• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
As usual, here are the things confirmed for PSVR during E3 2018 period/month from various sources/conference.
Some were announced previously.

Deracine (FROM Software)

Tetris Effect

Ghost Giant

Beat Saber

Trover Saves the Universe

Astro bot: Rescue Mission

Jupiter & Mars

Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot

Space Pirate Trainer

Table of Tales: The Crooked Crown

Gungrave VR (English release)

Transference

Creed: Rise to Glory

Evasion

Arca's Path VR

Detached VR

Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight (Very minimal VR, only treasure hunt & character viewer)

Dreams
(There's no new Dreams trailer so I can't post shit, I'll just post this PS Access new video confirming Dreams VR on day 1, creation and playing in VR, and them showcasing one of the game that can be played in VR.)

Compilation Trailer

Expect a few more updates like Blood and Truth, Firewall and more.
On Wednesday Sony will be Live demoing a lot of PSVR games:

10:00am Evasion
10:15 Firewall
10:25 Astrobot
10:35 Tetris Effect
10:45 Ghost Giant
10:55 Creed
11:05 Vacation Simulator
11:30 Dreams

For the next section, these are unconfirmed games hinted to be coming.
The Elder Scrolls Blades
(Coming to every platform from "mobile VR to PCVR" so I assume PSVR will be in?)

Prey Typhon Hunter VR
(Totally zero info on platforms but Bethesda seems to want everything on everything)

Seeking Dawn VR
(Dev confirmed multiple times it's coming to PSVR, but since the dev is extremely shady, I don't know about this... Can't find any source but VRFocus is suggesting it's confirmed)

Last edited:

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for creating this thread! I'm happy about these games. Deracine and Astro bot are probably my two most anticipated games regardless of plarform right now.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
Excellent line up - not sure why Sony didn't announce a couple of these in the main presser, especially From Softwares game, Astro Bot and The Tetris Effect.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
russell.gif

E3 killed most of the excitement I have left for PSVR. Outside of Dreams I bet most of these games will be able to be beaten in a day. I will wait for gameplay and then wait till the games are released to see if I want to spend money

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent compilation, thanks Matt. It's spread out and low key, but new interesting anouncements keep coming in.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PSVR owners: GET SPACE PIRATE TRAINER

Trust me on this. It's been consistently one of the games I go back to the very most. Conceptually, it's basically Space Invaders in VR. But holy fuck.

HOLY FUCK.

Mastering the grenade launcher is one of the most satisfying experiences in all of gaming. I love sticking to dual semi-autos in early rounds until the enemy count gets insanely high, then causually pulling out the grenade launcher. Taking out huge swarm of enemies with carefully timed explosions is so badass.

SPT will make you feel cool. Stylish, even.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's solid and I'm glad to see we're still getting decent support. I'm not sure which of these I'll pick up on PSVR though. Maybe Daracine. But we know next to nothing currently. The only VR thing that blew me away was Insomniacs Stormland. And that's Oculus. I know I'll be able to use my Vive too. But it's definitely going to be a bit awkward control wise still. I really need those damn kunckle controllers and I wish Sony would just show us they are least thinking about a new pair of motion controllers.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's solid and I'm glad to see we're still getting decent support. I'm not sure which of these I'll pick up on PSVR though. The only VR thing that blew me away was Insomniacs Stormland. And that's Oculus. I know I'll be able to use my Vive too. But it's definitely going to be a bit awkward control wise still. I really need those damn kunckle controllers and I wish Sony would just show us they are least thinking about a new pair of motion controllers.

I'd pick up Tetris effect day 1, except I'm confident it'll come to PC, in which case I want to wait. Going from PSVR to Vive on Rez Area X was an enormous upgrade so I want to experience Tetris VR on day 1 in that fidelity.

But if all I had was a PSVR, I wouldn't hesitate a damn heartbeat on Tetris Effect. Very easily one of my most anticipated games going forward, VR or not.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd pick up Tetris effect day 1, except I'm confident it'll come to PC, in which case I want to wait. Going from PSVR to Vive on Rez Area X was an enormous upgrade so I want to experience Tetris VR on day 1 in that fidelity.

But if all I had was a PSVR, I wouldn't hesitate a damn heartbeat on Tetris Effect. Very easily one of my most anticipated games going forward, VR or not.
I'll probably wait on that as well. I want to be able to bump the resolution way up etc. Oh man I'm psyched if the Pimax starts shipping soon. That being said, across all these devices, except oculus which have really set themselves apart. I need new controllers. I'm not going to sit here and bash PSVR's or anything but obviously they desperately need new motion controllers. And personally Valves wands annoy me. Enough that I haven't been playing a whole lot of VR lately waiting for Knuckles. Which are starting to feel like an illusion lol.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably wait on that as well. I want to be able to bump the resolution way up etc. Oh man I'm psyched if the Pimax starts shipping soon. That being said, across all these devices, except oculus which have really set themselves apart. I need new controllers. I'm not going to sit here and bash PSVR's or anything but obviously they desperately need new motion controllers. And personally Valves wands annoy me. Enough that I haven't been playing a whole lot of VR lately waiting for Knuckles. Which are starting to feel like an illusion lol.

Also, where the fuck are my sixense STEMS?

:V

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I missed the announcement of that Creed game, that looks like a lot of fun. Like a mix of Punch-out and, well, Rocky.

I remember when I got my powerglove (in 1996) the very first thing I tried out was Mike Tyson's punchout. And when it worked, it blew my fucking mind. I can't wait to try Creed.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, where the fuck are my sixense STEMS?

:V
I didn't even know about those. And they've been demoed successfully multiple times at different shows going as far as winning awards? That seems, like a pretty big deal. Especially for the price they think they'd be able to deliver them for. Knuckles have also been shown off several times and appear to be working quite well. I guess it's just refinement and manufacturing/consistency that's going to take ages.

OP
OP
MattAces

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Evasion's the only upcoming game that uses the Aim controller?
Another one being Seeking Dawn (assuming it will even release).
But there's a few demo in E3 that will support the Aim.
Kill X being one of them. Demo only had PSMove support but the demo in their E3 booth are using Aim.

Wolfenstein being another "maybe", it looks like Doom VFR which supports Aim.

And of course Firewall: Zero Hour, no new trailer.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Thats a lot of games. I'm like a year behind PSVR content, barely finishing Year 1 games, unfortunately I don't have a lot of money or time to play them all.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good OP and thanks for posting. A mostly positive thread so far, pretty weird for Era to be so positive around E3, especially with anything Sony related.

Mar 17, 2018
Should've went with Skyrim bundle that includes Move. Try finding a cheap pair of Move if you don't have em. It's extremely important to have it.

My moves are in perfect condition. I was just actually using the sharpshooter on house of the dead lol. Cool game tho. I cannot wait for this thing. I want to watch my 3D movies in it too, although a PSVR 2 would be amazing for movies I am keeping my expectations in check. I have pretty much all the good disney 3D stuff as I collect a lot of movies.

OP
OP
MattAces

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
My moves are in perfect condition. I was just actually using the sharpshooter on house of the dead lol. Cool game tho. I cannot wait for this thing. I want to watch my 3D movies in it too, although a PSVR 2 would be amazing for movies I am keeping my expectations in check. I have pretty much all the good disney 3D stuff as I collect a lot of movies.
Then that's perfect! Because the mark up price to get a pair of move separately outside of bundle is ridiculous now. If you have them already then it's all good.

greekwolf

Oct 28, 2017
I'm disappointed with this lineup. PSVR desperately needs another AAA single-player campaign like Skyrim and Resident Evil, and far less "VR experiences." I guess Deracine looks somewhat intriguing, but we know almost nothing about it, other than its pedigree.

I was convinced going into this E3 that we would get Fallout 3 or Bioshock in VR. Heck, just a straight port of the Xbox 360 version into PSVR would have been incredibly exciting for the existing fanbase. I guess Sony was more interesed in a new From Software game to move VR units. Judging from reaction threads, they were apprarently correct.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed with this lineup. PSVR desperately needs another AAA single-player campaign like Skyrim and Resident Evil, and far less "VR experiences." I guess Deracine looks somewhat intriguing, but we know almost nothing about it, other than its pedigree.

I was convinced going into this E3 that we would get Fallout 3 or Bioshock in VR. Heck, just a straight port of the Xbox 360 version into PSVR would have been incredibly exciting for the existing fanbase. I guess Sony was more interesed in a new From Software game to move VR units. Judging from reaction threads, they were apprarently correct.

Wolfenstein VR and a new Elder Scrolls in VR were both announced at E3.

greekwolf

Oct 28, 2017
Wolfenstein VR and a new Elder Scrolls in VR were both announced at E3.

Yes, but neither are the flagship or mainline games in their respective series, ala Skyrim and Resident Evil VII. Wolfenstein was described as a spin-off made exclusively for VR, and not Wolfenstein: Youngblood. No one really knows what Elder Scrolls Blades actually is, other than it's also going to be a mobile game.

Who knows.., they might both turn out to be fantastic, and I certainly hope that's the case.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
really wish Sega and Bamco would bring some of their classic light gun games to VR, give me that golden era polygon graphics in VR.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Thanks for the thread, I've missed almost all of these.

Gungrave must be an eaaarly alpha, right? That looked beyond rough (and terrible imo).