lol.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Looks pretty good. I might pick it up this week-end. I've had a tradition of doing escape rooms on my birthday with my friends. Might not be the same this time around, but it's at close as it'll get.

I wonder how many "rooms" it has. I'm guessing it'll be $40 CAD so I still kind of want a couple hours out of it I guess.

It's £24.99 in the UK. I got it but won't have a chance to try until later.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Need some advice. I am laid off due to coronavirus and which of these VR games should I play? I own all of them.

Borderlands 2 VR
LA Noire VR
Killing Floor
Espire 1
Raw Data
Sairento
Arizona Sunshine
Creed
Box
The Persistence
Mortal Blitz
Thumper
I expect you to die
Statik
Invisible Hours
Tetris Effect

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Need some advice. I am laid off due to coronavirus and which of these VR games should I play? I own all of them.

Borderlands 2 VR
LA Noire VR
Killing Floor
Espire 1
Raw Data
Sairento
Arizona Sunshine
Creed
Box
The Persistence
Mortal Blitz
Thumper
I expect you to die
Statik
Invisible Hours
Tetris Effect
I'd start with Statik, if you enjoy logic puzzles. It's one of my favourite VR games because it nails the creepy/funny atmosphere perfectly, and the puzzles are just hard enough to be rewarding without being frustrating.

If you're feeling stressed and isolated, Tetris Effect will help.

If you need some exercise, Creed is probably best. I haven't played it but it looks pretty hectic.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017

Borderlands 2 VR
LA Noire VR
Killing Floor
Espire 1
Raw Data
Sairento
Arizona Sunshine
Creed
Box
The Persistence
Mortal Blitz
Thumper
I expect you to die
Statik
Invisible Hours
Tetris Effect
Of those, I've only played The Persistence, Thumper, I Expect You To Die, Statik, Invisible Hours, and Tetris Effect (and the demo of Raw Data, which seemed so janky I passed on buying it despite recommendations).

If you want to escape the oppressiveness of current reality, Invisible Hours gets my vote - it's one of the real unsung gems of VR, a murder mystery at the house of Nikola Tesla, where you can rewind time and move around, viewing everyone and what they do; it's like being a silent spectator onstage during a play, and it has surprisingly good writing and acting. Tetris Effect will also take you out of the world, just because you'll fall into the usual Tetris flow state and forget about everything else. I wound up being underwhelmed, which puts me very much in the minority, because once I focus on the gameplay I don't see anything except the blocks, so all the visual and musical trappings are lost on me.

Thumper's a surprisingly obsession-inducing arcade game - simple and gripping, and way more visceral in VR than on a flat screen - it's a great way to take a break between other games. Statik is a really great puzzle game with Portal-like touches of humor, and I Expect You To Die is a hilarious Bond-spoof puzzle game. The latter really shines with an audience, with people who aren't wearing the headset shouting out suggestions (in the PSVR system settings, you can mix in sounds outside the headset with the game audio, a feature that's often overlooked).

If, on the other hand, you want to steer into the oppressive reality curve, The Persistence is an amazing horror roguelike with practically unlimited replayability due to the procedurally-generated levels. It would be a good game without VR, but in VR it's incredibly immersive. When I played it, it was an intense experience that I enjoyed, and I also enjoyed taking off the headset and being back in the real world where I wasn't being chased by zombies on a dying spaceship. Now, though...

Really, those are all great games, and VR is inarguably the most effective way to escape the real world for a few hours.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
What are people's thoughts on Arizona Sunshine, Doom VFR, and Farpoint? I'm looking for more Aim supported games. I only have Firewall and Borderlands at the moment. The three aforementioned games are on sale atm.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
What are people's thoughts on Arizona Sunshine, Doom VFR, and Farpoint? I'm looking for more Aim supported games. I only have Firewall and Borderlands at the moment. The three aforementioned games are on sale atm.
I have all of those.
I personally like Arizona Sunshine with Aim (and on the Pro). It's a linear shooter not really open world but it's nice enough if you like to shoot Zombie. My understanding graphics quality isn't that great on base PS4. Voicing isn't the best but I didn't mind.

Farpoint has very nice graphics (best of all of those) and the Aim use is very good. Also a linear shooter. I liked it. Avoid if you have a strong dislike for spiders. Story is serviceable. I liked it. Does have a multi-player option.

Doom does not have a great use of Aim. It's my least favorite of all 3. I didn't like it much. Noting in particular stands out, gameply, graphics, VR implementation are all bellow average.

I would say Farpoint (with Aim) is the better one of the 3, followed by Arizona and then Doom.

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Out of those three there is none I did not like (AS only if you have a pro). But if I had to rank them I would go Farpoint>>Arizona Sunshine>>>>>>Doom VFR. Many people did not like Doom, I found it to be a lot of fun if you can live with it's flaws.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I found Doom to be better with a controller. That being said I flat out hated Farpoint and Arizona Sunshine even with the aim.

Firewall is garbage because of the grind and technical issues too.

Borderlands 2 is neat but I hate that it doesn't have a sprint option or co-op and it doesn't help I already put hundreds of hours into the flat version lol.

DOOM>>>>> Farpoint>> Arizona Sunshine

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
I found Doom to be better with a controller. That being said I flat out hated Farpoint and Arizona Sunshine even with the aim.

Firewall is garbage because of the grind and technical issues too.

Borderlands 2 is neat but I hate that it doesn't have a sprint option or co-op and it doesn't help I already put hundreds of hours into the flat version lol.

DOOM>>>>> Farpoint>> Arizona Sunshine
Eh, I actually love Firewall (I don't like the grind, and I hate the P2P matchmaking, but love the core gameplay and it's use of VR and the Aim).

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Eh, I actually love Firewall (I don't like the grind, and I hate the P2P matchmaking, but love the core gameplay and it's use of VR and the Aim).
I do too but the waiting and technical issues became overbearing for me. You spend way too much time not actually playing.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
I do too but the waiting and technical issues became overbearing for me. You spend way too much time not actually playing.
True enough. If you end up hosting a room it's nice to find a good group to play with, but the game is completely hamstrung by some of the dev choices. It could have been the PSVR equivalent to R6 Siege, but it can feel like a big letdown when you aren't in the middle of an actual game.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've just played the first hour or so and I'm really impressed. It looks and sounds great, the controls work very well (using move controllers, haven't tried with a pad) and it's got a lovely Cthulhu-esque atmosphere.
Just did the first part in the museum. (not counting the office as much lol)

I'm liking it. Hoping for at least 2 more big rooms like that at that price. $40 for 3 hours or so is a lot.

I made sure to turn hints off so I could figure things by myself and was mostly fine. There's one part it took me a while to realize a simple thing you could do.

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Just did the first part in the museum. (not counting the office as much lol)

I'm liking it. Hoping for at least 2 more big rooms like that at that price. $40 for 3 hours or so is a lot.

I made sure to turn hints off so I could figure things by myself and was mostly fine. There's one part it took me a while to realize a simple thing you could do.

I like it a lot. The VR implementation works very well and it's all extremely polished. Took us a bit over an hour to get to what I'm assuming is close to the end of the museum. My wife is a big fan of the iOS Room games and she's really enjoying it.

I had a peek at the achievements, it looks like there are probably
five
"rooms" total including the museum.

OP
OP
Dashful

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I like it a lot. The VR implementation works very well and it's all extremely polished. Took us a bit over an hour to get to what I'm assuming is close to the end of the museum. My wife is a big fan of the iOS Room games and she's really enjoying it.

I had a peek at the achievements, it looks like there are probably
five
"rooms" total including the museum.
I started the one after the museum. I think this is considered the 3rd one since the intro counts as one in trophies.

90 minutes later and I'm not done. Keeping the rest of it for later. Had to use use hints in this one. Missed obvious things.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Fisherman's Tale, Apex Construct, Eagle Flight, Electronauts, Kona VR Bundle, Rez Infinite, Sprint Vector, No Man's Sky, Dick Wilde (if you have the AIM peripheral).

Oct 25, 2017
Media Molecule dev says VR update is complete and going through QA/Localisation now!
twitter.com

Marcos on Twitter

“@scarybiscuitlbp Fingers crossed, not too long, I can’t say date, that will jinx it and I’ll get slapped, but we are done feature/content wise, in bug fixing/QA/Localisation etc now”

Apr 20, 2020
I tried Sairento this afternoon and I've sunk hours into it already, I'm kind of blown away how full a package it feels with all the loot and upgrades.

The mobility is awesome, the visuals are super clean and the cyberpunk aesthetic has some nice touches. I highly recommend this one

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Some tech video directly from Sony showcasing their new VR finger tracking device prototype (Move 2??):

uploadvr.com

Watch: Sony Reveals Research On Next-Gen Finger-Tracked VR Controllers

Past patents have suggested that Sony is working on finger-tracking for a new VR motion controller, possibly PlayStation Move 2, to be paired with an unannounced PSVR 2 headset. Now a new video from Sony researchers gives us a much more solid look at that work. The video accompanies a

Alyx on PSVR2 here we go!!1

Nextgen VR will be so damn good, wish I could freeze myself for two years.

Birbo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone pick up the new Walking Dead VR game? Hearing nothing but good things about it. Wasn't on my radar at all and the $50 price seems kinda steep, but I'm super close to an impulse buy.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up the European version right at launch. Due to a pricing error it was €35 (tourist edition €55). They adjusted it later on to be in line with US pricing, €40 and €50 respectively - a nice little 12.5% launch discount for me. :]

Game is absolutely excellent!